Skip to content

Camp Trubisky

The Browns Board
548 53 13.4k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    At the gym but I got a text from a friend that UNC is down 21-0. If you want to give solid input, I'd suggest flipping on the game now.

    Watched most of it...

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Regarding Mitch...he did have some rare accuracy issues and seemed flustered in the 1st half.

    ... and the second.

    One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.

    Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.

    Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.

    More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.

    On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Watched most of it...

    ... and the second.

    One game does not an assessment make, but I saw no #1 overall worthy QB today.

    Positives included fairly short, quick release, more than adequate arm strength and quick feet.

    Attributes MIA included restricted reads, pocket presence, TOR, and accuracy.

    I think you are dead wrong on both the pocket presence and the accuracy. As Hoorta said...he stood in there and many many on the button throws while defenders were in his face. As for accuracy...no, he wasn't 1000 percent perfect....but I saw only two throws that were not throwaways that were off target...and one of those was by a cunt hair.

    As for restricted reads...I think that is a scheme/coaching matter. And I don't know what you mean by TOR.

    More work to do, but not enough seen for a QB who runs a lot of read option and gets his play adjustments from the sideline.

    Sure, more work to do....but read option and getting adjustment from the sidelines is the way 99.4% of college offenses are run now. I don't like it much...but it is what it is.

    On the bright side I was reintroduced to Bradley Chubb, NS State DE... had not seen him since last season. Nice looking 4-3 DE prospect.

    What round do you see him going?

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

  • I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    Glad you are you and not a scout.

  • I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I think the choice is pretty obviously Trubisky as of right now nobody else should really be considered

    I'm on board but I'm a homer

  • @gftchris said:

    Just Ask Gipper. All the results will be just as he says.

    And my recollection was correct: See this article where Goff was ranked no higher than #7 and Wentz wasn't even in the Top 25:

    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/133373274/college-football-2015-quarterback-rankings

    Three Buckeye QBs were rated higher.

    And here: SI....Goff a second rounder:

    http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/03/nfl-draft-2016-big-board-joey-bosa-jalen-ramsey

    I didn't make this up. Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.

    "Gip is a dickwad."

    Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.

    "Gip is a dickwad."

    Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    @tour2ma said:

    "Gip is a dickwad."

    Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

    LOL!

    Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh

    I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    I'd take mitch second round

  • @tour2ma said:

    "Gip is a dickwad."

    Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

    LOL!

    Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh

    I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    LOL!

    Also in regards to my post i mean as far as college QBs go i think mitch is nearly undisputed the top QB available in 2017. Doesn't mean we wont take allen or Garrett but i think i would prefer Allen tbh

    I still think we will take mitch because the need is so great to stabilise our QB spot but you never know they may decide to wait for lamar

    If they wait for a 6'2 undersized college running QB, then they deserve to get fired.

  • I'd take mitch second round

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    I'd take mitch second round

    You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.

  • @stillmotion said:

    I'd take mitch second round

    You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.

    Johnny said that too. Worked for him. 😉

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    You must not have taken into account that he says he wants to play here. That bumps him up a round.

    Johnny said that too. Worked for him. 😉

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Johnny said that too. Worked for him. 😉

    I was definitely being sarcastic. I know that there will be a few here who go insane over Trubisky because he said he wanted to play here.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Me too. 😁

  • Me too. 😁

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Me too. 😁

    Haha

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Just watched him vs Pitt. Very impressive. When you watch the film, you can see the Tar Heels' o-line is possibly worse than the Browns'. If he had time, he could be deadly.

    More to watch...

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Against Duke, he had better protection in the first half and it showed. He was solid and deadly. In the second half, Duke brought pressure and the UNC o-line got exposed. Trubisky fell apart and looked very shaky all the way until he threw the game losing INT.

    More to go...

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Came out "on fire" against Florida State. Knew he had to get rid of the ball quickly, and did with great success. Almost perfect in the first half, then had a few bad plays holding onto it too long in the 2nd half; however, he did lead 2 4th quarter drives to get the "W".

    Overall so far, plays great despite a weak line. Impressive arm strength, anticipates well, and is quick to get the ball out. He also has good wheels and isn't afraid to tuck and run. He can be a little over-aggressive at times, and loses his accuracy occasionally. Stats may be inflated due to all the screen passes they throw.

    More to go...

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.

  • Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.

    Sounds like he would fit right in on the Browns

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Against Miami, showed off the wheels and great arm strength.

    Noticing he loses accuracy on the run, and needs to learn to throw the ball away as he tends to look down and run at times when nobodys open... needs to keep eyes downfield better.

    After watching 5 games, I'm not sure I see #1 overall talent, but I do see a good player.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    Last game I got tape for was against Virginia. Turbisky lit them up pretty good.

    Overall, I am impressed. He has subpar talent around him yet he has been a very productive player. He looks the part, but will require some adjustment to the NFL game. I think he can be a 1st round pick (based on what I saw) compared to other 1st round QBs Ive seen over the past 5 years. He has the size, speed, arm strength, and a fast release. He is a little inconsistent but much of it is when he is pressured. He does show escapability, but especially loses accuracy when on the move.

    I like him. I may have to look at Kiser and Watson for comparison sake.