Skip to content

Camp Trubisky

The Browns Board
548 53 13.4k
  • Can't see either FO going for it.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Can't see either FO going for it.

    well maybe if idiot farmer didn't google draft picks, or flip a coin we wouldn't of ended up with manziel, and we would've gotten who pettine liked, carr or garrapolo, lol

  • @gftchris said:

    Can't see either FO going for it.

    well maybe if idiot farmer didn't google draft picks, or flip a coin we wouldn't of ended up with manziel, and we would've gotten who pettine liked, carr or garrapolo, lol

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    well maybe if idiot farmer didn't google draft picks, or flip a coin we wouldn't of ended up with manziel, and we would've gotten who pettine liked, carr or garrapolo, lol

    Sure but not much we can do about that now. There are so many coulda woulda shouldas from past drafts, particularly in the first round - Danny Shelton is about the only one that's worked out since 2011. Hope Coleman breaks that, and next year's two.

    Hit on the two we have this year will go a long way to making things right.

  • @stillmotion said:

    well maybe if idiot farmer didn't google draft picks, or flip a coin we wouldn't of ended up with manziel, and we would've gotten who pettine liked, carr or garrapolo, lol

    Sure but not much we can do about that now. There are so many coulda woulda shouldas from past drafts, particularly in the first round - Danny Shelton is about the only one that's worked out since 2011. Hope Coleman breaks that, and next year's two.

    Hit on the two we have this year will go a long way to making things right.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Sure but not much we can do about that now. There are so many coulda woulda shouldas from past drafts, particularly in the first round - Danny Shelton is about the only one that's worked out since 2011. Hope Coleman breaks that, and next year's two.

    Hit on the two we have this year will go a long way to making things right.

    if we hit this year i'll be fine.... if we MISS again, i might have a stroke

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    As far as Coleman goes, I'm a little irritated that we don't make it more of a priority to get him the ball. I feel that we force too many balls to Pryor, which I get, but Coleman should get more balls too. What I DON'T know, is whether Coleman is open. I'd need the all 22 angle, and I don't have access to it. Even so, I don't remember us ever running a reverse to Coleman (or Pryor), and I'd like to see some more creativity in getting the ball into his hands. I'd also like a jet sweep. I really hope Coleman finishes strong...that would be huge.

    Right now, there are three guys I would be happy with at #1: Garrett, Trubisky, and Allen. At this time, we don't even know which QB's will even declare for the draft. I believe Trubisky's mother indicated he would give his answer after his bowl game, but I could be mistaken. After all, he's only started one season. I also haven't heard anything about Deshone Kizer (who I don't love anyways). I believe Watson is the only top tier QB that has declared. So what do we do if Mitch doesn't come out? Well, we take the best player in the draft and move on. I'll be the first to admit that Garrett's numbers haven't been eye-popping, and that scares me to some extent, but he also grades out extremely well against the run, so it's not like he's a one-trick pony or anything.

  • @hoorta said:

    Whoever holds the #1 would want a ton to move down that far- like an RG III deal, three firsts and a second.

    The Rams gave up two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds to get Goff.

    ...and the Eagles gave up a bunch for Wentz

    ...and the Colts wouldn't take ANYthing offered for Luck.

    What is that telling us?

    It tells us that teams understand the NEED to have that good QB.

    The QB is 'off the curve' important.

    It's been that way for a loooong time. Otto Graham, Bart Star, Don Meredith, John Unitas, etc, etc. It was ALWAYS teams with good QB's that were consistently winning and vying for championships. (some, of course, didn't have a team around them...shining example, Archie Manning...which is what made Archie such a jerk about where his sons would play)

    And the importance of the QB certainly hasn't diminished in today's pass-happy NFL. (in general, it's harder to run in today's nfl with the defensive players being bigger, faster, better than the one's of the Jim Brown days)

    We still 'appear' to need a QB. But the QB cannot reach his potential without a good OL, receivers that can get open & catch, and a running game that's capable of keeping a defense honest. It's a team game in that sense...but it's all pretty much moot without the QB....which is why teams will pay 'off the curve' to acquire one.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    What is that telling us?

    It tells us that teams understand the NEED to have that good QB...

    ... IF "teams" see a QB they believe IS the one. Then, and only then, is price no object.

    In 2017 it looks for the world like our "price" will be only a single pick. So our "IF's" font size can be a little smaller, but the belief will still have to be strong, ie., unanimous.

    @tiamat63 said:

    In case you don't think a QB can be in play for the #1 overall spot because of a 'weak class', keep in mind this is now an ownership and front office that will have a bit of desperation in trying to re-energize the fanbase, bring back season ticket sales and get a positive off season buzz going.

    Agree it's possible we go QB, but are season sales actually off?

    Single game tix? Sure... Concessions? Sure... And combined they're sizeable revenue, but not season ticket level.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Crushing News to Camp Trubisky..Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson-6'3" 205 with 4.4 40 times, is ACCPOTY & 1st Team Acc QB announced today. 51 TD's. 30 by Air & 21 by Land finishing 2nd in rushing yards(1538)& 3rd in passing yards. Lamar got 36 votes, Watson got 5 & Conner got 3 as past winners of POTY & Dalvin Cook got 3.. It's never to late in Cleveland, To say "Wait till Next Year" but how bout the year after 🥷 #HuegottaBelieveman

    So we're gonna wait another year for a RG III clone? You can take those 21 rushing TDs and stuff 'em up your a$$ in the pros.

    @tiamat63 said:

    In case you don't think a QB can be in play for the #1 overall spot because of a 'weak class', keep in mind this is now an ownership and front office that will have a bit of desperation in trying

    to re-energize the fanbase, bring back season ticket sales and get a positive off season buzz going.

    Nothing does that faster and more effectively than a 1st round QB.

    Does that mean I agree with it? Nope.

    But do not for one minute believe it isn't possible.

    See Rams: Goff. Can I start a new mantra? " Make the switch to Mitch"?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    You can take those 21 rushing TDs and stuff 'em up your a$$ in the pros.

    Ouch

  • Crushing News to Camp Trubisky..Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson-6'3" 205 with 4.4 40 times, is ACCPOTY & 1st Team Acc QB announced today. 51 TD's. 30 by Air & 21 by Land finishing 2nd in rushing yards(1538)& 3rd in passing yards. Lamar got 36 votes, Watson got 5 & Conner got 3 as past winners of POTY & Dalvin Cook got 3.. It's never to late in Cleveland, To say "Wait till Next Year" but how bout the year after 🥷 #HuegottaBelieveman

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Crushing News to Camp Trubisky..Sophomore QB Lamar Jackson-6'3" 205 with 4.4 40 times, is ACCPOTY & 1st Team Acc QB announced today. 51 TD's. 30 by Air & 21 by Land finishing 2nd in rushing yards(1538)& 3rd in passing yards. Lamar got 36 votes, Watson got 5 & Conner got 3 as past winners of POTY & Dalvin Cook got 3.. It's never to late in Cleveland, To say "Wait till Next Year" but how bout the year after 🥷 #HuegottaBelieveman

    Lamar Jackson deserved it. He deserves the Heisman as the best college player.

    And that has fuck all to do with who would make the best NFL QB. A. I am not even sure if Jackson is draft eligible....have to check on that. B. Even if he were, he would not get that high of a rank as an NFL prospect, I don't think. Only slightly better than JT Barrett...who is not highly ranked.

    Note: I don't see where the scouting services list him....so I am skeptical about his eligibility.

  • Also remember that last year was a weak qb class too

    Also bleacher report has Mitch as the top QB of the class aswell with no other QB being a first round QB

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Also remember that last year was a weak qb class too

    Also bleacher report has Mitch as the top QB of the class aswell with no other QB being a first round QB

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-browns-take-mitch-trubisky-at-no-1-titans-bolts-go-wr/

    Projects MT at #1 to Browns.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    If he's a true Sophomore, then he's not eligible.

    NFL's only requirement is that players must be three-years removed from their High School senior year.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Manziel won the Heisman as well...we all know where that got us.

  • As far as Coleman goes, I'm a little irritated that we don't make it more of a priority to get him the ball. I feel that we force too many balls to Pryor, which I get, but Coleman should get more balls too. What I DON'T know, is whether Coleman is open. I'd need the all 22 angle, and I don't have access to it. Even so, I don't remember us ever running a reverse to Coleman (or Pryor), and I'd like to see some more creativity in getting the ball into his hands. I'd also like a jet sweep. I really hope Coleman finishes strong...that would be huge.

    Right now, there are three guys I would be happy with at #1: Garrett, Trubisky, and Allen. At this time, we don't even know which QB's will even declare for the draft. I believe Trubisky's mother indicated he would give his answer after his bowl game, but I could be mistaken. After all, he's only started one season. I also haven't heard anything about Deshone Kizer (who I don't love anyways). I believe Watson is the only top tier QB that has declared. So what do we do if Mitch doesn't come out? Well, we take the best player in the draft and move on. I'll be the first to admit that Garrett's numbers haven't been eye-popping, and that scares me to some extent, but he also grades out extremely well against the run, so it's not like he's a one-trick pony or anything.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    As far as Coleman goes, I'm a little irritated that we don't make it more of a priority to get him the ball. I feel that we force too many balls to Pryor, which I get, but Coleman should get more balls too. What I DON'T know, is whether Coleman is open. I'd need the all 22 angle, and I don't have access to it. Even so, I don't remember us ever running a reverse to Coleman (or Pryor), and I'd like to see some more creativity in getting the ball into his hands. I'd also like a jet sweep. I really hope Coleman finishes strong...that would be huge.

    Right now, there are three guys I would be happy with at #1: Garrett, Trubisky, and Allen. At this time, we don't even know which QB's will even declare for the draft. I believe Trubisky's mother indicated he would give his answer after his bowl game, but I could be mistaken. After all, he's only started one season. I also haven't heard anything about Deshone Kizer (who I don't love anyways). I believe Watson is the only top tier QB that has declared. So what do we do if Mitch doesn't come out? Well, we take the best player in the draft and move on. I'll be the first to admit that Garrett's numbers haven't been eye-popping, and that scares me to some extent, but he also grades out extremely well against the run, so it's not like he's a one-trick pony or anything.

    Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

    I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    As far as Coleman goes, I'm a little irritated that we don't make it more of a priority to get him the ball. I feel that we force too many balls to Pryor, which I get, but Coleman should get more balls too. What I DON'T know, is whether Coleman is open. I'd need the all 22 angle, and I don't have access to it. Even so, I don't remember us ever running a reverse to Coleman (or Pryor), and I'd like to see some more creativity in getting the ball into his hands. I'd also like a jet sweep. I really hope Coleman finishes strong...that would be huge.

    Right now, there are three guys I would be happy with at #1: Garrett, Trubisky, and Allen. At this time, we don't even know which QB's will even declare for the draft. I believe Trubisky's mother indicated he would give his answer after his bowl game, but I could be mistaken. After all, he's only started one season. I also haven't heard anything about Deshone Kizer (who I don't love anyways). I believe Watson is the only top tier QB that has declared. So what do we do if Mitch doesn't come out? Well, we take the best player in the draft and move on. I'll be the first to admit that Garrett's numbers haven't been eye-popping, and that scares me to some extent, but he also grades out extremely well against the run, so it's not like he's a one-trick pony or anything.

    Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

    I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

    I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

    Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley? All three of those guys were talked about as ultimately among the top two or three prospects in the year before they were drafted. Same as a guy like Malik Hooker who's just said he's staying in school (and eating his vitamins, saying no to drugs etc).

    There's more to life than money.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

    I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

    Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley? All three of those guys were talked about as ultimately among the top two or three prospects in the year before they were drafted. Same as a guy like Malik Hooker who's just said he's staying in school (and eating his vitamins, saying no to drugs etc).

    There's more to life than money.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @gftchris said:

    Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley?

    You forgot the obvious one-hit wonder example... Shotgun.

    Matt Leinart stayed in an extra year simply because he loved his USC lifestyle. And as we and the Cards later found out, he continued to love it even after turning pro.

  • @gftchris said:

    Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley?

    You forgot the obvious one-hit wonder example... Shotgun.

    Matt Leinart stayed in an extra year simply because he loved his USC lifestyle. And as we and the Cards later found out, he continued to love it even after turning pro.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    You forgot the obvious one-hit wonder example... Shotgun.

    Matt Leinart stayed in an extra year simply because he loved his USC lifestyle. And as we and the Cards later found out, he continued to love it even after turning pro.

    But Mitch is a sure fire can't miss stud who will turn this franchise around, guaranteed, doesn't matter that he's only played a year of college ball and might want to work on his game a little before being thrown to the NFL wolves behind what, wherever he's drafted, will inevitably not be a great OL.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, why would MT not come out.....he would at least be guaranteed of a Top 5 slot...and the money that goes with it.....and probably would have a better than 50/50 chance to be #1.

    I mean, the fact is, these guys to to play in college to a great extent to go pro. When you are like considered for #1 overall....go pro, get started on that pro career, get Paid.

    Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley? All three of those guys were talked about as ultimately among the top two or three prospects in the year before they were drafted. Same as a guy like Malik Hooker who's just said he's staying in school (and eating his vitamins, saying no to drugs etc).

    There's more to life than money.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Why did Luck not come out when he could? Or Mariota? Or, just as pertinently, Matt Barkley? All three of those guys were talked about as ultimately among the top two or three prospects in the year before they were drafted. Same as a guy like Malik Hooker who's just said he's staying in school (and eating his vitamins, saying no to drugs etc).

    There's more to life than money.

    Sure....but I don't think MT looks at it the same as these guys do.

    Plus...yes, there is that factor of the he wants to play for having the #1 pick. And, if through back channels they express to him that he is high on their list....he goes. You know those back channels exist. Hell, they aren't even necessary. Things have been out in the open.

  • @tour2ma said:

    You forgot the obvious one-hit wonder example... Shotgun.

    Matt Leinart stayed in an extra year simply because he loved his USC lifestyle. And as we and the Cards later found out, he continued to love it even after turning pro.

    But Mitch is a sure fire can't miss stud who will turn this franchise around, guaranteed, doesn't matter that he's only played a year of college ball and might want to work on his game a little before being thrown to the NFL wolves behind what, wherever he's drafted, will inevitably not be a great OL.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    But Mitch is a sure fire can't miss stud who will turn this franchise around, guaranteed, doesn't matter that he's only played a year of college ball

    I know why you didn't print this in pink....because you were not being sarcastic at all...you were being accurate.

    and might want to work on his game a little before being thrown to the NFL wolves behind what, wherever he's drafted, will inevitably not be a great OL.

    The game he will need to work on is the NFL game....not the college game system he is in now.

    I agree that he should not be thrown to the wolves right away. (I also think we have about 3/5th of a good OL...its just that the other 2/5ths bring the whole line down....but that is reparable.) Let him sit for a while and learn some....sure, just like Goff has.

  • @orion said:

    What is that telling us?

    It tells us that teams understand the NEED to have that good QB...

    ... IF "teams" see a QB they believe IS the one. Then, and only then, is price no object.

    In 2017 it looks for the world like our "price" will be only a single pick. So our "IF's" font size can be a little smaller, but the belief will still have to be strong, ie., unanimous.

    @tiamat63 said:

    In case you don't think a QB can be in play for the #1 overall spot because of a 'weak class', keep in mind this is now an ownership and front office that will have a bit of desperation in trying to re-energize the fanbase, bring back season ticket sales and get a positive off season buzz going.

    Agree it's possible we go QB, but are season sales actually off?

    Single game tix? Sure... Concessions? Sure... And combined they're sizeable revenue, but not season ticket level.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    ... IF "teams" see a QB they believe IS the one. Then, and only then, is price no object.

    In 2017 it looks for the world like our "price" will be only a single pick. So our "IF's" font size can be a little smaller, but the belief will still have to be strong, ie., unanimous.

    Agree it's possible we go QB, but are season sales actually off?

    Single game tix? Sure... Concessions? Sure... And combined they're sizeable revenue, but not season ticket level.

    I'd be willing to venture that season ticket renewals for next year are projecting to be very low.

  • @hoorta said:

    See Rams: Goff. Can I start a new mantra? " Make the switch to Mitch"?

    Don't be a bitch, pass on Mitch? That first place carrot is in the form of Myles Garrett?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @gftchris said:

    Don't be a bitch, pass on Mitch? That first place carrot is in the form of Myles Garrett?

    Ha- you're gonna bitch when we draft Mitch. 🙂 It's early, a lot can happen in 5 months. Trubiski doesn't have to declare- but if he's slotted top 5, why not? There's always the chance of serious injury in that extra year that can drop your draft stock like a lead balloon. IIRC the deadline to declare for the draft is mid January. The draft order will be set (except for the playoff teams). Now if the Browns have the #1 overall and tell Mitch "you're our guy". It will get interesting.

    @tour2ma said:

    ... IF "teams" see a QB they believe IS the one. Then, and only then, is price no object.

    In 2017 it looks for the world like our "price" will be only a single pick. So our "IF's" font size can be a little smaller, but the belief will still have to be strong, ie., unanimous.

    Agree it's possible we go QB, but are season sales actually off?

    Single game tix? Sure... Concessions? Sure... And combined they're sizeable revenue, but not season ticket level.

    I would doubt there's going to be much happening on NEW season ticket sales. I seriously doubt long time season ticket holders with PSLs (that would be me) are going to dump their seats, even in the light of this nightmare season. I've mentioned a couple of times to buy back into my section when the Browns start playing well (and they will eventually) would cost me around $20,000. You're literally married to those seats. We've put in for seat improvement 5 years running to get in between the 30s- and nothing's happened. NOBODY in those sections will give up those seats- and a fair portion of them are corporate. Back in 1996 when PSLs were first offered, you needed 30 years worth of seniority to have a shot at those sections. So now that's around 48 years worth- yeah, the rights to those seats get handed down in wills.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'd be willing to venture that season ticket renewals for next year are projecting to be very low.

    See above. If you have lousy seats, didn't have to buy a PSL (they were done away with a few years ago) and are disgusted with the product, no reason you can't flip the Browns the bird and say "see ya later".

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    All true, h, but fans are fans and aren't ones with "cheap" season tix at the front of the line for the premium seats if and when they become availvable?

  • All true, h, but fans are fans and aren't ones with "cheap" season tix at the front of the line for the premium seats if and when they become availvable?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    All true, h, but fans are fans and aren't ones with "cheap" season tix at the front of the line for the premium seats if and when they become availvable?

    They'll be in the front of the line for the worst of the best if you get my drift. They can't just move into any season ticket seat that becomes available. For those of us who still have our PSL seniority, here's how it works. We would get improvement in our section (111) first, to say move up from row nine to row 23 (last row of the lower deck, it's under cover, and you can knock on the floor of the luxury boxes right above you). THEN, if available we would get bumped to section 110, closer to the 50. There would be a revolt if a guy who only had season tickets for a couple of years got parked on the 40 yard line lower deck.