Anyone Else Think Collins Doesn't Wanna Be Here
-
He isn’t the first player to get paid then lay down and won’t be the last
For sure, I feel like this is something that isn't mentioned enough. This is the reason guys like Bell (and many others) are so demanding of the guaranteed money in a contract. Collins can walk away after this season and have made $30 million dollars. In the NFL especially where the physical toll is unbelievable, it's not surprising that some dudes just coast after striking gold. It sucks and I'm obviously not suggesting I'm for it, but the logical person in me can see why it happens in this sport. The likelihood of a position guy outside QB getting more than any "big" deal is little to none. Why not work your butt off, get the huge money, and then coast? Again, not for that line of thinking but I'm also not getting my skull bonked around for a career. Perhaps shorter, higher money deals may help.
-
I didnt see all of this game so I'm not sure what specifically you guys saw, but the effort was there previous games, and William's had nice things to say about him after the game, and William's seems like a straight shooter. With Schobert and Kirksey out, Collins was the defensive QB with the headset in his helmet.
I expected him to make more plays, he's good, but not great... not sure he ever was great, we overpaid for him ... but I honestly dont see lack of effort.
Z
-
tanner vallejo flashed on my screen when he came in for kirksey.
-
I didnt see all of this game so I'm not sure what specifically you guys saw, but the effort was there previous games, and William's had nice things to say about him after the game, and William's seems like a straight shooter. With Schobert and Kirksey out, Collins was the defensive QB with the headset in his helmet.
I expected him to make more plays, he's good, but not great... not sure he ever was great, we overpaid for him ... but I honestly dont see lack of effort.
Z
Zombo said:
I didnt see all of this game so I'm not sure what specifically you guys saw, but the effort was there previous games, and William's had nice things to say about him after the game, and William's seems like a straight shooter. With Schobert and Kirksey out, Collins was the defensive QB with the headset in his helmet.
I expected him to make more plays, he's good, but not great... not sure he ever was great, we overpaid for him ... but I honestly dont see lack of effort.
Z
Well....I saw it a few times. I saw a couple of times where he just liked reached out with his arms to try to tackle, and the ball carrier just brushed him off like a rhino brushing off a fly.
-
-
-
-
-
I’ve been a critic of Collins for several years.
He’s got the talent...but gives little effort at times.
The clip below is from the 2016 season vs the Giants. . .
-
Hows that effort look??
By which player? Pad level by DL was atrocious.
Collins? Looked like a confused LB playing his 3rd snap inside due to Kirk's injury who had his eyes in the backfield.
tanner vallejo flashed on my screen when he came in for kirksey.
Same here... made an error here and there, but looked like the kind of aggressive, read/react player Williams likes.
-
Hows that effort look??
By which player? Pad level by DL was atrocious.
Collins? Looked like a confused LB playing his 3rd snap inside due to Kirk's injury who had his eyes in the backfield.
tanner vallejo flashed on my screen when he came in for kirksey.
Same here... made an error here and there, but looked like the kind of aggressive, read/react player Williams likes.
By which player? Pad level by DL was atrocious.
Collins? Looked like a confused LB playing his 3rd snap inside due to Kirk's injury who had his eyes in the backfield.
Same here... made an error here and there, but looked like the kind of aggressive, read/react player Williams likes.
didnt see those errors but i trust u, u know wut ur looking at. Vallejo looked strong taking on lineman and he looks fast into the hole. Will be inteeresting to see if he gets more snaps in coming weeks.
-
Is it me or does anyone else see Collins lollygagging on plays more often than not.
Is it me or does anyone else see Collins lollygagging on plays more often than not.
If there was a word worse than terrible, that would be his.. and nobody will miss him when he's cut after the season.
Let's both agree never to resurrect a 2-year old thread again, mmkay?
And I don't miss Kirksey much this year - he's 72nd out of the 80 in PFF who have played starter-level minutes.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
