Skip to content

Pryor injured

The Browns Board
100 26 3.2k
  • Regarding Pryor, I'm having a bit of a change of heart. I'm now looking at it like - what would we think if we'd drafted this guy in april? His first year in the league (as a receiver) he gets a thousand yards with a carousel of quarterbacks. If Corey Coleman had done that, we would be elated, build around this guy forever.

    So why not Pryor? Because he was, out of nowhere, our main receiving threat? He was so much better than expected he thrust himself into WR1 status, and now people say 'well he's not a good WR1 so cut him'?

    I said a little while ago he was a lot like Travis Benjamin. Similar numbers across the board. If we let Benji go, why not Pryor? But, we need to start keeping the guys that have shown ability to play in this league, and Pryor essentially just had his rookie season, while Benji had played receiver his whole life and has now basically hit his ceiling.

    Pay the man.

    @gftchris said:

    I said a little while ago he was a lot like Travis Benjamin. Similar numbers across the board. If we let Benji go, why not Pryor? But, we need to start keeping the guys that have shown ability to play in this league, and Pryor essentially just had his rookie season, while Benji had played receiver his whole life and has now basically hit his ceiling.

    Pay the man.

    Benjamin has hit his ceiling and regressed back down to the basement. He did nothing in SD this year, except for the last week of the season when he decided he didn't want to play because of an owie to his knee, despite not being on the injury report all week. 2 hours before the game he pulls himself out of the lineup. He was invisible for weeks at a time and had some horrendous special teams mistakes early in the season. The Browns made the right choice letting him go.

    Pryor is a totally different thing. He's a big dude with speed, not a little skinny guy with speed like Benjamin. I think he'll stay because he wants to stay with Hue.

  • Look I love the Crow. Really do. But we don't need to spend much of anything on him. Go get a guy late in the draft if you can't keep him. He is expendable.

  • @gftchris said:

    I said a little while ago he was a lot like Travis Benjamin. Similar numbers across the board. If we let Benji go, why not Pryor? But, we need to start keeping the guys that have shown ability to play in this league, and Pryor essentially just had his rookie season, while Benji had played receiver his whole life and has now basically hit his ceiling.

    Pay the man.

    Benjamin has hit his ceiling and regressed back down to the basement. He did nothing in SD this year, except for the last week of the season when he decided he didn't want to play because of an owie to his knee, despite not being on the injury report all week. 2 hours before the game he pulls himself out of the lineup. He was invisible for weeks at a time and had some horrendous special teams mistakes early in the season. The Browns made the right choice letting him go.

    Pryor is a totally different thing. He's a big dude with speed, not a little skinny guy with speed like Benjamin. I think he'll stay because he wants to stay with Hue.

    @mark-o said:

    Benjamin has hit his ceiling and regressed back down to the basement. He did nothing in SD this year, except for the last week of the season when he decided he didn't want to play because of an owie to his knee, despite not being on the injury report all week. 2 hours before the game he pulls himself out of the lineup. He was invisible for weeks at a time and had some horrendous special teams mistakes early in the season. The Browns made the right choice letting him go.

    Pryor is a totally different thing. He's a big dude with speed, not a little skinny guy with speed like Benjamin. I think he'll stay because he wants to stay with Hue.

    That's pretty much what I was saying.

    Benjamin hit his ceiling

    Pryor basically just had a rookie season

  • Look I love the Crow. Really do. But we don't need to spend much of anything on him. Go get a guy late in the draft if you can't keep him. He is expendable.

    @wargograw said:

    Look I love the Crow. Really do. But we don't need to spend much of anything on him. Go get a guy late in the draft if you can't keep him. He is expendable.

    I fall in under this. If they can't square away an incentive laden deal like Tour mentioned, I am sure a replacement can be found late in the draft.

  • A replacement probably *can* be found later in the draft, but why create a need on a team that already has plenty? Crow won't be asking for AP money or even DeMarco Murray money. If we can give $5m a year to Jamar Taylor (not complaining about that btw) we can find room to pay Crowell.

  • Hey, we still have Winston in reserve... πŸ™‚

    Look at where the top ten rushers of 2016 were drafted...

    Zeke (1), Howard (5), Murray (3), Ajayi (5), Bell (2), McCoy (2), Johnson (3), Blount (UDFA), Freeman (4), and Miller (4).

    Day two and early Day three of the draft are simply too target rich to overpay Crow.

    While I like Crow he is a flawed RB... his field vision is not great. I've got some photos from the Cinci game that show the issue, but dammed if I can navigate editing them to post due to software "upgrades". Maybe later...

  • Hey, we still have Winston in reserve... πŸ™‚

    Look at where the top ten rushers of 2016 were drafted...

    Zeke (1), Howard (5), Murray (3), Ajayi (5), Bell (2), McCoy (2), Johnson (3), Blount (UDFA), Freeman (4), and Miller (4).

    Day two and early Day three of the draft are simply too target rich to overpay Crow.

    While I like Crow he is a flawed RB... his field vision is not great. I've got some photos from the Cinci game that show the issue, but dammed if I can navigate editing them to post due to software "upgrades". Maybe later...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hey, we still have Winston in reserve... πŸ™‚

    Look at where the top ten rushers of 2016 were drafted...

    Zeke (1), Howard (5), Murray (3), Ajayi (5), Bell (2), McCoy (2), Johnson (3), Blount (UDFA), Freeman (4), and Miller (4).

    Day two and early Day three of the draft are simply too target rich to overpay Crow.

    While I like Crow he is a flawed RB... his field vision is not great. I've got some photos from the Cinci game that show the issue, but dammed if I can navigate editing them to post due to software "upgrades". Maybe later...

    Good point, shows how the RB position has been vastly upgraded from years past when they were relegated to the second, third and beyond rounds.

  • Look I love the Crow. Really do. But we don't need to spend much of anything on him. Go get a guy late in the draft if you can't keep him. He is expendable.

    @wargograw said:

    Look I love the Crow. Really do. But we don't need to spend much of anything on him. Go get a guy late in the draft if you can't keep him. He is expendable.

    You could get Mixon or Perine in 3rd or 4th.

  • @wargograw said:

    Look I love the Crow. Really do. But we don't need to spend much of anything on him. Go get a guy late in the draft if you can't keep him. He is expendable.

    You could get Mixon or Perine in 3rd or 4th.

    @baconhound said:

    You could get... Perine in 3rd or 4th.

    Valerie? (AKA Montana Wildhack... "May we have the night curtain, please?" - Billy Pilgrim)

    billy%2Bpilgrim%2Band%2Bmontana.jpg

  • @baconhound said:

    You could get... Perine in 3rd or 4th.

    Valerie? (AKA Montana Wildhack... "May we have the night curtain, please?" - Billy Pilgrim)

    billy%2Bpilgrim%2Band%2Bmontana.jpg

    @tour2ma said:

    Valerie? (AKA Montana Wildhack... "May we have the night curtain, please?" - Billy Pilgrim)

    billy%2Bpilgrim%2Band%2Bmontana.jpg

    Nope the guy who is the Oklahoma Sooner All-Time Rushing Yards Leader

  • @baconhound said:

    You could get... Perine in 3rd or 4th.

    Valerie? (AKA Montana Wildhack... "May we have the night curtain, please?" - Billy Pilgrim)

    billy%2Bpilgrim%2Band%2Bmontana.jpg

    @tour2ma said:

    Valerie? (AKA Montana Wildhack... "May we have the night curtain, please?" - Billy Pilgrim)

    billy%2Bpilgrim%2Band%2Bmontana.jpg

    Schlachthof-fΓΌnf,"

  • Jawohl!

    My favorite book and an underrated movie...