Camp Trubisky
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
the 2011 draft had Cam Newton as the best QB available in the draft though
you would have been better served to use the 2013 draft as an example
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
the 2011 draft had Cam Newton as the best QB available in the draft though
you would have been better served to use the 2013 draft as an example
the 2011 draft had Cam Newton as the best QB available in the draft though
you would have been better served to use the 2013 draft as an example
Fair point. If there was a clear cut #1 QB then the rest of these guys (Mitch, Watson, Kizer) then 2011 would be a better example.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
-
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
It's the Browns... at this point that phrase isn't accurate.
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
No disagreement. I want no part of Kizer early.
-
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
-
That may be. But i and Most of the draft pundits currently see Mitch as the clear top QB of this draft. There's still bowl games and combines to be run but the game tape is an advantage for Mitch. He's the most pro ready QB prospect currently. If Kizer was 6'2 210 he wouldn't even be talked about for the first 2 rounds. as much as people may want it he is not a "good" version of cardale jones.
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
-
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
Mostly, but you do see a trend from some schools and some positions. Like for years Baylor have been producing big stat monster WRs in college that don't really translate to the pros (here's hoping Coleman is breaking that trend). USC produces underwhelming QBs (again, here's hoping ours bucks it). Alabama running backs put up big numbers but then often struggle.
-
Not sure why but I'm getting very much a 'Teddy Twatwater' vibe from Deshaun Watson. Pre-season number one, fell down the boards due to an apparently slightly underwhelming season (where Watson's basically on exactly the same numbers as the year before) and people worried about his size at 'only' 6'2" and 205lbs.
Maybe I'm just squinting a bit too much but the parallels looks obvious to me at least.
I want better. Trubisky is more Derek Carr than Bridgewater. And if you were redrafting right now....Derek Carr would be in like the top 2-3 players taken.
I want better. Trubisky is more Derek Carr than Bridgewater. And if you were redrafting right now....Derek Carr would be in like the top 2-3 players taken.
Carr goes number one, no doubt about it.
-
I want better. Trubisky is more Derek Carr than Bridgewater. And if you were redrafting right now....Derek Carr would be in like the top 2-3 players taken.
Carr goes number one, no doubt about it.
Carr goes number one, no doubt about it.
And I'm guessing Teddy doesn't fall past the jags. I forget who was picking second that year, we were fourth (and take Khalil Mack, OBJ or Aaron Donald probably).
-
The more folks are watching Trubisky, and the more they think he could be pro-ready something special,
and you need a qb, of course you draft him high. There's that huge a demand for qb's who "get it".
..can see the field, have the arm, football iq, pocket presence, tough/durable...
It's like if you could go back in time...what round would you draft Joe Montana in? Brady? etc etc Drew Brees,
all 6', 209 lbs of him, sent at the end of the second round.
I would love to get Trubisky in the second round, or even the second pick of the first.
but so far, I think I'd just pick him at the top of round one - seems he could really be special. Still early though.
-
I can't see why Kizer is getting any love at all. Yeah, he's big, and has a big arm. That about covers it. I have an extreme aversion to Notre Dame quarterbacks. Their track record in the pros has been miserable of late. Quinn, Clausen....
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
Joe Montana & Joe Thiesman are duly noted for ND. Granted, might be illogical, but just call it "The Curse of the Irish." And I'm basing my dislike of Kizer on what I've seen, not just some whim.
-
That's completely illogical however. The school has nothing to do with the QB's performance in the NFL.
Mostly, but you do see a trend from some schools and some positions. Like for years Baylor have been producing big stat monster WRs in college that don't really translate to the pros (here's hoping Coleman is breaking that trend). USC produces underwhelming QBs (again, here's hoping ours bucks it). Alabama running backs put up big numbers but then often struggle.
Mostly, but you do see a trend from some schools and some positions. Like for years Baylor have been producing big stat monster WRs in college that don't really translate to the pros (here's hoping Coleman is breaking that trend). USC produces underwhelming QBs (again, here's hoping ours bucks it). Alabama running backs put up big numbers but then often struggle.
It makes sense if you have an entrenched coach or similar offensive system or somehow have maintained the same positional coach throughout multiple tenures.
But Clausen and Kizer are two different QB's from two different coaching systems and two different offenses. I agree though, I wouldn't want Kizer any higher than late second.
-
If the best QB available in the draft was Blaine Gabbert... could you then afford to pass on him?
I've harped on this and many times over, you don't draft for a position just to say you addressed it.
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
What grades are those, Gip? Link?
Just as you don't elevate a position of need because some fan on a chat board has read a couple headlines and thinks he knows what our FO is thinking...
-
-
Watched 7 of Kiser's games:
Pros: strong arm, hits intermediate routes with zip, athletic, good size
Cons: holds onto the ball too long, has a slow throwing motion, no touch-especially on the deep ball, stares down 1 receiver, seems to trust his legs more than his arm, inconsistent accuracy
Overall, I do NOT see 1st round talent with Kiser. Just what I see. He is a read-option QB and does less with a better o-line than Turbisky. I see a developmental 2nd-4rd round guy who could become a starter with a few years sitting behind a vet QB- maybe Arizona or New Orleans.
-
ND has been a hot mess in 2016. The Irish cannot run and they cannot stop the run. Yet statistically Kizer has held up.
-
-
Except...of course.....Trubisky is graded out far, far ahead of where Gabbert was graded.
You also don't pass on a position of need just because some fan on a chat board thinks he knows more than the guys doing the picks.
(though....admittedly.....a lot of us could have done better...If I had been drafting last year we would have had probably Bosa and Josh Doctson....or maybe Lynch)
What grades are those, Gip? Link?
Just as you don't elevate a position of need because some fan on a chat board has read a couple headlines and thinks he knows what our FO is thinking...
What grades are those, Gip? Link?
Just as you don't elevate a position of need because some fan on a chat board has read a couple headlines and thinks he knows what our FO is thinking...
Not to worry. Mel Kiper and the Gang will have plenty of guys elevated far beyond their usefulness.

WSS
-
Watched 7 of Kiser's games:
Pros: strong arm, hits intermediate routes with zip, athletic, good size
Cons: holds onto the ball too long, has a slow throwing motion, no touch-especially on the deep ball, stares down 1 receiver, seems to trust his legs more than his arm, inconsistent accuracy
Overall, I do NOT see 1st round talent with Kiser. Just what I see. He is a read-option QB and does less with a better o-line than Turbisky. I see a developmental 2nd-4rd round guy who could become a starter with a few years sitting behind a vet QB- maybe Arizona or New Orleans.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login