Pryor injured
-
You keep alluding to players faking it to be put on IR. Then you're answer is...Oh maybe not this time but others. Dude, we got Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital. Two of the best in the whole friggin world. Now again I ask nicely, who is faking it? I wanna know, the fans wanna know and the NFL wants to know. So answer who or STFU about faked injury
I never said players were faking it. I said the FO might be pushing them towards IR in some cases where the player COULD play. The sheer number of injuries tells me that. So calm down, nut job.
Zombo, Hue might be trying his hardest to win a game, but still be aware that the tank is the FO's desire. I know those seem incompatible, but I see it as a case of everyone doing their job.
I never said players were faking it. I said the FO might be pushing them towards IR in some cases where the player COULD play. The sheer number of injuries tells me that. So calm down, nut job.
Zombo, Hue might be trying his hardest to win a game, but still be aware that the tank is the FO's desire. I know those seem incompatible, but I see it as a case of everyone doing their job.
The front office isn't concerned with winning in 2016, the coach is. I understand that.
But you have failed to show who we have put on IR that could have played.
I'm looking at the list, and I don't see any.
I'm sure the league office and the NFLPA would be interested as well.
Zombo
-
How is one tied to the other? We HAVE to lose all the games this year to win nine or ten 3 or 4 years from now? That makes no sense. Most people were picking them at 4-5 wins here. I thought that optimistic but winning a few this year would be nice. You need to listen to your hero better. Hue said that next year at this time we'll be preparing for the playoffs. And I would say that is a kind of timeline on the plan.
No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?
That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.
Like the 14 0-11 raiders? They sucked, two decent draft picks and 2 years...Playoffs. pretty typical NFL turnaroundNo, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?
That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.
-
Raiders also signed a fair number of FAs... including most of their OL... so there's that...
-
Raiders also signed a fair number of FAs... including most of their OL... so there's that...
Raiders also signed a fair number of FAs... including most of their OL... so there's that...
Yep......yep yep yep......
coulda, woulda, shoulda
A year late is still better than not at all.....
But....I will say....woulda been easier to attract that much needed FA help before we became the worst team ever.....
Raiders are the perfect example of how to fix a team...fast......they prove that a couple decent drafts and a few key signings can turn a really bad team around.....fast......and w/o screwing the fans or embarrassing the city or turning the team to crap....
-
And yet the Raiders still took 3 seasons. Give this FO 3 seasons.
-
If we have FO or personnel on this team that want to tank games then I don't want them in this organization.
If you don't want to win then go somewhere else.
No one should be paid millions to play the numbers, or only put out the best effort when your team has a winning record.
It's easy to be motivated when your team is 14-0.
Now show me what you're made of when your team is 0-14.
THAT'S the kind of player or FO personnel I want to see.
So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.
So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.
And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.
How many teams has THAT worked for?
Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.
That works EVERY time, doesn't it?
Yeah. Got it.
You must be a really big Jags fan then.
-
Raiders also signed a fair number of FAs... including most of their OL... so there's that...
Yep......yep yep yep......
coulda, woulda, shoulda
A year late is still better than not at all.....
But....I will say....woulda been easier to attract that much needed FA help before we became the worst team ever.....
Raiders are the perfect example of how to fix a team...fast......they prove that a couple decent drafts and a few key signings can turn a really bad team around.....fast......and w/o screwing the fans or embarrassing the city or turning the team to crap....
-
How is one tied to the other? We HAVE to lose all the games this year to win nine or ten 3 or 4 years from now? That makes no sense. Most people were picking them at 4-5 wins here. I thought that optimistic but winning a few this year would be nice. You need to listen to your hero better. Hue said that next year at this time we'll be preparing for the playoffs. And I would say that is a kind of timeline on the plan.
No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?
That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.
Why dumb? If he believes it, say it. Or it could be another of those runaway train type quotes that'll have us an interim coach this time next year. It's been awhile since we've been down that road. 0 fer a year and a half will probably do it though. 0-24 sound right?No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?
That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.
-
TP had full practice today. He only need 123 yards to hit 1000. He would then collect on some contract incentives.
Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.
And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.
And then there's team pride....see even for me it not just for the money.

Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.
And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.
Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"(RG3)...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK
-
Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.
And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.
Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"(RG3)...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK
Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK
Not all but a lot of injuries this year are the result of lack of strength and conditioning practice time thru the CBA. Those are the preventable ones.
-
the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS
I agree. The league has made a number of rule changes that detract from viewer fun. The opening hour of commercials help too. Plus with all the replay.....More ads. Yipppeee! And the science channel on Thursday night is more interesting than the game play on NFL Network.the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS
-
This has been an openly tanked season. I would rather have Pryor fresh and ready to go at the beginning of next season without any residual issues.
This has not been an openly tanked season.
We suck.
Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
This has not been an openly tanked season.
We suck.
Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.
Zombo
Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.
-
Zombo said:
This has not been an openly tanked season.
We suck.
Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.
Zombo
Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.
Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.
Yep,TP was limited along with our only LS'er Hughlett. which has only 1 job to do. Long Snap..Hammy Christmas!!..S Trae Elston was sent packing, to move up our last rookie from PS to get a lookzie CB Trey Caldwell..maybe Trey's Parents could use your seats
..Hoorta now moved to Browns inactive List saturday -
So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.
And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.
How many teams has THAT worked for?
Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.
That works EVERY time, doesn't it?
Yeah. Got it.
You must be a really big Jags fan then.
And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.
How many teams has THAT worked for?
Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.
That works EVERY time, doesn't it?
Yeah. Got it.
You must be a really big Jags fan then.
It's worked for many times. I don't like the Jags. Raiders are pretty cool though.
-
the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS
Gotta throw Goddell in the mix. He's just a guilty as the CBA for fitting the gamethe CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS
-
Another one bitching about Pryor - this time, Brian Hartline.
"If I'm building a team, what is [Pryor]?" Hartline asked during an appearance on Columbus radio station 105.7 The Zone (via Ohio.com). "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not because let's put it this way: For me, I want a guy day in and day out I know what I'm getting. You don't know what you're going to get. You don't know who's going to show up. You don't know if he's going to get in trouble. You don't know if he's going to smart off. I need stability. That's so much more important to me.
"I need a guy that runs routes. I need stability. I need constant production. Is he a No. 2? OK, yeah. I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. So I'm very apprehensive as a Cleveland Browns guy to give out a contract. Listen, you had one year. You're a flash in the pan. You're trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I'm going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you're going to work harder? Uh, I think I'm going to bet against that if I'm a betting man."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login