Skip to content

Anyone Else Think Collins Doesn't Wanna Be Here

The Browns Board
58 30 2.6k
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #48

    I didnt see all of this game so I'm not sure what specifically you guys saw, but the effort was there previous games, and William's had nice things to say about him after the game, and William's seems like a straight shooter. With Schobert and Kirksey out, Collins was the defensive QB with the headset in his helmet.

    I expected him to make more plays, he's good, but not great... not sure he ever was great, we overpaid for him ... but I honestly dont see lack of effort.

    Z

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #49

    tanner vallejo flashed on my screen when he came in for kirksey.

  • I didnt see all of this game so I'm not sure what specifically you guys saw, but the effort was there previous games, and William's had nice things to say about him after the game, and William's seems like a straight shooter. With Schobert and Kirksey out, Collins was the defensive QB with the headset in his helmet.

    I expected him to make more plays, he's good, but not great... not sure he ever was great, we overpaid for him ... but I honestly dont see lack of effort.

    Z

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Zombo said:

    I didnt see all of this game so I'm not sure what specifically you guys saw, but the effort was there previous games, and William's had nice things to say about him after the game, and William's seems like a straight shooter. With Schobert and Kirksey out, Collins was the defensive QB with the headset in his helmet.

    I expected him to make more plays, he's good, but not great... not sure he ever was great, we overpaid for him ... but I honestly dont see lack of effort.

    Z

    Well....I saw it a few times.   I saw a couple of times where he just liked reached out with his arms to try to tackle, and the ball carrier just brushed him off like a rhino brushing off a fly.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #51
    Tom E. Curran@tomecurran
    Jamie Collins bowing up on the goal line vs KC.
  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Hows that effort look??

  • Hows that effort look??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @mark-o said:

    Hows that effort look??

    Can't get it to play.

  • Hows that effort look??

    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @mark-o said:

    Hows that effort look??

    How about Hunts long TD , looked like he tried to shake his hand instead of trying to tackle him 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #55

    I’ve been a critic of Collins for several years.

    He’s got the talent...but gives little effort at times.

    The clip below is from the 2016 season vs the Giants. . .

  • Hows that effort look??

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @mark-o said:

    Hows that effort look??

    By which player? Pad level by DL was atrocious.

    Collins? Looked like a confused LB playing his 3rd snap inside due to Kirk's injury who had his eyes in the backfield.

    @clevfan4life said:

    tanner vallejo flashed on my screen when he came in for kirksey.

    Same here... made an error here and there, but looked like the kind of aggressive, read/react player Williams likes.

  • @mark-o said:

    Hows that effort look??

    By which player? Pad level by DL was atrocious.

    Collins? Looked like a confused LB playing his 3rd snap inside due to Kirk's injury who had his eyes in the backfield.

    @clevfan4life said:

    tanner vallejo flashed on my screen when he came in for kirksey.

    Same here... made an error here and there, but looked like the kind of aggressive, read/react player Williams likes.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @tour2ma said:

    By which player? Pad level by DL was atrocious.

    Collins? Looked like a confused LB playing his 3rd snap inside due to Kirk's injury who had his eyes in the backfield.

    Same here... made an error here and there, but looked like the kind of aggressive, read/react player Williams likes.

    didnt see those errors but i trust u, u know wut ur looking at. Vallejo looked strong taking on lineman and he looks fast into the hole. Will be inteeresting to see if he gets more snaps in coming weeks. 

  • Is it me or does anyone else see Collins lollygagging on plays more often than not. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #58

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Is it me or does anyone else see Collins lollygagging on plays more often than not. 

    If there was a word worse than terrible, that would be his.. and nobody will miss him when he's cut after the season.

    Let's both agree never to resurrect a 2-year old thread again, mmkay?

    And I don't miss Kirksey much this year - he's 72nd out of the 80 in PFF who have played starter-level minutes.