Skip to content

Camp Trubisky

The Browns Board
548 53 13.4k
  • @the-gipper said:

    And that is almost all of them. But go ahead and fix it.

    It's funny, because I haven't seen one.

    This is the part where you say "well I saw them, but they just have changed it since then."

    Cue Gipper's patented stance on being clearly wrong in 3,2,1....

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's funny, because I haven't seen one.

    This is the part where you say "well I saw them, but they just have changed it since then."

    Cue Gipper's patented stance on being clearly wrong in 3,2,1....

    Do you disagree that the misspelling of his name has been ubiquitous?

    How about your opinion on the player and not the spelling of his name.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's funny, because I haven't seen one.

    This is the part where you say "well I saw them, but they just have changed it since then."

    Cue Gipper's patented stance on being clearly wrong in 3,2,1....

    Gipper, the man who can never admit he's wrong, ladies and gentlemen.

    @gftchris said:

    Gipper, the man who can never admit he's wrong, ladies and gentlemen.

    Sure, I spelled his name wrong. As did many, many others. are you guys really hung up on that?

    And here is a clue: The Bold and the Beautiful Venture where weaker, uglier men fear to tread. I make so many Bold and Beautiful comments on this board that occasionally I may get something wrong. Its just that with the occasional wrong statement come hundreds of more accurate statements than anyone else even attempts.

  • I think some here wouldn't have such a love for the guy if he hadn't said he wanted to be a Brown.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I think some here wouldn't have such a love for the guy if he hadn't said he wanted to be a Brown.

    That might help....though the fact that he is a kid from Mentor helps more.

    When is the last time a superior QB came out of NE Ohio? This area has not been as fertile for QBs as I believe it should be.....as far as I know these are the QBs that came out of NEO high schools....regardless of their ultimate quality.

    Len Dawson Alliance HOF

    Bernie Kosar Boardman

    Elvis Grbac...St. Joe's

    Brian Hoyer St. Ignatius

    Todd Blackledge North Canton

    George Izo Barberton

    Charlie Frye, Willard

    Tom Tupa, Brecksville

    Anyone else? Other positions have had better products come out of here.

  • Draft an unknown qb at #1 overall??? No if this team takes a QB before a lineman they'll be a fucking joke. I am praying absolutely praying Kirk Cousins hits the FA in 2017. Pay the man

    @cdl15 said:

    Draft an unknown qb at #1 overall??? No if this team takes a QB before a lineman they'll be a fucking joke. I am praying absolutely praying Kirk Cousins hits the FA in 2017. Pay the man

    He is more better known that Goff or Wentz were at this time last year.

  • Draft an unknown qb at #1 overall??? No if this team takes a QB before a lineman they'll be a fucking joke. I am praying absolutely praying Kirk Cousins hits the FA in 2017. Pay the man

    @cdl15 said:

    Draft an unknown qb at #1 overall??? No if this team takes a QB before a lineman they'll be a fucking joke. I am praying absolutely praying Kirk Cousins hits the FA in 2017. Pay the man

    Sorta like no one heard of Carson Wentz until say around January this year.

    Beginning to think Kessler is going to fall just short in the talent department.

  • @gftchris said:

    Gipper, the man who can never admit he's wrong, ladies and gentlemen.

    Sure, I spelled his name wrong. As did many, many others. are you guys really hung up on that?

    And here is a clue: The Bold and the Beautiful Venture where weaker, uglier men fear to tread. I make so many Bold and Beautiful comments on this board that occasionally I may get something wrong. Its just that with the occasional wrong statement come hundreds of more accurate statements than anyone else even attempts.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure, I spelled his name wrong. As did many, many others. are you guys really hung up on that?

    And here is a clue: The Bold and the Beautiful Venture where weaker, uglier men fear to tread. I make so many Bold and Beautiful comments on this board that occasionally I may get something wrong. Its just that with the occasional wrong statement come hundreds of more accurate statements than anyone else even attempts.

    Many others did not though. That's his point.

  • @cdl15 said:

    Draft an unknown qb at #1 overall??? No if this team takes a QB before a lineman they'll be a fucking joke. I am praying absolutely praying Kirk Cousins hits the FA in 2017. Pay the man

    Sorta like no one heard of Carson Wentz until say around January this year.

    Beginning to think Kessler is going to fall just short in the talent department.

    @hoorta said:

    Beginning to think Kessler is going to fall just short in the talent department.

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I think some here wouldn't have such a love for the guy if he hadn't said he wanted to be a Brown.

    That might help....though the fact that he is a kid from Mentor helps more.

    When is the last time a superior QB came out of NE Ohio? This area has not been as fertile for QBs as I believe it should be.....as far as I know these are the QBs that came out of NEO high schools....regardless of their ultimate quality.

    Len Dawson Alliance HOF

    Bernie Kosar Boardman

    Elvis Grbac...St. Joe's

    Brian Hoyer St. Ignatius

    Todd Blackledge North Canton

    George Izo Barberton

    Charlie Frye, Willard

    Tom Tupa, Brecksville

    Anyone else? Other positions have had better products come out of here.

    @the-gipper said:

    That might help....though the fact that he is a kid from Mentor helps more.

    When is the last time a superior QB came out of NE Ohio? This area has not been as fertile for QBs as I believe it should be.....as far as I know these are the QBs that came out of NEO high schools....regardless of their ultimate quality.

    Len Dawson Alliance HOF

    Bernie Kosar Boardman

    Elvis Grbac...St. Joe's

    Brian Hoyer St. Ignatius

    Todd Blackledge North Canton

    George Izo Barberton

    Charlie Frye, Willard

    Tom Tupa, Brecksville

    Anyone else? Other positions have had better products come out of here.

    All of the highlighted ones did wear a Browns jersey at some point in their careers.

  • My sister has been telling me about Trubisky. Seems she and her husband know the family. Anyway, he's a first year starter and I haven't seen much of him. He's playing North Carolina State Friday at Noon so I will give it a look.

    He beat Florida State in October throwing 405yds, 3 TDs & no interceptions if that means anything.

    I'm glad someone is starting a QB thread and now is the time! I don't like the guy from Notre Dame and I've seen plenty of him.

    I did read Trubisky didn't rate a first round pick but did Wentz? Goff? Dak Prescott is playing lights out and I think he'll be better than Russell Wilson.

    I will be watching UNC vs NCSU Friday

    God I hope he's good!

    @opal312 said:

    My sister has been telling me about Trubisky. Seems she and her husband know the family. Anyway, he's a first year starter and I haven't seen much of him. He's playing North Carolina State Friday at Noon so I will give it a look.

    He beat Florida State in October throwing 405yds, 3 TDs & no interceptions if that means anything.

    I'm glad someone is starting a QB thread and now is the time! I don't like the guy from Notre Dame and I've seen plenty of him.

    I did read Trubisky didn't rate a first round pick but did Wentz? Goff? Dak Prescott is playing lights out and I think he'll be better than Russell Wilson.

    I will be watching UNC vs NCSU Friday

    God I hope he's good!

    That would be Noon EST, ESPN set your DVRs now..... 🙂

    PS- I'm underwhelmed by Kiser (Notre Dame) and I've seriously cooled on Deshawn Watson.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sure, I spelled his name wrong. As did many, many others. are you guys really hung up on that?

    And here is a clue: The Bold and the Beautiful Venture where weaker, uglier men fear to tread. I make so many Bold and Beautiful comments on this board that occasionally I may get something wrong. Its just that with the occasional wrong statement come hundreds of more accurate statements than anyone else even attempts.

    Many others did not though. That's his point.

    @wargograw said:

    Many others did not though. That's his point.

    Many others did what? Got hung up on a spelling error. Yes, I am beginning to see that many of you are hung up on that.

    Jesus Christ all you Scarecrows. Get some brains.

  • @hoorta said:

    Beginning to think Kessler is going to fall just short in the talent department.

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    @mudfly said:

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    Sipe used to throw some feeble looking passes too. But he didn't hold the ball forever waiting on a sack. For me, it's not the lame ducks. The game's not slowing down for him.....yet. He's not a turnover prone QB either. There is hope for him yet and sitting him is for the best. It should start clicking next tc.
  • @wargograw said:

    Many others did not though. That's his point.

    Many others did what? Got hung up on a spelling error. Yes, I am beginning to see that many of you are hung up on that.

    Jesus Christ all you Scarecrows. Get some brains.

    @the-gipper said:

    Many others did what? Got hung up on a spelling error. Yes, I am beginning to see that many of you are hung up on that.

    Jesus Christ all you Scarecrows. Get some brains.

    We're just making fun of you for not being able to admit you're wrong without a qualification like "lots of people have done it."

  • @hoorta said:

    Beginning to think Kessler is going to fall just short in the talent department.

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    @mudfly said:

    Hoorta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    Ha well he's probably got a better arm than Ken Dorsey. I'll defer to your opinion about Kess. Those deep passes he threw were underthrown ducks. That probably means we don't have the long term answer at qb on the roster. With Cody in the concussion protocol- I'm not averse to putting R Glass III out there for a few games to prove to Hue he made a humongous mistake signing him. MHO is his flaws aren't fixable.

  • @mudfly said:

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    Sipe used to throw some feeble looking passes too. But he didn't hold the ball forever waiting on a sack. For me, it's not the lame ducks. The game's not slowing down for him.....yet. He's not a turnover prone QB either. There is hope for him yet and sitting him is for the best. It should start clicking next tc.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sipe used to throw some feeble looking passes too. But he didn't hold the ball forever waiting on a sack. For me, it's not the lame ducks. The game's not slowing down for him.....yet. He's not a turnover prone QB either. There is hope for him yet and sitting him is for the best. It should start clicking next tc.

    But, lets be honest......Sipe was pretty(very?) average for most of his career, with one big splash year......I know we all love him and all, but he wasnt a great QB....

    And Kessler does not look good....sorry, not seeing it.......

    He holds the ball, throws weak weak passes, has virtually zero pocket awareness, and doesnt see the field well....

    Yes....very few turnovers, which is the only good stat......and half the reason he has no int's and a high completion rate is that he always takes the check down, 3 yard pass.....and never takes the deep pass or tight windows(cause he cant)....

    Its just the truth .....

  • @hoorta said:

    Beginning to think Kessler is going to fall just short in the talent department.

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    @mudfly said:

    Horta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    I don't see any promise of vision at the speed of the NFL game. Let's see what Hogan has.

  • @mudfly said:

    Hoorta...he aint got it......far short, actually....

    Yesterday, McCowns passes looked like laser rockets after watching the feable passes Kess threw in the first half...

    Ha well he's probably got a better arm than Ken Dorsey. I'll defer to your opinion about Kess. Those deep passes he threw were underthrown ducks. That probably means we don't have the long term answer at qb on the roster. With Cody in the concussion protocol- I'm not averse to putting R Glass III out there for a few games to prove to Hue he made a humongous mistake signing him. MHO is his flaws aren't fixable.

    @hoorta said:

    Ha well he's probably got a better arm than Ken Dorsey. I'll defer to your opinion about Kess. Those deep passes he threw were underthrown ducks. That probably means we don't have the long term answer at qb on the roster. With Cody in the concussion protocol- I'm not averse to putting R Glass III out there for a few games to prove to Hue he made a humongous mistake signing him. MHO is his flaws aren't fixable.

    In all fairness, it was a windy day.

    Even Raplesburger threw up a wounded duck or two.

  • Tbh i'm not seeing where kesslers arm is that far underpowered. He doesn't impress me on other levels but arm strength doesn't look to me to be that big of a problem. Maybe he can't heave a 70 yder but honestly i'd rather have a guy with pocket awareness than a huge cannon of an arm. We saw enough of cpt shovel pass didn't we?

  • He has no pocket awareness, the ball floats, not one sharp pass....ever.....have you watched him?....

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sipe used to throw some feeble looking passes too. But he didn't hold the ball forever waiting on a sack. For me, it's not the lame ducks. The game's not slowing down for him.....yet. He's not a turnover prone QB either. There is hope for him yet and sitting him is for the best. It should start clicking next tc.

    But, lets be honest......Sipe was pretty(very?) average for most of his career, with one big splash year......I know we all love him and all, but he wasnt a great QB....

    And Kessler does not look good....sorry, not seeing it.......

    He holds the ball, throws weak weak passes, has virtually zero pocket awareness, and doesnt see the field well....

    Yes....very few turnovers, which is the only good stat......and half the reason he has no int's and a high completion rate is that he always takes the check down, 3 yard pass.....and never takes the deep pass or tight windows(cause he cant)....

    Its just the truth .....

    @mudfly said:

    But, lets be honest......Sipe was pretty(very?) average for most of his career, with one big splash year......I know we all love him and all, but he wasnt a great QB....

    And Kessler does not look good....sorry, not seeing it.......

    He holds the ball, throws weak weak passes, has virtually zero pocket awareness, and doesnt see the field well....

    Yes....very few turnovers, which is the only good stat......and half the reason he has no int's and a high completion rate is that he always takes the check down, 3 yard pass.....and never takes the deep pass or tight windows(cause he cant)....

    Its just the truth .....

    I'm not saying he's the man or will be. We are damn good at picking back up QBs and it looks like another hit. I think he can be useful short term or as number 2 but we still need the franchise guy
  • @the-gipper said:

    Many others did what? Got hung up on a spelling error. Yes, I am beginning to see that many of you are hung up on that.

    Jesus Christ all you Scarecrows. Get some brains.

    We're just making fun of you for not being able to admit you're wrong without a qualification like "lots of people have done it."

    @wargograw said:

    We're just making fun of you for not being able to admit you're wrong without a qualification like "lots of people have done it."

    Be prepared to go down the rabbit hole. This will go on and on until people get so fed up with unrelated points that we just stop talking about it.