Skip to content

Philly Pick Watch...

The Browns Board
48 20 2.0k
  • I think it matters more in the player we take with that pick and not what number for draft position. 8 or 12 doesn't really matter if you can't evaluate and pick talent.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    @gftchris said:

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    against the gints and their D on a nationally televised game?

    better than what we got or have had in decades. still like wentz. he will be their guy for 15 years.

    the browns?,,,,?,,,,

  • We played the giants this year, remember? Josh McCown, 25/43, 322 yards, 1TD, no picks.

    Next question?

  • I figured Philly would win this game. The NYG are a pretender, and the Thurs games are garbage...not a good combo for a road game.

    As far as the draft, with 5 of the first 65, they should be set. No reason to trade. While hitting on all 5 is unlikely, I still like the odds despite our track record.

    NO Jimmy G for me. It's a mental mismatch trading with Belichick, don't do it.

  • The game basically unfolded EXACTLY how I thought it would. I even said the Giants were a puzzling team, and you never knew who would show up. They had so many damn chances to win the game, they basically deserved to lose, and they did.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    @gftchris said:

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    So you think he didn't have a good game?

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/22/14066716/eagles-giants-2016-results-score-carson-wentz

  • @gftchris said:

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    So you think he didn't have a good game?

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/12/22/14066716/eagles-giants-2016-results-score-carson-wentz

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think he played ok. A 40-yard TD always looks pretty when you read about it, but it was play action to an open receiver. Not a gimme, and not something I'm banking on RG3 to make every time I guess, but I expect McCown, Kessler, or even Hoyer or Manziel to make. Outside of that, 12/23 for 113 yards and a pick.

    I'm saying, it's not like he was unplayable, and in fact McCown had better stats against them than Wentz did. If our D had held the giants to 19 points, while adding a touchdown, things would have been a lot more interesting.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think he played ok. A 40-yard TD always looks pretty when you read about it, but it was play action to an open receiver. Not a gimme, and not something I'm banking on RG3 to make every time I guess, but I expect McCown, Kessler, or even Hoyer or Manziel to make. Outside of that, 12/23 for 113 yards and a pick.

    I'm saying, it's not like he was unplayable, and in fact McCown had better stats against them than Wentz did. If our D had held the giants to 19 points, while adding a touchdown, things would have been a lot more interesting.

    @gftchris said:

    I'm saying, it's not like he was unplayable, and in fact McCown had better stats against them than Wentz did.

    0-1 LOL 😛

  • Sure. We should cut everyone on the team because we lost lots this season. Everyone on the eagles' team is better.

  • We played the giants this year, remember? Josh McCown, 25/43, 322 yards, 1TD, no picks.

    Next question?

    @gftchris said:

    We played the giants this year, remember? Josh McCown, 25/43, 322 yards, 1TD, no picks.

    Next question?

    yes.

    mccown or wentz? tough guy.

  • @gftchris said:

    We played the giants this year, remember? Josh McCown, 25/43, 322 yards, 1TD, no picks.

    Next question?

    yes.

    mccown or wentz? tough guy.

    @miktoxic said:

    yes.

    mccown or wentz? tough guy.

    "better than what we got or have had in decades"

    That's what you said. Wentz isn't all that, certainly not this year. Maybe he goes on to be the next big ben, maybe he goes on to be the next blake bortles, difficult to tell right now. But I'm not shitting bricks over passing on him. Andrew Luck he isn't.

  • For a guy coming out of lower level college ball, he is doing better than anyone should have expected in a forced 1st year.

  • flipping giants d killed me in fantasy

  • PFFFTTTT!!!!!

    this browns team is the worst, everyone knows it, so WTF? who gives a shit, really in the big scheme? who gives a friggin fuck. number one pick. take it. use it.

    scared is no way to go thru life.

    @miktoxic said:

    PFFFTTTT!!!!!

    this browns team is the worst, everyone knows it, so WTF? who gives a shit, really in the big scheme? who gives a friggin fuck. number one pick. take it. use it.

    scared is no way to go thru life.

    We've failed spectacularly with a couple of exceptions in the first round since 1999- Now is not the time to chicken out and trade the #1 for more picks.

  • sydS syd

    flipping giants d killed me in fantasy

    @syd said:

    flipping giants d killed me in fantasy

    I dropped them 10 minutes before kickoff and picked up GB..... Hopefully it'll pay off.

  • @syd said:

    flipping giants d killed me in fantasy

    I dropped them 10 minutes before kickoff and picked up GB..... Hopefully it'll pay off.

    @d-bone said:

    I dropped them 10 minutes before kickoff and picked up GB..... Hopefully it'll pay off.

    champoinship weekend ,hell ya

    wish i had dropped em got a wopping 3 points outta em and as far as philly's pick whatever it's still gonna be a top ten

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, remember that franchise QB the Browns always want to chase? Wouldn't you know the one they didn't chase is him. That was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league hungry to stay in the chase with the Cowboys. All in THE PLAN.

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    I think Wentz like having Lane Johnson back... adnd JPP out.

    @gftchris said:

    ...and he completed 13/24 passes for ~150 yards, a touchdown and a pick. Shredded that D, clearly.

    Never let facts get in the way of a negative take...

  • Philly is now tied for 9th with Carolina who plays at the Bucs while Philly is hosting the Boys who have no reason to waste players in a useless win. They can end up anywhere from 9th to 13th or so.

  • Philly is now tied for 9th with Carolina who plays at the Bucs while Philly is hosting the Boys who have no reason to waste players in a useless win. They can end up anywhere from 9th to 13th or so.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Philly is now tied for 9th with Carolina who plays at the Bucs while Philly is hosting the Boys who have no reason to waste players in a useless win. They can end up anywhere from 9th to 13th or so.

    Thanks for the update Aggies. That should still get us a very good football player. The cupboards are bare enough to where BPA will match a big need.