Skip to content

Could Hue be one and done?

The Browns Board
152 39 5.5k
  • @canton-dawg said:

    Or "the sixth sheik's sixth sheep is sick".

    lmao... even mentally I was fucking that one up...

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    lmao... even mentally I was fucking that one up...

    Ahahahahaha no shit. As i read ur post i was trying half whisper that one out and it was impossible

  • don't know what clubhouse shitter you've ever been in, but ask the attendant who wipes your hands and gives you cologne on the way out as you drop a 20 on 'em.

    that guy matters. just like the alumn for crimson tide matters etc.

    they pay the bucks and if they no likey, they no payey, hence uncheck the franchise making money box.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    don't know what clubhouse shitter you've ever been in, but ask the attendant who wipes your hands and gives you cologne on the way out as you drop a 20 on 'em.

    that guy matters. just like the alumn for crimson tide matters etc.

    they pay the bucks and if they no likey, they no payey, hence uncheck the franchise making money box.

    You're hilarious if you think we actually have any power here. Jacksonville hasn't filled a stadium in years...they're still around. Carolina is a ghost town right now, as they are whenever they aren't in the hunt for a Super Bowl. San Diego and Oakland have been in their respective cities for how long despite turning in awful attendance figures?

    We'd have to go 0-16 for five years straight before Browns attendance hits the level of Jacksonville attendance.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    no power........until jimmah feels he's not making the money he should be, that's all. that's when one can decide to 'shitcan' an idea real quick. like this regime and the analytics experiment. not saying he should or i want him to just saying he's not the most patient guy in the world no matter what he's says into a microphone.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    He's a businessman right? He's investing. He's funded fast failures.

    He's now investing in a plan... and he's not losing money.

    If he should start losing money, we'll know. How?

    A ticket rebate program will be announced... 🥷

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    There is a scenario that does have Hue one and done. 1st thing first, it's not my idea or something I endorse.

    Hue was hired as Cincy OC with the thought that he would be an assistant HC that is being groomed for the HC job when Marv steps down or gets axed. And there is plenty of speculation out there too.

    Ok, so if starvin Marvin gets canned next week, Mike Brown may make a push to get our HC. It would require compensation to the Browns but it's possible it may happen....Or at least the effort by the Bungholes to get Hue to leave.

    And before anyone says that it can't happen, remember, that's the same way BB ended up in Boston.

    I hope it doesn't happen. But I worry it may.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    Not a chance. Bengals arent firing marvin either

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    Firing Marvin would be stupid.

    Trading for a coach to replace him even more stupid.

    In the division, yet.

    Zombo

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    I've read this happening twice now. And it was speculation. My main concern would be more about their (Hue &Marv) friendship. As far as being stupid....Yep, but since when has Mike Brown been accused of having brains?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    Ya, I am reading reports now speculating he will be retiring.

    Still don't see them going after Hue though. Lot's of guys out there, and I think Hue is committed to seeing this through,

    Zombo

  • Ya, I am reading reports now speculating he will be retiring.

    Still don't see them going after Hue though. Lot's of guys out there, and I think Hue is committed to seeing this through,

    Zombo

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Ya, I am reading reports now speculating he will be retiring.

    Still don't see them going after Hue though. Lot's of guys out there, and I think Hue is committed to seeing this through,

    Zombo

    USA today and Fox have him getting fired. PFT sez he stays. I see him coming to Cleveland to work with Hue as more likely than the other way around. I find it hard to grasp that M Brown would make some earth shaking big money offer to anyone.

  • Zombo said:

    Ya, I am reading reports now speculating he will be retiring.

    Still don't see them going after Hue though. Lot's of guys out there, and I think Hue is committed to seeing this through,

    Zombo

    USA today and Fox have him getting fired. PFT sez he stays. I see him coming to Cleveland to work with Hue as more likely than the other way around. I find it hard to grasp that M Brown would make some earth shaking big money offer to anyone.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    USA today and Fox have him getting fired. PFT sez he stays. I see him coming to Cleveland to work with Hue as more likely than the other way around. I find it hard to grasp that M Brown would make some earth shaking big money offer to anyone.

    I will take him as DC.

    Although Horton's group has improved as the year went on, and real fair to judge him on the talent he had this year.

    Zombo

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    USA today and Fox have him getting fired. PFT sez he stays. I see him coming to Cleveland to work with Hue as more likely than the other way around. I find it hard to grasp that M Brown would make some earth shaking big money offer to anyone.

    I will take him as DC.

    Although Horton's group has improved as the year went on, and real fair to judge him on the talent he had this year.

    Zombo

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    I will take him as DC.

    Although Horton's group has improved as the year went on, and real fair to judge him on the talent he had this year.

    Zombo

    I'm not into our HC going anywhere but trading Horton for Marvin works for me
  • There is a scenario that does have Hue one and done. 1st thing first, it's not my idea or something I endorse.

    Hue was hired as Cincy OC with the thought that he would be an assistant HC that is being groomed for the HC job when Marv steps down or gets axed. And there is plenty of speculation out there too.

    Ok, so if starvin Marvin gets canned next week, Mike Brown may make a push to get our HC. It would require compensation to the Browns but it's possible it may happen....Or at least the effort by the Bungholes to get Hue to leave.

    And before anyone says that it can't happen, remember, that's the same way BB ended up in Boston.

    I hope it doesn't happen. But I worry it may.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    There is a scenario that does have Hue one and done. 1st thing first, it's not my idea or something I endorse.

    Hue was hired as Cincy OC with the thought that he would be an assistant HC that is being groomed for the HC job when Marv steps down or gets axed.

    Im not seeing this.....you do understand that Hue was hired by Cinn and made their Asst DB coach??....then Asst ST coach.....then he was interviewed by another team to be OC(and the Bungles allowed it)(but he didnt get the offer)....then they "promoted" him to RB coach......and THEN, only after J Gruden left, did they move him to OC....

    So......I wouldnt say he was hired to be OC......not by a long shot.....

    And at least one team(Carolina) didnt see enough to even offer him OC......

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    There is a scenario that does have Hue one and done. 1st thing first, it's not my idea or something I endorse.

    Hue was hired as Cincy OC with the thought that he would be an assistant HC that is being groomed for the HC job when Marv steps down or gets axed.

    Im not seeing this.....you do understand that Hue was hired by Cinn and made their Asst DB coach??....then Asst ST coach.....then he was interviewed by another team to be OC(and the Bungles allowed it)(but he didnt get the offer)....then they "promoted" him to RB coach......and THEN, only after J Gruden left, did they move him to OC....

    So......I wouldnt say he was hired to be OC......not by a long shot.....

    And at least one team(Carolina) didnt see enough to even offer him OC......

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Im not seeing this.....you do understand that Hue was hired by Cinn and made their Asst DB coach??....then Asst ST coach.....then he was interviewed by another team to be OC(and the Bungles allowed it)(but he didnt get the offer)....then they "promoted" him to RB coach......and THEN, only after J Gruden left, did they move him to OC....

    So......I wouldnt say he was hired to be OC......not by a long shot.....

    And at least one team(Carolina) didnt see enough to even offer him OC......

    I doubt Hue goes anywhere. But Marv was grooming him to take over the bungies in 2018. And there was an article or 2 written saying that Brown may try to buy him back.

    More likely, Marv gets axed. Hue asks Marv to come work with him. They are tight. Brown paying big bucks for a HC is like politics becoming honest.

  • Not a chance. Bengals arent firing marvin either

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    Not a chance. Bengals arent firing marvin either

    Though the latest is Marv retiring, in lieu of getting canned.

    My SW Ohio take. There is no way in hell Mike Brown will offer compensation to the Browns for Hue. He'll just promote Zampese or Guenther to HC.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Not a chance. Bengals arent firing marvin either

    Though the latest is Marv retiring, in lieu of getting canned.

    My SW Ohio take. There is no way in hell Mike Brown will offer compensation to the Browns for Hue. He'll just promote Zampese or Guenther to HC.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Though the latest is Marv retiring, in lieu of getting canned.

    My SW Ohio take. There is no way in hell Mike Brown will offer compensation to the Browns for Hue. He'll just promote Zampese or Guenther to HC.

    Is that Ernie Zampese your talking about?.. I always liked his offenses.. I thought he retired...

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Fwiw, USA Today and Fox sports have ole Marv unemployed this time next week. They figure he gets canned.

  • Fwiw, USA Today and Fox sports have ole Marv unemployed this time next week. They figure he gets canned.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Fwiw, USA Today and Fox sports have ole Marv unemployed this time next week. They figure he gets canned.

    Levy?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Lewis

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    As long as Marvin was making the playoffs, Mike Brown was not going to replace him... even if he kept bowing out early. But the playoff string has been broken. Funny thing is by holding onto Marv, Mike has let three top HC candidates slip away.

    As for Marv as DC... not feeling that. Pretty clear that what we've seen in Cinci in recent years has been Zimmer's D.