Skip to content

Camp Trubisky

The Browns Board
548 53 13.4k
  • @cdl15 said:

    Draft an unknown qb at #1 overall??? No if this team takes a QB before a lineman they'll be a fucking joke. I am praying absolutely praying Kirk Cousins hits the FA in 2017. Pay the man

    He is more better known that Goff or Wentz were at this time last year.

    @the-gipper said:

    He is more better known that Goff or Wentz were at this time last year.

    More better known?

    More better?

    As long as Sushi doesn't goof up and re-draft Robiskie, cool.

    or use our 2nd 1st round pick...

  • I like Cody Kessler, I really do. I think he's a tough kid who has gotten some bad breaks. Both of his concussions were total crap. He got kneed in the head on one, and the other was a personal foul that should've cleared the benches. It hurt my heart when nobody came to his defense. If someone did that to Tom Brady, you can bet your ass that a Tomahawk missile would've been immediately called down by satellite. In addition to the entire team running out to kill the offending player.

    When he had SOME time to throw, I actually thought Cody was the guy. I thought he had enough skill and moxie to lead our team. But you know what? He can't be the QB for our team, and the reason doesn't have anything to do with throwing the football. It has to do with his lack of foot speed and elusiveness. Cody simply isn't a good enough athlete to avoid pressure, and apparently, that's the number one skill a Browns QB needs to have. How many times did Cody barely get hit and go down? How many times did it look like he could've run for a few yards, only to get dragged down? Cody can't outrun anybody, and he's not strong enough to withstand the smallest pressure. Josh McCown obviously didn't set the world on fire, and that turnover was pure awful, but his one TD drive got us back into the game. It was all of the sudden a one score game. Had Haden not acted like a complete ASSHOLE and held Antonio, we'd actually have THE LEAD. Think about that for a moment. Anyways, back to Josh's TD drive. How many plays did he use his strength and agility to buy time? Like...4? In one drive? All plays that Cody couldn't make because he's so slow.

    Mitch isn't "Mr. Athlete", but I have to say....he looks faster than Cody, no matter what their 40 times are. Mitch actually looks to run, and I think he had about 55 yards rushing last game. Obviously that's not a ton, but if he was sacked, those yards would've come off the total, so he probably had more.

    The problem with Mitch is...where the hell do you draft him? Can you use the precious overall #1 pick on him? Do you try and gamble by picking Garrett or Allen first, and then PRAYING Mitch is somehow there with your second 1st rounder, or hope you can trade up? I doubt it. It's VERY early, but the way it looks right now, if Browns want Mitch, they're going to have to take him #1. You can't trade back because you'd be taking the chance that another team would make a play for him. We don't have the luxury of missing out on the QB we want (if reports are true, obviously). One one hand, it would feel simply amazing to get the QB we want, and possibly the QB of our next 12 years, but on the other hand, we'd be losing out on a blue chip pass rusher...something we need as bad as our QB.

    We basically need the first two picks, and that's obviously not happening.

  • I think by the draft that the Browns will be in a position of having to take him at #1 if they want him. QB love reaches full on hysteria by draft time.

  • He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

  • He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

    @d-bone said:

    He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

    Kizer would be the prospect everyone is sweet on then.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He is more better known that Goff or Wentz were at this time last year.

    More better known?

    More better?

    As long as Sushi doesn't goof up and re-draft Robiskie, cool.

    or use our 2nd 1st round pick...

    @mohican said:

    More better known?

    More better?

    As long as Sushi doesn't goof up and re-draft Robiskie, cool.

    or use our 2nd 1st round pick...

    Never heard of More Betta 4 U?

  • He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

    @d-bone said:

    He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

    Don't know if it's totally legal, but if the Browns have the first overall, wink-wink. Declare and we're going to draft you.

  • He has no pocket awareness, the ball floats, not one sharp pass....ever.....have you watched him?....

    @mudfly said:

    He has no pocket awareness, the ball floats, not one sharp pass....ever.....have you watched him?....

    Again....since this IS a post about Tribisky (now I am going to misspell it on purpose).....what we see out of him....at least what I have seen.....are sharp passes every one....except those where some subtle touch is required...and he has been able to do that as well.

  • @mudfly said:

    But, lets be honest......Sipe was pretty(very?) average for most of his career, with one big splash year......I know we all love him and all, but he wasnt a great QB....

    And Kessler does not look good....sorry, not seeing it.......

    He holds the ball, throws weak weak passes, has virtually zero pocket awareness, and doesnt see the field well....

    Yes....very few turnovers, which is the only good stat......and half the reason he has no int's and a high completion rate is that he always takes the check down, 3 yard pass.....and never takes the deep pass or tight windows(cause he cant)....

    Its just the truth .....

    I'm not saying he's the man or will be. We are damn good at picking back up QBs and it looks like another hit. I think he can be useful short term or as number 2 but we still need the franchise guy

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I'm not saying he's the man or will be. We are damn good at picking back up QBs and it looks like another hit. I think he can be useful short term or as number 2 but we still need the franchise guy

    What is the title of this thread?

  • @wargograw said:

    We're just making fun of you for not being able to admit you're wrong without a qualification like "lots of people have done it."

    Be prepared to go down the rabbit hole. This will go on and on until people get so fed up with unrelated points that we just stop talking about it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Be prepared to go down the rabbit hole. This will go on and on until people get so fed up with unrelated points that we just stop talking about it.

    And there you are, the Caterpillar with his hooka.

  • That's a good idea! Play RG3 as soon as he's healthy and get it over with. We can't go into next year's draft and pass on a QB again! Two first rounders should be able to get somebody!

    @opal312 said:

    That's a good idea! Play RG3 as soon as he's healthy and get it over with. We can't go into next year's draft and pass on a QB again! Two first rounders should be able to get somebody!

    What is the title of this thread?

  • Qb is far far from being this teams problem at the moment. Tom Brady would look like hot garbage and Bret Favre would be on IR with this offensive line and talent at playmaker positions.

    You wanna talk about falling over with stiff breeze when your starting RB falls over when a guy siting on the bench even thinks about tackling him. Seriously crowell looks like a video game glitch when running the ball. Hes about the closest thing to two hand touch as u get.

    @cdl15 said:

    Qb is far far from being this teams problem at the moment. Tom Brady would look like hot garbage and Bret Favre would be on IR with this offensive line and talent at playmaker positions.

    You wanna talk about falling over with stiff breeze when your starting RB falls over when a guy siting on the bench even thinks about tackling him. Seriously crowell looks like a video game glitch when running the ball. Hes about the closest thing to two hand touch as u get.

    QB may not be the worst situation we have on this team.....but the fact is that if you earn the #1 overall pick in the draft....that puts you in prime position to take the best QB to come out in the last two years at least.

    IMO, Tribusky is superior talent to Goff/Wentz/Lynch. He is more favorable with Winston and Mari-OTAH. So, even though we need OL/DBs etc. like hell.....you ONLY get your franchise QB by going big...and #1 overall is the biggest way you can do it.

  • Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He is more better known that Goff or Wentz were at this time last year.

    More better known?

    More better?

    As long as Sushi doesn't goof up and re-draft Robiskie, cool.

    or use our 2nd 1st round pick...

    @mohican said:

    More better known?

    More better?

    Both. (people never heard of Wentz...and Goff was being touted as maybe just a 2d/3rd rounder)

    As long as Sushi doesn't goof up and re-draft Robiskie, cool.

    or use our 2nd 1st round pick...

    It will require #1 overall to get him...not a mid 1st round pick. Look who would be drafting behind us: 49ers....maybe don't need...but may want a QB. Bears....would grab him in a heartbeat. Jets...the same. Bills probably would too. Saints would take him as heir apparent to Brees. Chargers the same for Rivers. We would never come close if we waited.

  • He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

    @d-bone said:

    He's a Junior, so unless I missed an announcement, there's no guarantee he will even be a part of the draft.

    Reports are that the Browns really like him. He wants to play for the Browns he has said. If the Browns want him, and he wants the Browns.....and if he would be the #1 overall pick of the draft.....do you really think he would contemplate not coming out?

    Hello! Be a Vulcan and use a little logic.

  • Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    @taco918 said:

    Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    I'm with you

  • Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    @taco918 said:

    Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    Most scouting services have him, RIGHT NOW....as a Top Ten pick....the best QB that could come out in the draft. Even if his experience is limited, his skill is first rate enough to give him that rating.

    Plus, remember, this time last year Goff/Wentz were touted as maybe second rounders, yet they went 1-2 (and imo aren't as good)

    So, even if you think he may currently be overvalued....it will be nothing compared to what happened last year.

  • Here are the current rankings of some scouting services of Trubisky:

    CBS: #1 QB #6 overall

    Walter Football #2 QB (Kizer)

    Bleacher Report: #1 QB #1 overall

    SI: #3 ranked QB

    DraftTek: #1 QB #6 overall

    Kiper: #1 QB #14 overall

    I have seen a couple of services who did not put a single QB in as a first rounder. (That happened this time last year....and look what happened)

  • Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    @taco918 said:

    Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    Unfortunately, that's what we're going to see more and more of.

    Coaches at the NCAA level want to win, not groom their players for the NFL. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan, you're not gonna be nabbing 90% of the best prospects in the nation. Therefore, you have to tailor your offense to hot, nasty, badass speed.

    Gone are the days when we see a four-year starter in a pro-style offense. Luck was probably the last one we'll see....and he's not exactly grabbing the league by the pussy right now.

    Trubisky has transferrable skills - strong arm, quick decision making more often than not, mobile enough to extend plays, relatively careful with the football. And he's doing it against top talent while not exactly having the strongest offensive players on his side. That's where the appeal comes from.

  • @taco918 said:

    Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting this much love here. He's played what? One full year? In a spread offense? In the ACC?

    Sorry for crop dusting the shiny, new camp but I'm having a hard time seeing a first round pick, much less first overall.

    Unfortunately, that's what we're going to see more and more of.

    Coaches at the NCAA level want to win, not groom their players for the NFL. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan, you're not gonna be nabbing 90% of the best prospects in the nation. Therefore, you have to tailor your offense to hot, nasty, badass speed.

    Gone are the days when we see a four-year starter in a pro-style offense. Luck was probably the last one we'll see....and he's not exactly grabbing the league by the pussy right now.

    Trubisky has transferrable skills - strong arm, quick decision making more often than not, mobile enough to extend plays, relatively careful with the football. And he's doing it against top talent while not exactly having the strongest offensive players on his side. That's where the appeal comes from.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Unfortunately, that's what we're going to see more and more of.

    Coaches at the NCAA level want to win, not groom their players for the NFL. Unless you're Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan, you're not gonna be nabbing 90% of the best prospects in the nation. Therefore, you have to tailor your offense to hot, nasty, badass speed.

    Gone are the days when we see a four-year starter in a pro-style offense. Luck was probably the last one we'll see....and he's not exactly grabbing the league by the pussy right now.

    Trubisky has transferrable skills - strong arm, quick decision making more often than not, mobile enough to extend plays, relatively careful with the football. And he's doing it against top talent while not exactly having the strongest offensive players on his side. That's where the appeal comes from.

    Oh, I completely understand how the college game is going, although I would disagree with your view on the four year starter, Luck assessment but that's a different discussion for a different day.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Mitch is straight up trash or anything like that. He very well could be all he's cracked up to be. I'm just hesitant due to the playing time, which I believe there is a statistical correlation to future success, and the lack of disagreement or nitpicking of his skillset. Obviously it's still early and draft season hasn't kicked into full gear so that's to be expected.

    This will probably sound like an irrational issue to have, but I've been reading and posting to this board intermittently for a couple of years now and I can't recall a prospect, much less a QB prospect, that has seemed to have this much support or interest around here. Again, I realize it's still early and the camp's inhabitants will change, but it seems like less than a week ago, most were on board with going with Garrett, Allen or just D in general. I'm sure our recent QB play is a bit of an influence as well but I feel like I'm missing something here.