Why are you a fan?
-
Jim Brown. All his fault. Then the next best athlete I'd seen came here, Eric Metcalf with all that speed and elusiveness. And then JM in the era of the internet brought me to this board. And despite his inability to address his substance abuse problems, I stuck around to see how this will all turn out eventually. Now bring on Myles Garrett or you'll never hear the end of it on how well he is doing elsewhere while we added another name to the crossed out T-shirt.

As said... Jim Brown got me.
It was Leroy Kelly who kept me.
Far and away my favorite Brownie after #32.
So, if this hasn't been asked before, and to keep this sucker going...
WHO IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE BROWNS PLAYER?
Freakin' awesome write up, Z...
Ridgway, PA... home of "hey, the "e" is silent, so let's save some money on signs."
It was Leroy Kelly who kept me.
Yup... and never saw his greatness coming...
I mean who could follow the GOAT?
-
Well said Z
-
Zombo, That was GREAT!
-
Awesome Z...Im 2 months older than you...and alot of your hiztory is mine! The names have been changed to protect the guilty!!! Awesome Brother just awesome! GO BROWNS FOREVER???
-
I'm only a fan of teams that score 16 points in the 3rd quarter in the entire season so far.
-
Interestingly enough, I don't really know. I was born in Cleveland, but moved away at an early age. Visiting family in the area, Browns games were always on TV. My dad and grandfather would constantly complain about the team even though they had some good years back in the 70s. Leroy Kelley was my favorite player back then. Success in the 1980s during the Sipe and Kosar eras cemented my interest despite red-right 88, the drive, and the fumble.When they moved to that city on the east coast, my dad became a Bills fan and never really turned back. That was a tough pill to swallow, especially since he was the main reason I fell in love with the Browns. My 2 boys are split. I was able to brainwash 1 of them early on with a Browns teddy bear and blanket. He's still a Browns fan 20 years later. My other son, much to his credit, realized being a Browns fan is an exercise in futility.
-
Gotta admit to giving love to the likes of Jerry Shrek and Gerald Irons. Turkey Jones was on the radio when he was asked how his style of play would compare to today. He replied that he would most likely be suspended for over a year a fined a million +
His era was all legal, now he had a high rpm motor!
-
Gotta admit to giving love to the likes of Jerry Shrek and Gerald Irons. Turkey Jones was on the radio when he was asked how his style of play would compare to today. He replied that he would most likely be suspended for over a year a fined a million +
His era was all legal, now he had a high rpm motor!
Gotta admit to giving love to the likes of Jerry Shrek...
lol... Sherk wasn't that big... nor was he green.
Still deserves to be in the HOF IMO...
-
I attended Browns games with my parents before I was born. It's in
my blood, that will never change.
Got to see Jim Brown play, but I admired Leroy Kelly. I always wanted to be
a running back in football, but, was never able to play. well...never allowed to play.
But if I could have, I would have run like Leroy Kelly, I studied his moves every game.
I signed up one time, and I got told off by the athletic director, old Mr. Tyree, his real name...
and got royally yelled at by my surgeon.
Picky, picky, picky.
Jerry Sherk, Walter Johnson, Bobby Mitchell, one of my real favorites, too..Milt Morin, Gary Collins, Jim Houston...
eh...Charlie Hall, Frank Ryan scrambling around in the backfield, Don Cockroft.. that's all I remember from
the early days. I never liked Jim Brown.
-
Why am I a Browns' Fan?.......
Because I was, am now, & always will be a true & loyal Browns' Fan just like my Dad, uncles, brothers, & cousins. It's a form of Patriotism....Unconditional love for the USA & the Browns (and other Cleveland Sports Teams).
Regardless of record, I will always support them.
Challenge....The Browns need that important "12th man" more now than ever & only we Fans can provide that, so instead of bitching on message boards, get off your dead asses, get to the Stadium, & support our Browns!!
Mike
-
From California started watching football 14 years ago. Somehow Bengals vs Browns was televised. I was hooked on football. I told myself whoever loses this game I will be a loyal fan. Browns ended up losing and ive been following them ever since. Went to a game a couple years back in Cleveland and they won against the Bengals. It was awesome. Walking down the streets of Cleveland after a win was fucken epic. I met Phil Taylor in downtown Cleveland that day and I witnessed him getting pulled over and his mom saying "they just won the game and yall pulling us over..." cop ended up letting it go. Haha. But it will always be GO Browns even if we get 0-16. And Fuck the Steelers.
-
From California started watching football 14 years ago. Somehow Bengals vs Browns was televised. I was hooked on football. I told myself whoever loses this game I will be a loyal fan. Browns ended up losing and ive been following them ever since. Went to a game a couple years back in Cleveland and they won against the Bengals. It was awesome. Walking down the streets of Cleveland after a win was fucken epic. I met Phil Taylor in downtown Cleveland that day and I witnessed him getting pulled over and his mom saying "they just won the game and yall pulling us over..." cop ended up letting it go. Haha. But it will always be GO Browns even if we get 0-16. And Fuck the Steelers.
But it will always be GO Browns even if we get 0-16. And Fuck the Steelers.
If you can adapt that kind of attitude to Gig 'em Aggies at 0-12, I'd make you an honorary Aggie. I love that kind of spirit in a fan!


From one of our school songs, The 12th Man: "When we're down the goin's rough and tough, we just grin and yell we've got the stuff........................................we're the 12th man on that fightin' Aggie team!"
That's what I see on this board that keeps me hanging around. True Browns fans!!
-
0-16? So what?
-
Gotta admit to giving love to the likes of Jerry Shrek...
lol... Sherk wasn't that big... nor was he green.
Still deserves to be in the HOF IMO...
-
I heard some folks are talking about having a parade for the Browns if they go 0-16.
That's just funny.
-
The way the parade idea is being presented, brings the term "shammockery" to mind...
Odd thing is, if it was a sincere thought to "buck up" the team... the franchise... the fans.... after enduring a very hard season, then it's actually be kinda cool. A kind of catharsis...
Could even end with a ceremonial burial of the 2016 schedule... hopefully with the use of the solid brown uni's...
-
It is funny and shows the personality of people from Cleveland. I've loved every visit they are great people.
-
The theme should be "Cleveland Browns-putting the 0 and 16 into 2016!"

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login