Skip to content

To win or not to win?

The Browns Board
59 24 2.8k
  • @bob806 said:

    Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

    Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

    You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

    You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

    I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #17

    @stinkhole said:

    ... and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

    Interesting, an asterisk.

    I don't see any asterisks for the Steeler win in 1978 when Steelers fumbled the OT kickoff and Browns recovered.

    I don't see an asterisk when Lynn Swan spit in Ron Boldens face on a GW TD catch in 1979.

    I don't see an asterisk from the Immaculate Deflection or the referee-gate SB win over Seattle.

    Damn, I got issues. Cracking open some Jim Beam now.

    Merry Christmas anyway.

  • Zombo said:

    If you vote for the draft pick, you're a fucking homo, 'nuff said.

    Zombo

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

  • @hoorta said:

    Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. 😆

    Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Zombo said:

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

  • Zombo said:

    Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

    Z

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I want them to win more than ever...win win win....

  • @mark-o said:

    I think it happens tommorrow. The Chargers have quit.

    Hope so.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @bob806 said:

    Hope so.

    it is also a long flight and a Christmas eve game so I am sure most or their players just want to get home to their families Browns win big

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #23

    It sure would be nice to have something good to talk about this weekend. Even Vegas wants them to win.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #24

    I would like them to have a least ONE freakin' day that they can look at each other and smile.

    ...I wonder how many HOF'ers played on a winless team...

  • @hoorta said:

    Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Zombo said:

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

    But on the other Homo board, the vote was a lot closer. 🙂

  • Zombo said:

    So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

    Zombo

    But on the other Homo board, the vote was a lot closer. 🙂

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @hoorta said:

    But on the other Homo board, the vote was a lot closer. 🙂

    That's because they're all homos.

    Zombo

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I'm still waiting for my first Browns win. 🙁

  • @mark-o said:

    I think it happens tommorrow. The Chargers have quit.

    Hope so.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #28

    @bob806 said:

    Hope so.

    why? beat the chargers? big fuckin whoop.

    #1 pick? BIG FUCKIN WHOOP!!

    yeah the chargers win will go do in browns history while ur kickin rocks and we still have no QB in 3 years.

  • @bob806 said:

    Hope so.

    why? beat the chargers? big fuckin whoop.

    #1 pick? BIG FUCKIN WHOOP!!

    yeah the chargers win will go do in browns history while ur kickin rocks and we still have no QB in 3 years.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @miktoxic said:

    why? beat the chargers? big fuckin whoop.

    #1 pick? BIG FUCKIN WHOOP!!

    yeah the chargers win will go do in browns history while ur kickin rocks and we still have no QB in 3 years.

    The #1 pick is only a big fuckin' whoop if the guy kicks ass.

    So what QB are you advocating with this #1 pick?

  • I'm still waiting for my first Browns win. 🙁

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    "One said:

    I'm still waiting for my first Browns win. 🙁

    You may be waiting for a long time.

  • @miktoxic said:

    why? beat the chargers? big fuckin whoop.

    #1 pick? BIG FUCKIN WHOOP!!

    yeah the chargers win will go do in browns history while ur kickin rocks and we still have no QB in 3 years.

    The #1 pick is only a big fuckin' whoop if the guy kicks ass.

    So what QB are you advocating with this #1 pick?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @bob806 said:

    The #1 pick is only a big fuckin' whoop if the guy kicks ass.

    So what QB are you advocating with this #1 pick?

    i don't know, really. just saying if you have the #1 you have it. no calling and having to give up picks to move up one spot etc. etc.

    please be 0 and 16 so these guys can look back and it and say 'never again!'

  • @bob806 said:

    The #1 pick is only a big fuckin' whoop if the guy kicks ass.

    So what QB are you advocating with this #1 pick?

    i don't know, really. just saying if you have the #1 you have it. no calling and having to give up picks to move up one spot etc. etc.

    please be 0 and 16 so these guys can look back and it and say 'never again!'

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @miktoxic said:

    i don't know, really. just saying if you have the #1 you have it. no calling and having to give up picks to move up one spot etc. etc.

    please be 0 and 16 so these guys can look back and it and say 'never again!'

    I don't know either.

    This losing shit is getting old. That's why I want to see a win. I'm working today, luck of the draw, so to make my Xmas Eve happier, win the game.

    If our FO has properly analyzed things, they know trading picks doesn't work around here.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i don't know, really. just saying if you have the #1 you have it. no calling and having to give up picks to move up one spot etc. etc.

    please be 0 and 16 so these guys can look back and it and say 'never again!'

    I don't know either.

    This losing shit is getting old. That's why I want to see a win. I'm working today, luck of the draw, so to make my Xmas Eve happier, win the game.

    If our FO has properly analyzed things, they know trading picks doesn't work around here.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @bob806 said:

    I don't know either.

    This losing shit is getting old. That's why I want to see a win. I'm working today, luck of the draw, so to make my Xmas Eve happier, win the game.

    If our FO has properly analyzed things, they know trading picks doesn't work around here.

    i get the winning....i really do. BUT the season is gone and half of these guys will be at the end of the year. doesn't really mean anything except a piece of confidence going into the offseason. players don't give a shit when playing the back nine at sawgrass, smokin stoges and laughing it up with their buddies who play for other teams.

    betcha the chargers want this win more so as not to be the one that gave up the win to this hopeless mess of a team.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Nobody at the number one spot is worth being picked there. The second and third will be just as big a risk and cost a few bucks less.

    WSS

  • Nobody at the number one spot is worth being picked there. The second and third will be just as big a risk and cost a few bucks less.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @westside-steve said:

    Nobody at the number one spot is worth being picked there. The second and third will be just as big a risk and cost a few bucks less.

    WSS

  • "One said:

    I'm still waiting for my first Browns win. 🙁

    You may be waiting for a long time.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @hoorta said:

    You may be waiting for a long time.

    Only about 5 hours as it turns out...