Confirmed - Browns playing (home game) in London - vs Vikings
-
I do just hope it's a meaningful game, and that in week 7 or 8 we're not already like 1-6.
-
I do just hope it's a meaningful game, and that in week 7 or 8 we're not already like 1-6.
-
We play the vikings - what will they be like next year? No first round pick thanks to the Bradford trade.
A bunch of pending, relatively high priced free agents including both tackles (who have been injured this year, and their line has been horrible as a result).
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/minnesota-vikings/
Then the annual AP question - his cap hit next year is $18m. Bradford's is $17m, btw. Then the Bradford/Bridgewater question.
-
Stupid as hell, sorry.
It should never, ever be an inter- conference matchup.
Giving up a home game there means the Vikings won't visit Cleveland until 2025.
Stupid as hell, sorry.
It should never, ever be an inter- conference matchup.
Giving up a home game there means the Vikings won't visit Cleveland until 2025.
Do you really care that much about seeing the Vikings? I don't see that being a big deal at all.
Well, this will formally give us all an excuse to be drinking by 9:00 a.m. for once!
-
I heard on the radio this morning that it is confirmed that the Browns will be playing in London next year, in either week 7 or week 8 vs. the Vikings. It will be considered a home game for the Browns, thus they will lose one game in Cleveland. I will try to check on line to confirm with more details.
-
-
Yeah Twickers is kinda sucky, I was at Wembley this summer (Liverpool vs Barca) and it's an amazing stadium, though somewhat ruined by shitty corporateness. Like the only food available was a terrible burger for £7 or something.
Still, I'll be off to Twickenham. Any idea on the prices?
So we get the "B" facility?
Early date looks promising for a Wedding anniversary in the Isles, but either will work.
Any idea on the prices?
Please look into block pricing as well. That was the one serious part of my "your duties" post.
Should be discounted and those of us who commit to the trip can PayPal in advance so you don't get stuck. Then if we no show, and you can't resell for face value, the no show is on the hook.
-
I'm inclined to let one of the retired guys handle that particular duty
plus, mrs gft has said she's getting me tickets as a gift of some kind, so I'd be away from the block anyway. -
This Royal Throne of Kings
This scepter'd Isle
This Earth of Majesty
This Seat of Mars
This other Eden demi-paradise
This Fortress built by nature for herself...
This Happy Breed of Men
This Little World
This precious stone set in the silver sea...
This Blessed Plot
This Earth
This Realm
This.....England
Richard II
-
Reminds me of Jerusalem
-
Stupid as hell, sorry.
It should never, ever be an inter- conference matchup.
Giving up a home game there means the Vikings won't visit Cleveland until 2025.
Do you really care that much about seeing the Vikings? I don't see that being a big deal at all.
Well, this will formally give us all an excuse to be drinking by 9:00 a.m. for once!
Yeah, I actually do. It's piss-poor marketing by the NFL.Do you really care that much about seeing the Vikings? I don't see that being a big deal at all.
Well, this will formally give us all an excuse to be drinking by 9:00 a.m. for once!
Look at it this way- the 3 division rivals are a staple. The AFC rotation is a different division every 3 years.The NFC rotation is every 4 years. Then the two remaining games, teams get matched up within their conference in the order of the standings.
We've sucked so bad, it seems we always play Jax or Tenn, and either Oak or SD.
So my take is simply that if a team has to give up a game for King Goodell, it shouldn't be against an opponent you are at your own stadium once a decade. Makes senses to me.
-
If we sent the current team to Britain, I'm certain that would be deemed an act of war.
If we sent the current team to Britain, I'm certain that would be deemed an act of war.
LOL literally spit out my coffee at my desk.
-
Yeah, I actually do. It's piss-poor marketing by the NFL.Do you really care that much about seeing the Vikings? I don't see that being a big deal at all.
Well, this will formally give us all an excuse to be drinking by 9:00 a.m. for once!
Look at it this way- the 3 division rivals are a staple. The AFC rotation is a different division every 3 years.The NFC rotation is every 4 years. Then the two remaining games, teams get matched up within their conference in the order of the standings.
We've sucked so bad, it seems we always play Jax or Tenn, and either Oak or SD.
So my take is simply that if a team has to give up a game for King Goodell, it shouldn't be against an opponent you are at your own stadium once a decade. Makes senses to me.
Yeah, I actually do. It's piss-poor marketing by the NFL.
Look at it this way- the 3 division rivals are a staple. The AFC rotation is a different division every 3 years.The NFC rotation is every 4 years. Then the two remaining games, teams get matched up within their conference in the order of the standings.
We've sucked so bad, it seems we always play Jax or Tenn, and either Oak or SD.
So my take is simply that if a team has to give up a game for King Goodell, it shouldn't be against an opponent you are at your own stadium once a decade. Makes senses to me.
Yeah, I mean I'm acutely aware of NFL scheduling policies but I wouldn't be losing sleep over not seeing the Vikings play even if it's a long time from now. I'd personally much rather see AFC battles (assuming the Browns are ever good) that might actually matter for playoff purposes than an NFC game.
-
Was planning on getting engaged this summer. Ring fund may just have taken a little hit....
-
Yeah, I actually do. It's piss-poor marketing by the NFL.Do you really care that much about seeing the Vikings? I don't see that being a big deal at all.
Well, this will formally give us all an excuse to be drinking by 9:00 a.m. for once!
Look at it this way- the 3 division rivals are a staple. The AFC rotation is a different division every 3 years.The NFC rotation is every 4 years. Then the two remaining games, teams get matched up within their conference in the order of the standings.
We've sucked so bad, it seems we always play Jax or Tenn, and either Oak or SD.
So my take is simply that if a team has to give up a game for King Goodell, it shouldn't be against an opponent you are at your own stadium once a decade. Makes senses to me.
Yeah, I actually do. It's piss-poor marketing by the NFL.
Look at it this way- the 3 division rivals are a staple. The AFC rotation is a different division every 3 years.The NFC rotation is every 4 years. Then the two remaining games, teams get matched up within their conference in the order of the standings.
We've sucked so bad, it seems we always play Jax or Tenn, and either Oak or SD.
So my take is simply that if a team has to give up a game for King Goodell, it shouldn't be against an opponent you are at your own stadium once a decade. Makes senses to me.
At this point, Browns would play both in London and San Diego. Those are both good road trips.
-
Yeah, I actually do. It's piss-poor marketing by the NFL.
Look at it this way- the 3 division rivals are a staple. The AFC rotation is a different division every 3 years.The NFC rotation is every 4 years. Then the two remaining games, teams get matched up within their conference in the order of the standings.
We've sucked so bad, it seems we always play Jax or Tenn, and either Oak or SD.
So my take is simply that if a team has to give up a game for King Goodell, it shouldn't be against an opponent you are at your own stadium once a decade. Makes senses to me.
Yeah, I mean I'm acutely aware of NFL scheduling policies but I wouldn't be losing sleep over not seeing the Vikings play even if it's a long time from now. I'd personally much rather see AFC battles (assuming the Browns are ever good) that might actually matter for playoff purposes than an NFC game.
Yeah, I mean I'm acutely aware of NFL scheduling policies but I wouldn't be losing sleep over not seeing the Vikings play even if it's a long time from now. I'd personally much rather see AFC battles (assuming the Browns are ever good) that might actually matter for playoff purposes than an NFC game.
Funny thing is that in my mother's family, two of the 6 girls became War Brides. My mom came her to Northeast Ohio.. The other sister, my aunt went with her husband to St. Paul, Minnesota.
So, in my family that branch are Vikings fans, and I am a Browns fan.
And while our parents were born in Ireland, they grew up in the south of England, not far in London...in Gillingham (which, I think is where one of our British denizens on here lives). We have had family reunions in Ireland, but perhaps we could meet up in Merry Ole.
-
If we sent the current team to Britain, I'm certain that would be deemed an act of war.
Thank God the Minutemen were not as inept as the Browns.
Nevertheless....it would be a great road trip. Meeting up with Howie/Gareth/Mac/gft/London Brown and the rest of the British crew there would be cool. I could visit relatives.
I just need to renew my passport and get over my eye problems....and find some money......and get approval from my wife to go alone because she would have to stay home and work. The last hurdle would be the hardest.
Thank God the Minutemen were not as inept as the Browns.
Nevertheless....it would be a great road trip. Meeting up with Howie/Gareth/Mac/gft/London Brown and the rest of the British crew there would be cool. I could visit relatives.
I just need to renew my passport and get over my eye problems....and find some money......and get approval from my wife to go alone because she would have to stay home and work. The last hurdle would be the hardest.
No problem. Just go to the U.K. for treatment of your eye problem. This should placate your wife. Could do a go-fund-me for the airfare. Buy into National Health plan in UK, Go to game. Come home.
Sending the Browns over is reprisal for burning the White House and sending us the Sex Pistols.
-
Thank God the Minutemen were not as inept as the Browns.
Nevertheless....it would be a great road trip. Meeting up with Howie/Gareth/Mac/gft/London Brown and the rest of the British crew there would be cool. I could visit relatives.
I just need to renew my passport and get over my eye problems....and find some money......and get approval from my wife to go alone because she would have to stay home and work. The last hurdle would be the hardest.
No problem. Just go to the U.K. for treatment of your eye problem. This should placate your wife. Could do a go-fund-me for the airfare. Buy into National Health plan in UK, Go to game. Come home.
Sending the Browns over is reprisal for burning the White House and sending us the Sex Pistols.
No problem. Just go to the U.K. for treatment of your eye problem. This should placate your wife. Could do a go-fund-me for the airfare. Buy into National Health plan in UK, Go to game. Come home.
Sending the Browns over is reprisal for burning the White House and sending us the Sex Pistols.
Good point.....even better yet, perhaps I should get my Irish passport, which I am entitled to as a dual citizen (because my Mom was an Irish citizen). That would give me free reign across the whole EU...including the right to hold a job.
(but then, there is that whole Brexit thing).
And if not revenge for the Sex Pistols....at least for the Bay City Rollers.
-
I'm glad I only have to buy 9 games next year. Now if we can stop having to buy exhibition games......
-
I'm glad I only have to buy 9 games next year. Now if we can stop having to buy exhibition games......
I'm glad I only have to buy 9 games next year. Now if we can stop having to buy exhibition games......
lol... It did occur to me last nite that thanks to the London game a higher percentage of your 2017 outlay will be for the preseason...
My name is Tour... and I'm here to help...

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login