Skip to content

Kirk Cousins

The Browns Board
14 11 434
  • Skins will keep him

    Z

  • Who cares!.. We always pass on good QB's anyway...

  • Are the Skins going to pay him or should we do so and use the rest of our picks on bulding through the draft as planned. Developing QB's isn't exactly our biggest asset...

    @londonbrown said:

    Are the Skins going to pay him or should we do so and use the rest of our picks on bulding through the draft as planned. Developing QB's isn't exactly our biggest asset...

    He would jump at the chance to have his career shortened.

  • Are the Skins going to pay him or should we do so and use the rest of our picks on bulding through the draft as planned. Developing QB's isn't exactly our biggest asset...

    @londonbrown said:

    Are the Skins going to pay him or should we do so and use the rest of our picks on bulding through the draft as planned. Developing QB's isn't exactly our biggest asset...

    He's good enough that the Redskins will pay him. Har- no way he'll sign with the Browns as a FA.

  • Guess I'm wondering day they haven't paid him already ?

  • If he tries to use the Browns for leverage, the Wash FO will just laugh and play with the phone, "Hello? Red Cross? We got a live one here." 😛

  • Guess I'm wondering day they haven't paid him already ?

    @londonbrown said:

    Guess I'm wondering day they haven't paid him already ?

    They didn't pay him last year because he only had one 'good' season in the NFL, so they tagged him. After the season they'll see how they've done and go from there.

  • Break the bank signing up then we can have another quarterback controversy between him and RG3. It was so much fun in Washington it should be great here.

    It would be a great story for Hue to tell the other assistant coaches in two years when he's offensive coordinator somewhere else.

    😁

    WSS

  • In trying to recapture the RG3 2012 season we've tried Kyle Shanahan, now RG3 - perhaps the thinking is that having competition from Cousins is what drove RG3 to greatness?

  • Cousins hit somewhat of a rough patch this year, but has responded well. He also throws a gorgeous a play-action bomb. We had a chance to get him a while back, but didn't want to part with a second rounder (that's the rumor anyway). Washington will have NO choice but to pay him now.

  • Guess I'm wondering day they haven't paid him already ?

    @londonbrown said:

    Guess I'm wondering day they haven't paid him already ?

    I'm pretty sure Cousins said once the season started there would be no negotiations until it was over. Doesn't mean his agent is not "talking' to the WSH GM, but I doubt Kirk is involved.

    I'd bet on a deal being done fairly soon after WSH's season is over... weeks before draft day.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Guess I'm wondering day they haven't paid him already ?

    I'm pretty sure Cousins said once the season started there would be no negotiations until it was over. Doesn't mean his agent is not "talking' to the WSH GM, but I doubt Kirk is involved.

    I'd bet on a deal being done fairly soon after WSH's season is over... weeks before draft day.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm pretty sure Cousins said once the season started there would be no negotiations until it was over. Doesn't mean his agent is not "talking' to the WSH GM, but I doubt Kirk is involved.

    I'd bet on a deal being done fairly soon after WSH's season is over... weeks before draft day.

    We do know that Kirk and the GM have communicated.

    The conversatione went "How do you like me now ... "

    JN1_8723.jpg?uuid=yCsVJq-nEea8LRmz11nP5w

    ... at least he left off the word "Bitch".