Skip to content

McShay's 2010 Mock Draft

The Browns Board
19 10 1.6k
  • mikeyP72 said:

    This is completely bogus and will not have 1 pick right.... i dont get why he would even do this. Even the mock's leading up to the draft were bad, it's all speculation im not a fan of doing them, im upset for reading this.

    Then you take things way to seriously if you are getting upset.

  • It sucks we wont be drafting in the top 5 this year, so we wont be getting Mays or Berry. maybe the top 10 though. Our team is not that bad, we are not great but not that bad. The lions and Rams are going to stink. We have a schedule where we can at least win 7 games.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    im upset for reading this.

    Yup, you said "Upset"

    Instead of being upset, just enjoy it and have fun with it. Take the time to explore what the Browns may do next year.

    Sure it's unlikely any of them will be correct, but it gives fans an opportunity to explore and have some fun thinking about it.

  • *Sigh* Every year there are guys who are going to go top five this time of year who don't even go first round.

    There were guys upset at drafting Quinn cuz Booty and Brohm would be there in the top five the next year LOL.

    Hell, just look at a couple Buckeyes like Jenkins and Laurinaitis. Or how about Rey Rey?

    This stuff is nothing more than good fun and gives a preview for us non draftniks of who to look out for next season.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Upset? More like annoyed.

    You said upset the first time around....fine....I understand annoyed...I am like that about 75% of the time. 😉

  • It sucks we wont be drafting in the top 5 this year, so we wont be getting Mays or Berry. maybe the top 10 though. Our team is not that bad, we are not great but not that bad. The lions and Rams are going to stink. We have a schedule where we can at least win 7 games.

    @cambridgeho said:

    It sucks we wont be drafting in the top 5 this year, so we wont be getting Mays or Berry. maybe the top 10 though. Our team is not that bad, we are not great but not that bad. The lions and Rams are going to stink. We have a schedule where we can at least win 7 games.

    I agree completely. I think 7-9 is very likely with this schedule.

    But even if we are not in the running for Mays, don't get too down because Mangini is a wheeler dealer and if he finds a guy he absolutely loves he'll trade up if he has to. He did this In NY a couple time in his short stay there.

    McShay didn't include everyone either. Guys like Carlos Dunlap could declare and push Mays down another notch or two where he'd get to the Browns.

    There's a big Safety from Virginia tech I like coming out next year too. He's a big kid like Mays and could be a round 2 or 3 pick.

    Kams Chancellor. VT has done the kid no favors by moving him to a different position each year he's been there.

    I'm a huge Mays fan but at the same time I really like Herzlich as well. Same with Dunlap. Any of those guys would make me very happy.

  • Not sure about Chancellor. Need to see more of him next year, but I suspect he may need to move to linebacker in the pro's. His size/speed combination is impressive, though.

  • I believe the Browns will not draft in the top fifteen.

    I'm like this every year.

    Maybe, even the playoffs.

    See?

  • Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

  • Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

    @lemosley01 said:

    Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

    If by looks like a QB you mean, looks like a 9-year-old, then yes.

    He kinda looks like Cutler's little brother

    colts-mccoy.jpg

  • Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

    @lemosley01 said:

    Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

    Personally think he's the best QB to come out in a decade!

  • Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

    @lemosley01 said:

    I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    Wow....You were impressed after that game? I thought he looked completely lost in that game.

    But he was a R-Freshman and playing one of the best teams in the country too.

  • Not sure about Chancellor. Need to see more of him next year, but I suspect he may need to move to linebacker in the pro's. His size/speed combination is impressive, though.

    Aloysius said:

    Not sure about Chancellor. Need to see more of him next year, but I suspect he may need to move to linebacker in the pro's. His size/speed combination is impressive, though.

    He's pretty much a straight line guy as his hips are not real loose. A bit stiff.

    The impressive thing about him is he came into college as a corner. He does have very good speed for a guy that size.

    He also packs a wallop when hitting.

    Could very easily be converted to LB as a Pro. It will depend on his ability to cover.

  • @lemosley01 said:

    I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    Wow....You were impressed after that game? I thought he looked completely lost in that game.

    But he was a R-Freshman and playing one of the best teams in the country too.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Wow....You were impressed after that game? I thought he looked completely lost in that game.

    But he was a R-Freshman and playing one of the best teams in the country too.

    That's the thing - he didn't look as lost as I thought a true Freshman playing OSU would/should. He handled himself well, and seemed to be in control. Really, I didn't think he looked like a guy who was in high school just a few months earlier.

    It's those intangibles (well, and the tangibles).

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Wow....You were impressed after that game? I thought he looked completely lost in that game.

    But he was a R-Freshman and playing one of the best teams in the country too.

    That's the thing - he didn't look as lost as I thought a true Freshman playing OSU would/should. He handled himself well, and seemed to be in control. Really, I didn't think he looked like a guy who was in high school just a few months earlier.

    It's those intangibles (well, and the tangibles).

    @lemosley01 said:

    That's the thing - he didn't look as lost as I thought a true Freshman playing OSU would/should. He handled himself well, and seemed to be in control. Really, I didn't think he looked like a guy who was in high school just a few months earlier.

    It's those intangibles (well, and the tangibles).

    He was a redshirt Freshman but even at that, playing the Bucks in his second college game was a tall order for him.

    The Buckeyes blitzed him relentlessly.

  • @lemosley01 said:

    Why no love for Colt McCoy? There's something about him that screams to me he's going to be good - he LOOKS like a QB and has presence like a QB. I've been impressed since I saw him play Ohio State his Freshman year.

    I'd like to see him in a Brown's uni in the worst way. Hopefully we don't because Quinn turns out to be crazy good.

    If by looks like a QB you mean, looks like a 9-year-old, then yes.

    He kinda looks like Cutler's little brother

    colts-mccoy.jpg

    AdaM said:

    If by looks like a QB you mean, looks like a 9-year-old, then yes.

    He kinda looks like Cutler's little brother

    colts-mccoy.jpg

    Hellish unibrow! Seen that somewhere around here before??

    DWJ