Skip to content

Haslam Pledges to "Stay the Course" in Recent Full Staff Meeting

The Browns Board
63 23 2.6k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #1

    La Canfora article... so it must be true...

    And includes Jason's obligatory number of shots at the organization...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-owner-pledges-to-stay-the-course-at-recent-full-staff-meeting/

    On a serious note... How could it be any other way?

  • La Canfora article... so it must be true...

    And includes Jason's obligatory number of shots at the organization...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-owner-pledges-to-stay-the-course-at-recent-full-staff-meeting/

    On a serious note... How could it be any other way?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @tour2ma said:

    On a serious note... How could it be any other way?

    Right.....and, hopefully, this will stop the call for Hues head.....Glad Jimmy said something.....

    Buttttttt....no reason one cant tweak an organization.....which is what any quality org has to do to improve....

    How often can you hire an entire coaching staff and scouting staff and front office...(30 some people +, yes?) and hit on every one...??

    No reason a coach or 2 cant get upgraded....or a quality add cant be made to the Fo.....

    I will add(cause I have to) that last paragraph sounds like me.....😉

    Numerous executives from other clubs have Mud has pointed out how little the Browns are getting thus far from their 2016 draft, how little Haslam has spent on his product (the Browns have by far the lowest payroll in the NFL) and the questionable decisions made to release or allow key players to sign elsewhere as being cause for concern about the current path the team is on

  • E ElkDawg wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I didn't realize folks are calling for Hue's to be fired already. I didn't expect anything this year but next year better be different or I'll be calling for his head

  • I didn't realize folks are calling for Hue's to be fired already. I didn't expect anything this year but next year better be different or I'll be calling for his head

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #4

    @elkdawg said:

    I didn't realize folks are calling for Hue's to be fired already. I didn't expect anything this year but next year better be different or I'll be calling for his head

    You must be new here... 😉

    @mudfly said:

    Buttttttt....no reason one cant tweak an organization.....which is what any quality org has to do to improve....

    Absolutely... both personnel and org chart tweaks could be in the cards. But more the former than the latter I'd think. Too many changes, even small ones, obscure the impact they have.

    Position coaches are most obvious to us. Far less so individual scouts who took wrong positions on multiple players by over and under rating them thus contributing to our drafting disappointments or passing over overachievers. I'm sure someone was keeping score.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Haslam Pledges to "Stay the Course" ........................... So did the Captain of the Titanic.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #6

    haslam knows shit about football and hires the greatest minds in.........wait.......i know...........analytics. hee hee hee!

    i wish kosar hadn't spent all his money on booze. maybe he could've organized a group of wealthy KNOWLEDGEABLE football guys to buy this crumbling org and save it from the depths of the icy lake erie.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Next year well go at least 1-15.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    That rotter MKC wrote an article in the week basically saying Sashi is a lawyer and knows nothing about football. I do think fans underestimate sometimes just how ridicuous the pressure from local media is.

  • @elkdawg said:

    I didn't realize folks are calling for Hue's to be fired already. I didn't expect anything this year but next year better be different or I'll be calling for his head

    You must be new here... 😉

    @mudfly said:

    Buttttttt....no reason one cant tweak an organization.....which is what any quality org has to do to improve....

    Absolutely... both personnel and org chart tweaks could be in the cards. But more the former than the latter I'd think. Too many changes, even small ones, obscure the impact they have.

    Position coaches are most obvious to us. Far less so individual scouts who took wrong positions on multiple players by over and under rating them thus contributing to our drafting disappointments or passing over overachievers. I'm sure someone was keeping score.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tour2ma said:

    Absolutely... both personnel and org chart tweaks could be in the cards. But more the former than the latter I'd think. Too many changes, even small ones, obscure the impact they have.

    Position coaches are most obvious to us. Far less so individual scouts who took wrong positions on multiple players by over and under rating them thus contributing to our drafting disappointments or passing over overachievers. I'm sure someone was keeping score.

    Most of those scouts were released before the draft.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #10

    MKC was on 92.3 the Fan this past week, and she was suggesting that Haslam should hire a GM.

    That created quite an uproar with the fans calling into the radio station.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Absolutely... both personnel and org chart tweaks could be in the cards. But more the former than the latter I'd think. Too many changes, even small ones, obscure the impact they have.

    Position coaches are most obvious to us. Far less so individual scouts who took wrong positions on multiple players by over and under rating them thus contributing to our drafting disappointments or passing over overachievers. I'm sure someone was keeping score.

    Most of those scouts were released before the draft.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hoorta said:

    Most of those scouts were released before the draft.

    Not unless we have a crystal ball.... which we clearly do not.

    I'm talking about the 2016 draft and the feedback loop to this FO, h.

  • MKC was on 92.3 the Fan this past week, and she was suggesting that Haslam should hire a GM.

    That created quite an uproar with the fans calling into the radio station.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @canton-dawg said:

    MKC was on 92.3 the Fan this past week, and she was suggesting that Haslam should hire a GM.

    That created quite an uproar with the fans calling into the radio station.

    Her and Grossi are poison and have been since changes were made and they were clearly no longer beind fed inside info. They dont care about the Browns at all just their own career.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    If the Browns start 0 and 5 next season.. I want them all fired.. Fuck this losing shit...

  • If the Browns start 0 and 5 next season.. I want them all fired.. Fuck this losing shit...

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nickers said:

    If the Browns start 0 and 5 next season.. I want them all fired.. Fuck this losing shit...

    Because firing people has made the Browns win?

  • @nickers said:

    If the Browns start 0 and 5 next season.. I want them all fired.. Fuck this losing shit...

    Because firing people has made the Browns win?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #15

    @londonbrown said:

    Because firing people has made the Browns win?

    No BUT as in any biz you have to have keyframes on a timeline where u expect certain goals to be met. Let's say they all knew this was a tank season, you will still expect that certain goals haven't been met but wash it away cuz it's a tank. Now when next year comes along and this is going on does someone in power start the grumbling if it's starting to look like a repeat with bad draft choices and no winning product? I'm not saying 5 games.... i say give them the year BUT (once again) if there is no improvement anywhere then adios amigos.

    How long will we have tolerated the Holmgren experiment?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #16
    Numerous executives from other clubs have pointed out how little the Browns are getting thus far from their 2016 draft, how little Haslam has spent on his product (the Browns have by far the lowest payroll in the NFL) and the questionable decisions made to release or allow key players to sign elsewhere as being cause for concern about the current path the team is on.

    This is certainly a view of us from 'outside' our bubble of fandome.

    ...and, of course, from some within the bubble.

  • @nickers said:

    If the Browns start 0 and 5 next season.. I want them all fired.. Fuck this losing shit...

    Because firing people has made the Browns win?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @londonbrown said:

    Because firing people has made the Browns win?

    And keeping dumb fucks has?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    That whole "stay the course" was taken completely out of context. He actually said, "Bend over, grab your socks and stay the intercourse!" 😛

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    2013 was Joe Banner with 5 picks,which Mingo & Ant. Bryant are gone in 16. Farmer had 6 picks in 2014, remaining is Bitonio & Kirksey. Farmer had 12 picks in 2015. remaining Shelton,Erving,Duke,Orchard,X.Cooper,I.Campell & Telfer....Maybe 2.5 real NFL starters. out of 23 picks..No Anna & Lynics needed here..With 26? picks in next 2 Drafts..This group better have a better plan than last Draft..LIKE not passing on TALENT & Go Up & Get Some..

  • 2013 was Joe Banner with 5 picks,which Mingo & Ant. Bryant are gone in 16. Farmer had 6 picks in 2014, remaining is Bitonio & Kirksey. Farmer had 12 picks in 2015. remaining Shelton,Erving,Duke,Orchard,X.Cooper,I.Campell & Telfer....Maybe 2.5 real NFL starters. out of 23 picks..No Anna & Lynics needed here..With 26? picks in next 2 Drafts..This group better have a better plan than last Draft..LIKE not passing on TALENT & Go Up & Get Some..

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @gumby73 said:

    2013 was Joe Banner with 5 picks,which Mingo & Ant. Bryant are gone in 16. Farmer had 6 picks in 2014, remaining is Bitonio & Kirksey. Farmer had 12 picks in 2015. remaining Shelton,Erving,Duke,Orchard,X.Cooper,I.Campell & Telfer....Maybe 2.5 real NFL starters. out of 23 picks..No Anna & Lynics needed here..With 26? picks in next 2 Drafts..This group better have a better plan than last Draft..LIKE not passing on TALENT & Go Up & Get Some..

    Totally agree!