Skip to content

But that dallas o line....

The Browns Board
21 12 728
  • Carr has been sacked less than Prescott, fwiw. Prescott who is supposed to be the mobile one of the two and has the league's leading rushers. Both O-lines are clearly dominant but for some reason Oakland's doesn't get any attention around here. Maybe if they'd drafted Elliott...

  • Carr is already one of the top quarterbacks in the league and all the rumours were he was Farmers number one til Jimmy got involved....

  • He does look pretty solid. He was drafted around #35, something like that, I think, so in another draft could have been a first rounder (or obviously lower). In a re-draft he's certainly near the top, and probably the Jags swap him for Bortles if nothing else.

    God damn Johnny Manziel pick just perpetuating the losing.

  • I mean wtf those are some of the largest men ive ever seen on a football field

    @clevfan4life said:

    I mean wtf those are some of the largest men ive ever seen on a football field

    I'm not surprised size matters to you Cleve, but what struck me is how good the Dallas O line is, not how big.

    There are 8 teams with larger O lines than Dallas, one of which you saw beat the browns the week before Dallas did. They were also among the tallest.

    Cleve will again get to salivate over watching large men bent over when San Diego comes to town...virtual tie with the Raiders for the biggest O line...average 327lbs.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/16/11675520/nfl-offensive-line-sizes-ranking-chargers-raiders

  • Watching LSU's center Pocic gash holes in the middle of the A&M defense all game long has convinced me he has to be a priority early 2nd round or even the second 1st rounder. He makes Erving look like the marshmellow man. Lines win football.

    And next year (2018) if the QB isn't there, Derrius Guice RB LSU is the second coming of Elliott. Quick, elusive, explosive and makes people miss badly. Like Elliott, arm tackles are useless and first good tacklers get drug several more yards until help comes. I think he is better than Fornette who is more of a fast power back.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    My comment was less a comparison to our O line and more of a shot at a poster who is not with us anymore who was famous for belittling good offensive line play. My point about the Dallas line is just a standalone statement that they're huge and can move.

    Ahhhh I get it.

    Fuck Ghoolie.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Ahhhh I get it. Fuck Ghoolie.

    Anyone here not think of the Ghoulster when they saw the Geico ad with the ice skating sumo?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Neither are our linemen. We have the second quickest offensive line behind Philadelphia, if I'm not mistaken.

    Doesn't mean anything.

    Second quickest to let DL through maybe. 😎

    @texasag1969 said:

    Second quickest to let DL through maybe. 😎

    Second? I think in this area the Browns at least lead the league in something....though the Colts OL isn't much better.

  • Carr is already one of the top quarterbacks in the league and all the rumours were he was Farmers number one til Jimmy got involved....

    @londonbrown said:

    Carr is already one of the top quarterbacks in the league and all the rumours were he was Farmers number one til Jimmy got involved....

    Bad ownership can kill a team worse/quicker than anything else. Truth is, in their history the Browns have had one good owner. Modell may have been OK for about half his time.....but he lost it and got outgrown by the NFL about in the mid 80s when finances of the NFL went exponential.

  • I mean wtf those are some of the largest men ive ever seen on a football field

    @clevfan4life said:

    I mean wtf those are some of the largest men ive ever seen on a football field

    Size wise we looked like a college DIII team when we played Dallas, that stood out like a sore thumb. Collins is the only guy size wise that compares. Until we get big athletic bodies we won't compete.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I mean wtf those are some of the largest men ive ever seen on a football field

    I'm not surprised size matters to you Cleve, but what struck me is how good the Dallas O line is, not how big.

    There are 8 teams with larger O lines than Dallas, one of which you saw beat the browns the week before Dallas did. They were also among the tallest.

    Cleve will again get to salivate over watching large men bent over when San Diego comes to town...virtual tie with the Raiders for the biggest O line...average 327lbs.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/16/11675520/nfl-offensive-line-sizes-ranking-chargers-raiders

    @stinkhole said:

    I'm not surprised size matters to you Cleve, but what struck me is how good the Dallas O line is, not how big.

    There are 8 teams with larger O lines than Dallas, one of which you saw beat the browns the week before Dallas did. They were also among the tallest.

    Cleve will again get to salivate over watching large men bent over when San Diego comes to town...virtual tie with the Raiders for the biggest O line...average 327lbs.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/16/11675520/nfl-offensive-line-sizes-ranking-chargers-raiders

    I see that you are the one that concentrates on men's butts.

    I think you should probably be a proponent of the Steeler's picking that Tight end with a tight end Jake Butt in the first round next year.

    (which, by the way, would really not be a bad pick at all)

  • Carr has been sacked less than Prescott, fwiw. Prescott who is supposed to be the mobile one of the two and has the league's leading rushers. Both O-lines are clearly dominant but for some reason Oakland's doesn't get any attention around here. Maybe if they'd drafted Elliott...

    @gftchris said:

    Carr has been sacked less than Prescott, fwiw. Prescott who is supposed to be the mobile one of the two and has the league's leading rushers. Both O-lines are clearly dominant but for some reason Oakland's doesn't get any attention around here. Maybe if they'd drafted Elliott...

    uhhh i mentioned oaklands O line, couple weeks ago when joey big bear bababosa dropped two sacks on em and had a couple perfect solo TFL's.