Skip to content

Danny Shelton has his mind right - one of the most brilliant NT's getting a rep

The Browns Board
24 13 656
  • http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Danny-Shelton-got-his-mind-right-now-one-of-the-leagues-best/1923b64d-2020-4123-a081-f69556bea566

    This is a great reason to decide to be upbeat about this team. We've never had a giant

    NT that is getting to be very highly respected around the league. I was watching Tailgate 19,

    and Bernie Kosar was mentioning, after a grounds crew guy was running past the tunnel

    when a team came out, and got plastered... that at the Jets Browns Alumni whatever,

    he almost had the same thing happen to him at halftime - by Danny Shelton.

    One...of...the....league's ...best.

  • Seems like only yesterday when this 12th pick was labelled a bust... wait... it was yesterday... in forum years. Not to mention the pundits that said we reached, over-drafted, etc., etc.

    Speaks to not only the player, but at least one position coach on our staff.

    Lavalava stock is rising...

  • He'll impress me more when he's not a part of the league's worst defense. It is nice to see him improving though......... I guess it really can be done on this team.

    Who knew?

  • He'll impress me more when he's not a part of the league's worst defense. It is nice to see him improving though......... I guess it really can be done on this team.

    Who knew?

    @d-bone said:

    Who knew?

    Farmer? 🥷

  • If he continues the physical metamorphosis again this off-season, he should be special next year.

  • @d-bone said:

    Who knew?

    Farmer? 🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    Farmer? 🥷

    Even a blind squirrel - as they say

  • Danny has only re-affirmed the faith I had in him when I said I wanted the big guy as our first pick.

    Can't stop the run and you can't play defense.

  • Didn't ghouls call him a worthless fatass?

  • Seems like only yesterday when this 12th pick was labelled a bust... wait... it was yesterday... in forum years. Not to mention the pundits that said we reached, over-drafted, etc., etc.

    Speaks to not only the player, but at least one position coach on our staff.

    Lavalava stock is rising...

    @tour2ma said:

    Seems like only yesterday when this 12th pick was labelled a bust... wait... it was yesterday... in forum years. Not to mention the pundits that said we reached, over-drafted, etc., etc.

    Speaks to not only the player, but at least one position coach on our staff.

    Lavalava stock is rising...

    ....I'll be sportin' my Lavalava next Sunday vs the Bungals.

    Never a doubt in my mind Danny would do well.

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    Farmer? 🥷

    Even a blind squirrel - as they say

    @d-bone said:

    Even a blind squirrel - as they say

    Except in Texas where it's "blind hog"...

    @canton-mike said:

    ....I'll be sporhttp://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45034&do=findComment&comment=660214tin' my Lavalava next Sunday vs the Bungals.

    Never a doubt in my mind Danny would do well.

    As a former wearer of "Plus Fours", AKA "knickers", for golf tourneys...

    As much as I admire your adventurous fashion flare... I have to deduct points for wearing it over pants... at least in Summer.

    Winter? Less points deducted...

  • Would like to see more tackles but making progress.

  • @d-bone said:

    Even a blind squirrel - as they say

    Except in Texas where it's "blind hog"...

    @canton-mike said:

    ....I'll be sporhttp://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45034&do=findComment&comment=660214tin' my Lavalava next Sunday vs the Bungals.

    Never a doubt in my mind Danny would do well.

    As a former wearer of "Plus Fours", AKA "knickers", for golf tourneys...

    As much as I admire your adventurous fashion flare... I have to deduct points for wearing it over pants... at least in Summer.

    Winter? Less points deducted...

    @tour2ma said:

    Except in Texas where it's "blind hog"...

    As a former wearer of "Plus Fours", AKA "knickers", for golf tourneys...

    As much as I admire your adventurous fashion flare... I have to deduct points for wearing it over pants... at least in Summer.

    Winter? Less points deducted...

    But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! 😉

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    Except in Texas where it's "blind hog"...

    As a former wearer of "Plus Fours", AKA "knickers", for golf tourneys...

    As much as I admire your adventurous fashion flare... I have to deduct points for wearing it over pants... at least in Summer.

    Winter? Less points deducted...

    But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! 😉

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! 😉

    lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

    Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

  • Would like to see more tackles but making progress.

    @baconhound said:

    Would like to see more tackles but making progress.

    If ur an opposing oc rigjt now you're either running way off away from him or ur running a trap right at him in the gamble that the lb'ets dont fill the right gap, which in prior years is exactly what happened...its gotten better this year with demario here.

    You have to judge a position like sheltons at how disruptive he is. Even the worst offense in football can negate one good player. Defense is a team effort, if they're attacking one playerbthe others have to make the plays that are given to them or the gamble works. How many times did we see kruger either completely cut loose or guarded by some bench riding TE? And he still wasnt making many plays, thats been the problem here for years now.

  • @canton-mike said:

    But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! 😉

    lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

    Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

    Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

    I believe that would be a special order item from "Angus MacBrown's Custom Lavalavas & All Things Samoan". Sorry, couldn't find a link.

    Mike

  • I want one for Christmas.

  • It's nice to see a player develop on this team. Kirksey as well.

  • @baconhound said:

    Would like to see more tackles but making progress.

    If ur an opposing oc rigjt now you're either running way off away from him or ur running a trap right at him in the gamble that the lb'ets dont fill the right gap, which in prior years is exactly what happened...its gotten better this year with demario here.

    You have to judge a position like sheltons at how disruptive he is. Even the worst offense in football can negate one good player. Defense is a team effort, if they're attacking one playerbthe others have to make the plays that are given to them or the gamble works. How many times did we see kruger either completely cut loose or guarded by some bench riding TE? And he still wasnt making many plays, thats been the problem here for years now.

    @clevfan4life said:

    If ur an opposing oc rigjt now you're either running way off away from him or ur running a trap right at him in the gamble that the lb'ets dont fill the right gap, which in prior years is exactly what happened...its gotten better this year with demario here.

    You have to judge a position like sheltons at how disruptive he is. Even the worst offense in football can negate one good player. Defense is a team effort, if they're attacking one playerbthe others have to make the plays that are given to them or the gamble works. How many times did we see kruger either completely cut loose or guarded by some bench riding TE? And he still wasnt making many plays, thats been the problem here for years now.

    Needless to say, the same problem exists on our o-line. There's one huge mistake- guess who? and a couple other smaller ones. Teams aren't even bothering challenging Joe Thomas- they don't have to.

  • @canton-mike said:

    But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! 😉

    lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

    Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

    Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

    I think that's called a kilt, no?