Skip to content

RB Darius Jackson Claimed off Waivers from Dallas

The Browns Board
33 18 1.6k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #8

    wtf? not that lemonier was killing it but he was like 3rd on the team in sacks without getting a whole lot of playing time. And we cut him for a RB of which we already have two pretty good backs. Help me understand. If there's anything on this team that shows a semblance of competence it's our running game. Calm down i said semblance. But nothings gonna look spectacular behind that O line. I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

  • wtf? not that lemonier was killing it but he was like 3rd on the team in sacks without getting a whole lot of playing time. And we cut him for a RB of which we already have two pretty good backs. Help me understand. If there's anything on this team that shows a semblance of competence it's our running game. Calm down i said semblance. But nothings gonna look spectacular behind that O line. I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

    It's a tipoff. We ARE going to draft Garrett after we tank the last 3 games. 😉

  • I think Lemonier had a sack Sunday ... surprised we didn't cut Atkinson, we never use him.

    Zombo

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Zombo said:

    I think Lemonier had a sack Sunday ... surprised we didn't cut Atkinson, we never use him.

    Zombo

    ^^this

    Can he block a nose tackle? We could use someone like that...

    I read where his pro day #'s do not match the tape on him. Dances behind the LOS type of guy.

    I understand, what have we got to lose at this point, try him on for size. He looks good getting off the bus. But why not keep the Lemon guy? Would we even miss Atkinson?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Lemonier is terrible. Though, I'm surprised it wasn't Can Johnson who has been inactive a lot recently.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Just mining for players after the Reiter and Cooper successes. Basically how I run my fantasy team.

  • Just mining for players after the Reiter and Cooper successes. Basically how I run my fantasy team.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wargograw said:

    Just mining for players after the Reiter and Cooper successes. Basically how I run my fantasy team.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Ray Farmer used to do it a lot - I remember lots of complaints about how he was more worried about the guys numbers 50-53 on the roster than the starting line up.

    Now, it seems, our FO has had some moderate success on the OL with Reiter and Cooper. So, that's something.

  • Lemonier is terrible. Though, I'm surprised it wasn't Can Johnson who has been inactive a lot recently.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @gftchris said:

    Lemonier is terrible. Though, I'm surprised it wasn't Can Johnson who has been inactive a lot recently.

    I think he starts every week and had a sack Sunday too.

    Z

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

  • He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @gftchris said:

    He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

    Both are raw as fuck. Our 20 game preseason tryout is almost over.

    Zombo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    What does he bring to the table that we don't already have in Duke, Crowe, Winston etc.?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Popular guy, according to Ian Rappaport 4 teams put in for Darius Jackson:

    Eagles, Giants, Niners, and Browns.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Don't understand cutting Lemonier of all people. He's probably responsible for 20% of our total sacks, LOL.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @canton-dawg said:

    #3 on the SPARQ score. . .

    https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

    Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

    @the-gipper said:

    What does he bring to the table that we don't already have in Duke, Crowe, Winston etc.?

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    #3 on the SPARQ score. . .

    https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

    Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

    @the-gipper said:

    What does he bring to the table that we don't already have in Duke, Crowe, Winston etc.?

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

    We should check and see if he has Jeff Fisher's agent.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #23

    @canton-dawg said:

    #3 on the SPARQ score. . .

    https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

    See below.....

    @tour2ma said:

    Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    Yeah, #3, and Zeke Elliot was #41- so big whoop.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    #3 on the SPARQ score. . .

    https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

    See below.....

    @tour2ma said:

    Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    Yeah, #3, and Zeke Elliot was #41- so big whoop.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, #3, and Zeke Elliot was #41- so big whoop.

    Not to mention that O-line.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    #3 on the SPARQ score. . .

    https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

    Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

    @the-gipper said:

    What does he bring to the table that we don't already have in Duke, Crowe, Winston etc.?

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

    I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

    He's like a bad penny.

    How many carries has he had for us?

    I can only think of one in which he got like one yard, got hit, hurt and fumbled...

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Instead of drafting at 2, 4, or 22 we get Darius Jackson an undrafted free agent nobody ever heard of. Meanwhile, Khalil Mack is killing it! He leads the league in sacks while Justin Gilbert is where?

  • Instead of drafting at 2, 4, or 22 we get Darius Jackson an undrafted free agent nobody ever heard of. Meanwhile, Khalil Mack is killing it! He leads the league in sacks while Justin Gilbert is where?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @opal312 said:

    Instead of drafting at 2, 4, or 22 we get Darius Jackson an undrafted free agent nobody ever heard of. Meanwhile, Khalil Mack is killing it! He leads the league in sacks while Justin Gilbert is where?

    So, you are opposed to this adminstration picking up a RB on waivers because the past administration whiffed on Mack and Gilbert?

    Makes a lot of sense.

    Good teams never try to add talent to the bottom of the roster.

    Zombo