Philly Pick Watch...
-
this franchise has been HISTORICALLY bad since it's reinception. maybe the 'it has been written so it shall be done' needs to happen before the eyes and ears of the owner and future owners know their place is and what their legacy means to such a storied frnchise.
i want wins too but not at the cost of a player who might be the one to turn it all around.
-
giants need the game tomorrow night but it's a division rival and seen the gints choke too many times here to say auto chalk it up as a win. if that pick falls anywhere in the top ten i'm happy. use the number 1 pick on trubisky then let the phone calls begin.
-
One win. We still get Allen or Garrett, no big deal. Better than being the worst you could possibly ever be.
-
There's a part of me that says one win and the second pick would actually be a blessing. The stress and pressure of the first pick is extreme. Like you said, we're still getting an ABSURD talent at #2, AND we wouldn't be 0-16. Allen certainly fits with our scheme, although I'm quite certain we could find a use for Garrett, LOL. I remember people wondering how Joey Bosa would fit into a 3-4 defense (heck, I was one of them). Apparently, that problem is nonexistent. Bosa is having the best rookie season of any pass rusher in the past dozen years or maybe longer. No...we didn't want him I guess. *sigh* Ogbah has at least been playing better, and I'd LOVE for him to get 3 more sacks during these last games. Rivers can get rid of the ball quickly, and he's NOT the kind of guy you want to blitz, but he's also slow. Cmon Ogbah! We also got Coleman in the draft, but I wouldn't expect much out of him. Griffin can't get him the ball, the field will be frozen, and good luck trying to complete a deep ball. It'll be another 3 catch day for around 20 yards. Each catch probably coming on that quick hitter, hoping that Coleman breaks 47 tackles for a first down.
I'd love to know just what our team's plans are for the QB position. I've been hearing a reoccurring theme lately from fans and from a couple writers, and that's to draft a QB super early, AND trade for a veteran such as Garoppolo or even Glennon. I'm not sure that I agree with that, but I can understand it. Basically, put as many bullets into the gun as possible and see which one fires. Problem with that is, we have SO MANY other needs, we can't really afford to invest that heavily in ONE position.
Right now, we really don't have any idea how the QB's will be rated. The rankings always change in the months leading up to the draft, unless you have a Luck or Winston declaring. Heck, I've seen Watson in the 2nd round, and I've seen him in the top ten. If someone put a gun to my head and made me guess, I'd say that Kizer's arrow will begin to point upward, and he'll gather momentum. Teams will fall in love with his build, his arm, and his combine results. They'll say that Notre Dame was such a shit show, he did the best anybody could. Mitch will slightly tail off because of his lack of starting experience, and he'll be the second QB taken. Watson will still go in the first, but won't be top ten. Mitch makes quick decisions and fires an accurate ball. Picking at #2, Chip Kelly will have a hard time passing on Mitch, but I think he will. Problem is, the Bears and Jets still need a QB, and they both pick before our Eagles pick. Wish we knew the price of trading for Garoppolo...that's where I'm leaning right now.
-
PFFFTTTT!!!!!
this browns team is the worst, everyone knows it, so WTF? who gives a shit, really in the big scheme? who gives a friggin fuck. number one pick. take it. use it.
scared is no way to go thru life.
-
Well this top 10 pick is going up in smoke pretty fast. Philly 14-0 in 5 minutes.
-
Well this top 10 pick is going up in smoke pretty fast. Philly 14-0 in 5 minutes.
Well this top 10 pick is going up in smoke pretty fast. Philly 14-0 in 5 minutes.
Yup, watched it all. Manning played like Mud Hen. Pick 6 another int, and errant deep throws Wentz outplayed him.
-
Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.
-
Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.
Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.
...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.
-
I think it matters more in the player we take with that pick and not what number for draft position. 8 or 12 doesn't really matter if you can't evaluate and pick talent.
-
Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.
...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.
-
We played the giants this year, remember? Josh McCown, 25/43, 322 yards, 1TD, no picks.
Next question?
-
I figured Philly would win this game. The NYG are a pretender, and the Thurs games are garbage...not a good combo for a road game.
As far as the draft, with 5 of the first 65, they should be set. No reason to trade. While hitting on all 5 is unlikely, I still like the odds despite our track record.
NO Jimmy G for me. It's a mental mismatch trading with Belichick, don't do it.
-
The game basically unfolded EXACTLY how I thought it would. I even said the Giants were a puzzling team, and you never knew who would show up. They had so many damn chances to win the game, they basically deserved to lose, and they did.
-
Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.
...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.
...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.
So you think he didn't have a good game?
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/22/14066716/eagles-giants-2016-results-score-carson-wentz
-
...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.
So you think he didn't have a good game?
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/22/14066716/eagles-giants-2016-results-score-carson-wentz
So you think he didn't have a good game?
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/22/14066716/eagles-giants-2016-results-score-carson-wentz
I think he played ok. A 40-yard TD always looks pretty when you read about it, but it was play action to an open receiver. Not a gimme, and not something I'm banking on RG3 to make every time I guess, but I expect McCown, Kessler, or even Hoyer or Manziel to make. Outside of that, 12/23 for 113 yards and a pick.
I'm saying, it's not like he was unplayable, and in fact McCown had better stats against them than Wentz did. If our D had held the giants to 19 points, while adding a touchdown, things would have been a lot more interesting.
-
So you think he didn't have a good game?
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/22/14066716/eagles-giants-2016-results-score-carson-wentz
I think he played ok. A 40-yard TD always looks pretty when you read about it, but it was play action to an open receiver. Not a gimme, and not something I'm banking on RG3 to make every time I guess, but I expect McCown, Kessler, or even Hoyer or Manziel to make. Outside of that, 12/23 for 113 yards and a pick.
I'm saying, it's not like he was unplayable, and in fact McCown had better stats against them than Wentz did. If our D had held the giants to 19 points, while adding a touchdown, things would have been a lot more interesting.
-
Sure. We should cut everyone on the team because we lost lots this season. Everyone on the eagles' team is better.
-
We played the giants this year, remember? Josh McCown, 25/43, 322 yards, 1TD, no picks.
Next question?
-
yes.
mccown or wentz? tough guy.
"better than what we got or have had in decades"
That's what you said. Wentz isn't all that, certainly not this year. Maybe he goes on to be the next big ben, maybe he goes on to be the next blake bortles, difficult to tell right now. But I'm not shitting bricks over passing on him. Andrew Luck he isn't.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

