Skip to content

To win or not to win?

The Browns Board
59 24 2.8k
  • @bob806 said:

    Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

    I think it happens tommorrow. The Chargers have quit.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mark-o said:

    I think it happens tommorrow. The Chargers have quit.

    Hope so.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I could probably look this up but who gets the 1st pick if SF and the Browns are both 1-15? Either way, I definitely want the Browns to at least one game to avoid the dubious company of going winless. If it does happen though I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #9

    They do. We have the highest strength of schedule - maybe in the league? Maybe I'm misremembering.

  • I could probably look this up but who gets the 1st pick if SF and the Browns are both 1-15? Either way, I definitely want the Browns to at least one game to avoid the dubious company of going winless. If it does happen though I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @jrb12711 said:

    I could probably look this up but who gets the 1st pick if SF and the Browns are both 1-15? Either way, I definitely want the Browns to at least one game to avoid the dubious company of going winless. If it does happen though I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

    Been down this road many times. The logic is if the record is identical, the team that played the weakest schedule is "worse". That's the 49ers. There's additional tiebreakers if SOS is identical, but they won't come into play for the Browns.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    If you vote for the draft pick, you're a fucking homo, 'nuff said.

    Zombo

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #12

    If the Browns could win their last two games, especially kick pittspukes' cheapshot asses...

    I want that. You could get Trubisky anyways, maybe Allen or Garrett anyways...and it would charge up the confidence

    to start winning next year.

    This year, even losing to the Chargers, and somehow beating the squealers in their last game (Kessler would have to come in...)

    ....would make for a great end to a dismal season.

  • BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
    #13

    As Al Davis used to say....."just win, baby!"

  • Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
    #14

    @bob806 said:

    Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

    Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

    You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

    You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

    I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

  • If you vote for the draft pick, you're a fucking homo, 'nuff said.

    Zombo

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Zombo said:

    If you vote for the draft pick, you're a fucking homo, 'nuff said.

    Zombo

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

  • @bob806 said:

    Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

    Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

    You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

    You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

    I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @stinkhole said:

    Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

    You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

    You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

    I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

    Lol ... There is no fucking way you guys beat Baltimore.

    Z

  • @bob806 said:

    Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

    Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

    You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

    You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

    I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #17

    @stinkhole said:

    ... and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

    Interesting, an asterisk.

    I don't see any asterisks for the Steeler win in 1978 when Steelers fumbled the OT kickoff and Browns recovered.

    I don't see an asterisk when Lynn Swan spit in Ron Boldens face on a GW TD catch in 1979.

    I don't see an asterisk from the Immaculate Deflection or the referee-gate SB win over Seattle.

    Damn, I got issues. Cracking open some Jim Beam now.

    Merry Christmas anyway.

  • Zombo said:

    If you vote for the draft pick, you're a fucking homo, 'nuff said.

    Zombo

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

  • @hoorta said:

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Zombo said:

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

  • Zombo said:

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I want them to win more than ever...win win win....

  • @mark-o said:

    I think it happens tommorrow. The Chargers have quit.

    Hope so.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @bob806 said:

    Hope so.

    it is also a long flight and a Christmas eve game so I am sure most or their players just want to get home to their families Browns win big

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #23

    It sure would be nice to have something good to talk about this weekend. Even Vegas wants them to win.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #24

    I would like them to have a least ONE freakin' day that they can look at each other and smile.

    ...I wonder how many HOF'ers played on a winless team...

  • @hoorta said:

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Zombo said:

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

    But on the other Homo board, the vote was a lot closer. 🙂

  • Zombo said:

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

    But on the other Homo board, the vote was a lot closer. 🙂

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @hoorta said:

    But on the other Homo board, the vote was a lot closer. 🙂

    That's because they're all homos.

    Zombo