Camp Trubisky
-
I'd take mitch second round
I'd take mitch second round
He would not likely last past 2 overall if the Browns passed on him....as the Bears/49ers would take him. Have you not been paying attention?
-
Johnny said that too. Worked for him.

I was definitely being sarcastic. I know that there will be a few here who go insane over Trubisky because he said he wanted to play here.
I was definitely being sarcastic. I know that there will be a few here who go insane over Trubisky because he said he wanted to play here.
It has fuck all with him wanting to play here. That is merely a coincidental bonus. He is considered the best QB pick in this draft. He is considered at minimum a top 5-6 overall pick. He will go high, high, high whether it is the desperately seeking Browns who take him or not.
-
Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.
Somewhat concerning, in the rain against Virginia Tech he was awful. No time to throw, woefully inaccurate, and the WRs couldn't catch. All-around terrible. Zero positives.
Was he awful? Or was the OL and receivers awful. Against NC St. his receivers dropped like 5-6 passes in just the first half...and he had little time to throw. But he made a late comeback that fell a bit short...and made some beautiful throws. The one for a TD was completely majestic.
-
Have we heard from the homeless guy about this yet? He seems to be the one to have Jimmy's(GM) ear.
Have we heard from the homeless guy about this yet? He seems to be the one to have Jimmy's(GM) ear.
From what I understand those homeless guys this year go be the name of Sashi (Brown) and Andrew (Berry).
-
Have we heard from the homeless guy about this yet? He seems to be the one to have Jimmy's(GM) ear.
From what I understand those homeless guys this year go be the name of Sashi (Brown) and Andrew (Berry).
From what I understand those homeless guys this year go be the name of Sashi (Brown) and Andrew (Berry).
I think we need the kielbasa kid to stage an intervention.
-
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php
So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?
Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?
WSS
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php
So if he gets taken with the first pick in the draft that will make him better?
Or just a bigger embarrassment if he's not on his way to the hall of fame after the second year in the league?
WSS
He is the best QB in a year that the Browns will have the #1 pick....and can take their choice. He may be the best QB prospect to come out since Winston.
But, sure, he would be a prospect.
Could he be a Joey Harrington/Akili Smith bust.....there is always a remote chance.
Could he become a superstar? Why not.
Could he be somewhere in between? More likely.
Is he better than anything that the Browns have prospects on at the QB slot right now?
Undoubtedly...unless you still believe in the Resurrection of Black Jesus, aka RGIII.
I am not of that denomination of faith. And I am pretty sure you aren't either.
-
Not sure why but I'm getting very much a 'Teddy Twatwater' vibe from Deshaun Watson. Pre-season number one, fell down the boards due to an apparently slightly underwhelming season (where Watson's basically on exactly the same numbers as the year before) and people worried about his size at 'only' 6'2" and 205lbs.
Maybe I'm just squinting a bit too much but the parallels looks obvious to me at least.
Not sure why but I'm getting very much a 'Teddy Twatwater' vibe from Deshaun Watson. Pre-season number one, fell down the boards due to an apparently slightly underwhelming season (where Watson's basically on exactly the same numbers as the year before) and people worried about his size at 'only' 6'2" and 205lbs.
Maybe I'm just squinting a bit too much but the parallels looks obvious to me at least.
I want better. Trubisky is more Derek Carr than Bridgewater. And if you were redrafting right now....Derek Carr would be in like the top 2-3 players taken.
-
he's just the top QB prospect is all and likely will not make it passed pick 3 if we don't pick him up.
He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.
Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.
And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.
WSS
He's not the top prospect in any of the draft previews I have seen. Maybe there are others. All I've been hearing about is Watson and Kizer. He was number 2 on the one I posted and considered a second-round Prospect. That's all. No hatred for the kid.
Just that I think some of the guys around here are going overboard with the love.
And again if I believed the troubles of the Cleveland Browns rested with the quarterback position I might care more.
WSS
Quarterback IS a major trouble area of the Browns. Not sure what you are watching if you don't see that.
Is it the ONLY major trouble area. Fuck no. Take your pick. OL, DB, DL etc.
And I did a compilation of scouting sites. I posted it here somewhere. And Trubisky WAS the top prospect on nearly like 75% of them. Unanimous? No. And what you may have been seeing were the preseason reports.....which are ancient history.
You may be looking at something as outdated as the polls that said Hillary would win by a landslide.
-
i don't think we can afford to pass on the best QB Available. BPA really only works after you have your QB anyway. I mean honestly the question is to take the Best QB available or to take someone else like Allen/Garrett or Peppers. There is no other QB that matches up with Mitch this year. Kizer has sucked since week 3 and Watson is the prime example of a "college" QB like tebow or braxton miller. nobody else is being projected as a first round QB with the odd exception here and there of Luke Falk/Mason Rudolph/Davis Webb.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
If Blaine Gabbert graded out higher than prior top QB prospects, no. You take him every day of the week.
Fact is you can't know whether a player is a Gabbert or a Rodgers. Further fact is that a Gabbert can be a Rodgers if utilized correctly and isn't ruined from the beginning. Thrown to the fire, only a select few shine....and that's not something you can scout.
You have to protect your asset. Look at Oakland and Dallas this year. Dak and Carr are having ridiculous seasons....it's no coincidence they also have studly offensive lines.
IMO, Trubisky deserves talk as the best prospect in this class and I'd put him akin to Goff/Wentz/Bortles/Carr and maybe just a shade below Mariota. With a stellar offensive line, Trubisky can be an effective NFL QB for sure.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
the 2011 draft had Cam Newton as the best QB available in the draft though
you would have been better served to use the 2013 draft as an example
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
the 2011 draft had Cam Newton as the best QB available in the draft though
you would have been better served to use the 2013 draft as an example
the 2011 draft had Cam Newton as the best QB available in the draft though
you would have been better served to use the 2013 draft as an example
Fair point. If there was a clear cut #1 QB then the rest of these guys (Mitch, Watson, Kizer) then 2011 would be a better example.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
-
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
It's the Browns... at this point that phrase isn't accurate.
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
No disagreement. I want no part of Kizer early.
-
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
-
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
-
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
Mostly, but you do see a trend from some schools and some positions. Like for years Baylor have been producing big stat monster WRs in college that don't really translate to the pros (here's hoping Coleman is breaking that trend). USC produces underwhelming QBs (again, here's hoping ours bucks it). Alabama running backs put up big numbers but then often struggle.
-
Not sure why but I'm getting very much a 'Teddy Twatwater' vibe from Deshaun Watson. Pre-season number one, fell down the boards due to an apparently slightly underwhelming season (where Watson's basically on exactly the same numbers as the year before) and people worried about his size at 'only' 6'2" and 205lbs.
Maybe I'm just squinting a bit too much but the parallels looks obvious to me at least.
I want better. Trubisky is more Derek Carr than Bridgewater. And if you were redrafting right now....Derek Carr would be in like the top 2-3 players taken.
I want better. Trubisky is more Derek Carr than Bridgewater. And if you were redrafting right now....Derek Carr would be in like the top 2-3 players taken.
Carr goes number one, no doubt about it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login