Skip to content

Camp Trubisky

The Browns Board
548 53 13.4k
  • Against Miami, showed off the wheels and great arm strength.

    Noticing he loses accuracy on the run, and needs to learn to throw the ball away as he tends to look down and run at times when nobodys open... needs to keep eyes downfield better.

    After watching 5 games, I'm not sure I see #1 overall talent, but I do see a good player.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Noticing he loses accuracy on the run

    Well that eliminates him as our #1 pick because our OL requires you to throw ONLY on the run. 😛

  • @thenew23 said:

    Noticing he loses accuracy on the run

    Well that eliminates him as our #1 pick because our OL requires you to throw ONLY on the run. 😛

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well that eliminates him as our #1 pick because our OL requires you to throw ONLY on the run. 😛

    Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

    If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well that eliminates him as our #1 pick because our OL requires you to throw ONLY on the run. 😛

    Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

    If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

    If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

    There's no such thing as a sure thing

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

    So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?

    Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?

    WSS

  • http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

    So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?

    Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?

    WSS

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

    So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?

    Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?

    WSS

    he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well that eliminates him as our #1 pick because our OL requires you to throw ONLY on the run. 😛

    Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

    If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

    If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

    Mitch is no JaFattus, Flugs. Have a good friend that lives in Raleigh, and has seen a bunch of his games. Doesn't rate him as a #1 overall talent, but as a pretty good prospect. Garrett might be the "sure thing" @ #1 (assuming we have it). But as others have said- Tru isn't going to last until our pick we got from the Eagles comes around. Hmmmm- didn't they change the rules on the supplemental draft? That could get interesting ala Kosar. We get our two stud defenders, and then take Mitch in the supplemental.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Not sure why but I'm getting very much a 'Teddy Twatwater' vibe from Deshaun Watson. Pre-season number one, fell down the boards due to an apparently slightly underwhelming season (where Watson's basically on exactly the same numbers as the year before) and people worried about his size at 'only' 6'2" and 205lbs.

    Maybe I'm just squinting a bit too much but the parallels looks obvious to me at least.

  • @westside-steve said:

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

    So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?

    Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?

    WSS

    he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

    And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

    WSS

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

    And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

    WSS

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

    And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

    WSS

    Steve, did you hear that he is a local kid who wants to play for the Browns? Surely that makes you want the #1 to be used on drafting Trubisky.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    I haven't been Wow'd by any of the QB prospects in this draft. Definitely not enough to spend the #1 on any of them. Local homerism or not. If the Browns could take Trubisky with the second 1st round pick I would be comfortable with that. But I am just not seeing #1 overall talent.

  • @westside-steve said:

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

    And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

    WSS

    Steve, did you hear that he is a local kid who wants to play for the Browns? Surely that makes you want the #1 to be used on drafting Trubisky.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Steve, did you hear that he is a local kid who wants to play for the Browns? Surely that makes you want the #1 to be used on drafting Trubisky.

    And re-sign Hoyer to backup and mentor the Mentor kid.

    As for who's number 1, there's not really a consensus, and it's not like they can't decide between two or three great prospects and it's a proven vs potential debate, it's more reminiscent of Bortles vs Manziel vs Bridgewater, or Geno vs Barkley vs the others, at least to me.

    This is of course before silly season has really started and some kid who's 6'5 and 240lbs from WheresThat Christian 'wows' the scouts and becomes the guy everyone wants.

  • @westside-steve said:

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

    And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

    WSS

    Steve, did you hear that he is a local kid who wants to play for the Browns? Surely that makes you want the #1 to be used on drafting Trubisky.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Steve, did you hear that he is a local kid who wants to play for the Browns? Surely that makes you want the #1 to be used on drafting Trubisky.

    Brady Quinn has relatives in Carroll County where I'm originally from, one of them is supposed to be a distant relative.

    How much shit do you think I've gotten for being a Brady Quinn fan?

    😁

    So if one of the lawyers in the front office truly believes that this is the missing link between the Cleveland Browns and the Super Bowl, great.

    But homerism only goes so far.

    WSS

  • @flugel said:

    Trubisky had a very nice throw on the run yesterday. I'd hate to see a very week QB draft making him #1 like the draft Jamarcus Russell went all the way up the charts at the last minute.

    If we need some sure things, can we afford to be wrong at #1 overall with our pick of the litter at any position we desperately need matching BPA?

    Mitch is no JaFattus, Flugs. Have a good friend that lives in Raleigh, and has seen a bunch of his games. Doesn't rate him as a #1 overall talent, but as a pretty good prospect. Garrett might be the "sure thing" @ #1 (assuming we have it). But as others have said- Tru isn't going to last until our pick we got from the Eagles comes around. Hmmmm- didn't they change the rules on the supplemental draft? That could get interesting ala Kosar. We get our two stud defenders, and then take Mitch in the supplemental.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Mitch is no JaFattus, Flugs. Have a good friend that lives in Raleigh, and has seen a bunch of his games. Doesn't rate him as a #1 overall talent, but as a pretty good prospect. Garrett might be the "sure thing" @ #1 (assuming we have it). But as others have said- Tru isn't going to last until our pick we got from the Eagles comes around. Hmmmm- didn't they change the rules on the supplemental draft? That could get interesting ala Kosar. We get our two stud defenders, and then take Mitch in the supplemental.

    Never said he was Jamarcus. I said this QB draft looks weak like the draft Russell became the #1 pick in.

    Trubisky looks like a good QB from what little I've seen. However, his body of work starting is only 1 year so I'd be a little uncomfortable saying he's #1 overall material. I've certainly been wrong before though...

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.

    And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Who here hasn't been wrong before?

    @westside-steve said:

    He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.

    Most previews are still restricting themselves to players they "know" will be in the draft. All the current top prospects are underclassmen, but some have been believed to be coming out since season's start, e.g., Kizer and Watson, while others weren't even on the radar, e.g., Trubisky.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Anyone that disagrees with me can look in the mirror and say to themselves: I am a dickwad.

    "Gip is a dickwad."

    Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    "Gip is a dickwad."

    Hey! The mirror agreed with me!

    Did you spit or swallow that wad that came out of my dick?

  • I'd take mitch second round

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    I'd take mitch second round

    He would not likely last past 2 overall if the Browns passed on him....as the Bears/49ers would take him. Have you not been paying attention?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Johnny said that too. Worked for him. 😉

    I was definitely being sarcastic. I know that there will be a few here who go insane over Trubisky because he said he wanted to play here.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I was definitely being sarcastic. I know that there will be a few here who go insane over Trubisky because he said he wanted to play here.

    It has fuck all with him wanting to play here. That is merely a coincidental bonus. He is considered the best QB pick in this draft. He is considered at minimum a top 5-6 overall pick. He will go high, high, high whether it is the desperately seeking Browns who take him or not.

  • Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.

    Was he awful? Or was the OL and receivers awful. Against NC St. his receivers dropped like 5-6 passes in just the first half...and he had little time to throw. But he made a late comeback that fell a bit short...and made some beautiful throws. The one for a TD was completely majestic.

  • Have we heard from the homeless guy about this yet? He seems to be the one to have Jimmy's(GM) ear.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have we heard from the homeless guy about this yet? He seems to be the one to have Jimmy's(GM) ear.

    From what I understand those homeless guys this year go be the name of Sashi (Brown) and Andrew (Berry).

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have we heard from the homeless guy about this yet? He seems to be the one to have Jimmy's(GM) ear.

    From what I understand those homeless guys this year go be the name of Sashi (Brown) and Andrew (Berry).

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    From what I understand those homeless guys this year go be the name of Sashi (Brown) and Andrew (Berry).

    I think we need the kielbasa kid to stage an intervention.