Skip to content

Joe Thomas selected to his 10th consecutive Pro Bowl

The Browns Board
37 22 1.5k
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #1

    Sets a new Browns record in the process.

    Somewhere Ghoolie's head is exploding. . .

    http://www.wkyc.com/sports/nfl/browns/joe-thomas-makes-cleveland-browns-history-with-10th-pro-bowl-nod/375403056

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #2

    One of the GOAT

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #3

    And Glass Joe was selected as an alternate.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #4

    Congrats Joe Thomas!! Gumby"73" A Decade recap celebration of my favorite NFL Player...Joe Thomas was 1st Team Big Ten in 05 & 06. Outland Award also in 06. Phil Savage drafted JT at #3 in 07 Draft.(the fishing with dad was better than the NFL hand shakes) Yep, JT made 1st team Pro Bowl his 1st Season but in 08 was the only season JT was a 2nd Team Pro Bowler(enter Boooo Here) from 09-2016 all 1st Team Pro Bowler at LT.. It's Browns Football on Sundays.. but Thank You Lord theirs a Joe Thomas out there at LT on Sunday's 🙂

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Still a VERY good left tackle.

    Never a road grading run blocker...but one of the best pass blockers the Browns have ever had. Great guy. Great team mate. (and he never stick whipped a child)

    It's about time to draft his replacement to play RT until it's time to take over.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #6

    How the hell does Ben Roethlisberger make the Pro Bowl this year? Amari Cooper too.

    Luke Kuechly made the Pro Bowl only playing a few games. Interesting.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Joe will play forever...

    He actually seemed to have slowed down a beat vs. Cinci. His kick drop did not have the same snap in it.

    Vs. BUF he was back to the Joe I saw all last year. He was a kick-step deep before anyone on either Line had moved. Live I was expecting flags for false starts that never came.

    I'm guessing he was nursing something in the Bengals game.

  • How the hell does Ben Roethlisberger make the Pro Bowl this year? Amari Cooper too.

    Luke Kuechly made the Pro Bowl only playing a few games. Interesting.

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @wargograw said:

    How the hell does Ben Roethlisberger make the Pro Bowl this year? Amari Cooper too.

    Luke Kuechly made the Pro Bowl only playing a few games. Interesting.

    Ben is one of the best to ever play the game.

  • How the hell does Ben Roethlisberger make the Pro Bowl this year? Amari Cooper too.

    Luke Kuechly made the Pro Bowl only playing a few games. Interesting.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @wargograw said:

    How the hell does Ben Roethlisberger make the Pro Bowl this year? Amari Cooper too.

    Luke Kuechly made the Pro Bowl only playing a few games. Interesting.

    The rapist is pretty popular for his bug on windshield imitation.
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #10

    There's a lot of inertia in reputations that have been firmly established. Both Ben and Luke have it in spades. Both flashed enough of their past form to earn them their 2016 spot.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Thomas assuming he plays for 3-4 more years should seriously be considered the GOAT at the Left Tackle position. What he's doing at the position and how good he keeps playing is honestly unprecedented.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #12

    And they are going to play Dodgeball. Hmmm, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #13

    JT must be getting to the point in his career where he's thinking about life after football.

    He's recently become a partner in a restaurant (Mission BBQ) that has locations in Canton & Parma.

    They have a military oriented theme, with very good food.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Joe is a great player, unfortunately the Browns are still 0-14 but if we add in last year we are 3-27.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Pro bowl means shit.

  • Pro bowl means shit.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Pro bowl means I gotta have it love it means the world to me

    woo hoo have a drink on me

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Joe Thomas rocks. I hope he wants to stay with the Browns. And he is part owner of Mission BBQ?

    We're taking our friends staying with us then, from NC, there right after Christmas. Canton Mike speaks

    very highly of it.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #18

    The Golden Boyz were talking about JT today. Goldhammer was trying to question his position as an all time great Brown because he has never been to the playoffs. He also said something about how Orlando Pace played in a Superbowl.

    I understand that Goldhammer is a malignant narcissist who has made a living off of trolling Browns fans, but this one is just too obvious. How the hell is it Joe's fault that the Browns have spent his entire career looking for a viable QB? I guess a guy who didn't earn his job on his own merit would be the type of guy to confuse football with golf.

  • The Golden Boyz were talking about JT today. Goldhammer was trying to question his position as an all time great Brown because he has never been to the playoffs. He also said something about how Orlando Pace played in a Superbowl.

    I understand that Goldhammer is a malignant narcissist who has made a living off of trolling Browns fans, but this one is just too obvious. How the hell is it Joe's fault that the Browns have spent his entire career looking for a viable QB? I guess a guy who didn't earn his job on his own merit would be the type of guy to confuse football with golf.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @roycerolls said:

    The Golden Boyz were talking about JT today. Goldhammer was trying to question his position as an all time great Brown because he has never been to the playoffs. He also said something about how Orlando Pace played in a Superbowl.

    I understand that Goldhammer is a malignant narcissist who has made a living off of trolling Browns fans, but this one is just too obvious. How the hell is it Joe's fault that the Browns have spent his entire career looking for a viable QB? I guess a guy who didn't earn his job on his own merit would be the type of guy to confuse football with golf.

    I agree Thomas is an all-time Brown. What I don't understand is why he hasn't asked to be traded behind the scenes. I guess I kinda question why a professional athlete who is competitive would resign himself to being a perennial loser when he could go to a team with a chance of winning. It just seems odd.

  • @roycerolls said:

    The Golden Boyz were talking about JT today. Goldhammer was trying to question his position as an all time great Brown because he has never been to the playoffs. He also said something about how Orlando Pace played in a Superbowl.

    I understand that Goldhammer is a malignant narcissist who has made a living off of trolling Browns fans, but this one is just too obvious. How the hell is it Joe's fault that the Browns have spent his entire career looking for a viable QB? I guess a guy who didn't earn his job on his own merit would be the type of guy to confuse football with golf.

    I agree Thomas is an all-time Brown. What I don't understand is why he hasn't asked to be traded behind the scenes. I guess I kinda question why a professional athlete who is competitive would resign himself to being a perennial loser when he could go to a team with a chance of winning. It just seems odd.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @baconhound said:

    I agree Thomas is an all-time Brown. What I don't understand is why he hasn't asked to be traded behind the scenes. I guess I kinda question why a professional athlete who is competitive would resign himself to being a perennial loser when he could go to a team with a chance of winning. It just seems odd.

    odd how ? and who are to question someone's character