***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***
-
Thank you God! We needed that win!!! GO BROWNS!!!!
Thank you God! We needed that win!!! GO BROWNS!!!!
Makes me believe in Santa all over again!!!
Cap it off with a new years steeler victory!!!!
Thanks Santa!
Cancel that stupid parade
Nice TEAM win...
Joe Thomas showing nothing but pure emotion in the locker room with the tears.
I couldn't bring myself to not see him as part of this team.
Now please go ahead and beat the Squealers New Years.....we can't finish any worse than the #2 pick regardless.
Hell yes to all of the above....
Hue, all the players & coaches, and most of all, us fans who wanted to win....all deserved and enjoyed this!....
One of the few games Ill remember.....forever......thanks to the Browns(players) for giving us at least one sliver of joy for 2016.....

-
wow. clear the path to super greatness. we beat a bad friggin team, prob almost as bad as we are yet with more talent. feel great about the win? half you idiots sound like ur 12 years old: "thank god!' "thank santa!'
well if you like make-believe you can go watch star wars..............nerds.
PFFFFTTTT!
This forum is Browns fans.
Fans.
Fanatics.
People that our proud of their franchise history and didn't want to go 0-16.
If you are trying to be the new Ghoolie, you are failing miserably
You need to mention penises a lot more.
Zombo
Zombo said:
You need to mention penises a lot more.
Zombo
and they're dancing in the streets everyone!!
the guy can take the BAG off his head and and you can take the penis and ballBAG out of your mouth.
how's that?
-
Zombo said:
You need to mention penises a lot more.
Zombo
and they're dancing in the streets everyone!!
the guy can take the BAG off his head and and you can take the penis and ballBAG out of your mouth.
how's that?
and they're dancing in the streets everyone!!
the guy can take the BAG off his head and and you can take the penis and ballBAG out of your mouth.
how's that?
Cranky today. They must have closed your wateringhole for Christmas and now you've got to suck black dick in the alley instead of the nice warm restroom.
Z
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
-
That bad team does have a couple of HOFers. QB and the. Not the best team but still NFL.
-
nobody "cheered" for him to do well against us. We're acknowledging that he would have made a heck of a Brown. Yet another stud pass rusher/run defender we passed on. It is what it is. But yeah im an OSU homer so I hope he does well in the NFL, even against us. HOpe we beat the chargers but also want him to do well.
how many games bosa play so far in his illustrious career?
exactly.
fuck that big nosed stromboli.
-
I spoketh too soon Mark saw those sucky Niners actually won. Hate to say it Mark- GO RAVENS! So the Steelers have to play their starters. You wouldn't want a win against their scrubs, or would you?

Now you want the Browns to lose to the Steelers?
This #1 draft pick better be Otto Fucking Graham. And #2 better be horseshit.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Now you want the Browns to lose to the Steelers?
This #1 draft pick better be Otto Fucking Graham. And #2 better be horseshit.
Zombo
So if we draft second, and the 49ers take the next Joe Montana- you're not going to be pissed off? Wentz might just be the real deal- too early to tell. Yup, I'm the master of coulda, shoulda. Like Aaron Rodgers when we had the chance- I won't bore you with the other Pro Bowlers we missed on.
OK, I'll be honest. at the price of losing the #1 overall pick? Well, let me put it to you this way Z. Weeeeeee!!! In the big scheme of things we won a pretty meaningless game and acted like we won the freaking Super Bowl. So we get lumped in with the other nine (I had to look it up) crap teams that finished 1-15. Aw shucks, we join that club of as member 10, instead of joining the 2008 Lions in a club of two. Big whoop. Can't hardly wait to hear the condescending whitewashed comments about the Browns leading up to Draft Day 2017.Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16. Assuming the Steelers lose to the Ratbirds, the game against the Steelers is most likely their playoff game before the playoffs. You want to show me some real improvement Browns- beat a team playing for something on the road. Toads.
Zombo said:
This forum is Browns fans.
Fans.
Fanatics.
People that our proud of their franchise history and didn't want to go 0-16.
If you are trying to be the new Ghoolie, you are failing miserably
Zombo
Nah- just be a Curmudgeon. Proud? I'm ashamed of this effort Z, so ashamed at this point in the season- I can't be any more ashamed if they lose, or get excited about a totally meaningless win. We wrote a new history of Browns failure this year- if you're going to FAIL don't be half ass about it. Niners losing to the Rams made my day, you can be a near epic failure, and still get the Brass Ring of the #1 pick.
-
About 4-5 less than our starters and he still has double the sacks of our top guy
so you're rating him against someone on the browns?
HAHA!!!!
the best ability in the NFL is availability. joey 'my toenail hurts' bosa.
-
Zombo said:
Now you want the Browns to lose to the Steelers?
This #1 draft pick better be Otto Fucking Graham. And #2 better be horseshit.
Zombo
So if we draft second, and the 49ers take the next Joe Montana- you're not going to be pissed off? Wentz might just be the real deal- too early to tell. Yup, I'm the master of coulda, shoulda. Like Aaron Rodgers when we had the chance- I won't bore you with the other Pro Bowlers we missed on.
OK, I'll be honest. at the price of losing the #1 overall pick? Well, let me put it to you this way Z. Weeeeeee!!! In the big scheme of things we won a pretty meaningless game and acted like we won the freaking Super Bowl. So we get lumped in with the other nine (I had to look it up) crap teams that finished 1-15. Aw shucks, we join that club of as member 10, instead of joining the 2008 Lions in a club of two. Big whoop. Can't hardly wait to hear the condescending whitewashed comments about the Browns leading up to Draft Day 2017.Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16. Assuming the Steelers lose to the Ratbirds, the game against the Steelers is most likely their playoff game before the playoffs. You want to show me some real improvement Browns- beat a team playing for something on the road. Toads.
Zombo said:
This forum is Browns fans.
Fans.
Fanatics.
People that our proud of their franchise history and didn't want to go 0-16.
If you are trying to be the new Ghoolie, you are failing miserably
Zombo
Nah- just be a Curmudgeon. Proud? I'm ashamed of this effort Z, so ashamed at this point in the season- I can't be any more ashamed if they lose, or get excited about a totally meaningless win. We wrote a new history of Browns failure this year- if you're going to FAIL don't be half ass about it. Niners losing to the Rams made my day, you can be a near epic failure, and still get the Brass Ring of the #1 pick.
Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16And OUR kicker missed 3 FG's against Miami. The Dolphins were the damn lucky ones there.
Yes, we're bad. VERY bad. For the vast majority of the season we looked like we shouldn't win a game.
And we have a terrible defense....but against San Diego, our D actually got off the field and made enough plays to preserve a win.
If you've ever been a player on a team....then you know what it's like to lose...and you know what it's like to win.
The difference between zero wins and one win is emotionally huge. The difference between one and two wins is meh...
That's why most everyone appreciates this victory so much...because it was huge. And if you can't understand that...then...
(I'm not going to finish the statement)
-
Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16
And OUR kicker missed 3 FG's against Miami. The Dolphins were the damn lucky ones there.
Yes, we're bad. VERY bad. For the vast majority of the season we looked like we shouldn't win a game.
And we have a terrible defense....but against San Diego, our D actually got off the field and made enough plays to preserve a win.
If you've ever been a player on a team....then you know what it's like to lose...and you know what it's like to win.
The difference between zero wins and one win is emotionally huge. The difference between one and two wins is meh...
That's why most everyone appreciates this victory so much...because it was huge. And if you can't understand that...then...
(I'm not going to finish the statement)
And OUR kicker missed 3 FG's against Miami. The Dolphins were the damn lucky ones there.
Yes, we're bad. VERY bad. For the vast majority of the season we looked like we shouldn't win a game.
And we have a terrible defense....but against San Diego, our D actually got off the field and made enough plays to preserve a win.
If you've ever been a player on a team....then you know what it's like to lose...and you know what it's like to win.
The difference between zero wins and one win is emotionally huge. The difference between one and two wins is meh...
That's why most everyone appreciates this victory so much...because it was huge. And if you can't understand that...then...
(I'm not going to finish the statement)
Great post!
It was nice to finally see an officiating crew that didn't sock it to us like the one that yanked the Baltimore game right out of our players' hands. I'm sure we deserved to be flagged a lot this year; but it didn't seem like crews were just as willing to notice our opponents lining up offsides or call those holds or blocks in the backs or pass interference penalties right in front of their faces.
Did anyone see the video of how emotional Joe Thomas was when they gave the game ball to Hue? When we finished 10-6 in his rookie year (2007), he probably had no idea he'd have tears of joy and extreme relief just winning 1 game near the end of his 10th consecutive Pro Bowl season. Our Front Office has an ideal opportunity to giddy-up and get after it for this guy and the unparalleled loyalty of our fan base..
Jim Brown might have only been sitting 1 empty chair away from Jimmy and Dee Haslam but his reaction to just 1 win for the proud tradition he was a big part of looked a lot like he was thinking "I'm not going to approve or celebrate a 1 win barometer here." Right now I'm in my giddy beggers can't be choosey mood; but I'm also thankful there's a best of all time presence in the room that won't hesitate to speak his mind about what is acceptable here.
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long a year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Exactly...
-
Zombo said:
Now you want the Browns to lose to the Steelers?
This #1 draft pick better be Otto Fucking Graham. And #2 better be horseshit.
Zombo
So if we draft second, and the 49ers take the next Joe Montana- you're not going to be pissed off? Wentz might just be the real deal- too early to tell. Yup, I'm the master of coulda, shoulda. Like Aaron Rodgers when we had the chance- I won't bore you with the other Pro Bowlers we missed on.
OK, I'll be honest. at the price of losing the #1 overall pick? Well, let me put it to you this way Z. Weeeeeee!!! In the big scheme of things we won a pretty meaningless game and acted like we won the freaking Super Bowl. So we get lumped in with the other nine (I had to look it up) crap teams that finished 1-15. Aw shucks, we join that club of as member 10, instead of joining the 2008 Lions in a club of two. Big whoop. Can't hardly wait to hear the condescending whitewashed comments about the Browns leading up to Draft Day 2017.Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16. Assuming the Steelers lose to the Ratbirds, the game against the Steelers is most likely their playoff game before the playoffs. You want to show me some real improvement Browns- beat a team playing for something on the road. Toads.
Zombo said:
This forum is Browns fans.
Fans.
Fanatics.
People that our proud of their franchise history and didn't want to go 0-16.
If you are trying to be the new Ghoolie, you are failing miserably
Zombo
Nah- just be a Curmudgeon. Proud? I'm ashamed of this effort Z, so ashamed at this point in the season- I can't be any more ashamed if they lose, or get excited about a totally meaningless win. We wrote a new history of Browns failure this year- if you're going to FAIL don't be half ass about it. Niners losing to the Rams made my day, you can be a near epic failure, and still get the Brass Ring of the #1 pick.
So if we draft second, and the 49ers take the next Joe Montana- you're not going to be pissed off? Wentz might just be the real deal- too early to tell. Yup, I'm the master of coulda, shoulda. Like Aaron Rodgers when we had the chance- I won't bore you with the other Pro Bowlers we missed on.
OK, I'll be honest. at the price of losing the #1 overall pick? Well, let me put it to you this way Z. Weeeeeee!!! In the big scheme of things we won a pretty meaningless game and acted like we won the freaking Super Bowl. So we get lumped in with the other nine (I had to look it up) crap teams that finished 1-15. Aw shucks, we join that club of as member 10, instead of joining the 2008 Lions in a club of two. Big whoop. Can't hardly wait to hear the condescending whitewashed comments about the Browns leading up to Draft Day 2017.Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16. Assuming the Steelers lose to the Ratbirds, the game against the Steelers is most likely their playoff game before the playoffs. You want to show me some real improvement Browns- beat a team playing for something on the road. Toads.
Nah- just be a Curmudgeon. Proud? I'm ashamed of this effort Z, so ashamed at this point in the season- I can't be any more ashamed if they lose, or get excited about a totally meaningless win. We wrote a new history of Browns failure this year- if you're going to FAIL don't be half ass about it. Niners losing to the Rams made my day, you can be a near epic failure, and still get the Brass Ring of the #1 pick.
You, of all people, KNEW we were going to be awful this year.
These guys took over a 3-13 team, let the free agents walk and carried 19 rookies.
It was going to be ugly. We were all buckled down for it.
And then we win a game in the end ... nice ending.
Now we've got twice the draft collateral of anybody else and nowhere to go but up. That was the plan.
To keep bitching about this 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Were you happier at 3-13? I wasn't. I was miserable at the end of last year. I have some hope for this new administration, I see what they are doing, and I'm OK with it.
Certainly I will be expecting major improvement next year. But to keep bellyaching about the 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Zombo
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Zombo said:
We survived the worst,
Zombo
let's hope so. but there's always next year!
-
So if we draft second, and the 49ers take the next Joe Montana- you're not going to be pissed off? Wentz might just be the real deal- too early to tell. Yup, I'm the master of coulda, shoulda. Like Aaron Rodgers when we had the chance- I won't bore you with the other Pro Bowlers we missed on.
OK, I'll be honest. at the price of losing the #1 overall pick? Well, let me put it to you this way Z. Weeeeeee!!! In the big scheme of things we won a pretty meaningless game and acted like we won the freaking Super Bowl. So we get lumped in with the other nine (I had to look it up) crap teams that finished 1-15. Aw shucks, we join that club of as member 10, instead of joining the 2008 Lions in a club of two. Big whoop. Can't hardly wait to hear the condescending whitewashed comments about the Browns leading up to Draft Day 2017.Come on Mr. Berman and Kiper tell it like it is- that 2016 Browns team was Gawdawful, and if the Chargers kicker hadn't gotten one kick blocked and missed another, the Browns were damn lucky they didn't finish 0-16. Assuming the Steelers lose to the Ratbirds, the game against the Steelers is most likely their playoff game before the playoffs. You want to show me some real improvement Browns- beat a team playing for something on the road. Toads.
Nah- just be a Curmudgeon. Proud? I'm ashamed of this effort Z, so ashamed at this point in the season- I can't be any more ashamed if they lose, or get excited about a totally meaningless win. We wrote a new history of Browns failure this year- if you're going to FAIL don't be half ass about it. Niners losing to the Rams made my day, you can be a near epic failure, and still get the Brass Ring of the #1 pick.
You, of all people, KNEW we were going to be awful this year.
These guys took over a 3-13 team, let the free agents walk and carried 19 rookies.
It was going to be ugly. We were all buckled down for it.
And then we win a game in the end ... nice ending.
Now we've got twice the draft collateral of anybody else and nowhere to go but up. That was the plan.
To keep bitching about this 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Were you happier at 3-13? I wasn't. I was miserable at the end of last year. I have some hope for this new administration, I see what they are doing, and I'm OK with it.
Certainly I will be expecting major improvement next year. But to keep bellyaching about the 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Zombo
Zombo said:
You, of all people, KNEW we were going to be awful this year.
These guys took over a 3-13 team, let the free agents walk and carried 19 rookies.
It was going to be ugly. We were all buckled down for it.
And then we win a game in the end ... nice ending.
Now we've got twice the draft collateral of anybody else and nowhere to go but up. That was the plan.
To keep bitching about this 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Were you happier at 3-13? I wasn't. I was miserable at the end of last year. I have some hope for this new administration, I see what they are doing, and I'm OK with it.
Certainly I will be expecting major improvement next year. But to keep bellyaching about the 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Zombo
Well, we've got six days and we can put this miserable season in the rear view mirror. Sure, I predicted only a couple of wins, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I wouldn't call it bitching- I'd call it accurately pointing out the Browns sucked badly this year. Glass half full? I'd call it glass damn near empty- this season. Just call it years of cumulative frustration. The Browns finally drained all the emotion out of me this year. The losses don't hurt anymore, and honesty I didn't get all warm and fuzzy about beating Chargers. We've almost been reduced to the level of Cubs Fans (until this year) but we're not "Lovable Losers", not yet anyway. More like Laughable Losers. Need about another decade of suckage to reach that level.
As you well know my fandom is unquestioned. Season tickets for the last 18 years, road trips to Miami and Nashville, plus three more to Cleveland. Watched every minute of every game when I wasn't at the stadium. A few of those games, it looked like we didn't even belong on the field with the other team. The epitome of high cost low reward. So I think I've earned the right to be unhappy with the current product. Our track record changing Front Offices and Coaches has been less than stellar since 1999, so call me a Grade A skeptic until I see something to be positive about. Sure, we have an incredible amount of draft capital and cap space. Just please don't screw it up this time, I'm not getting any younger.
-
Zombo said:
You, of all people, KNEW we were going to be awful this year.
These guys took over a 3-13 team, let the free agents walk and carried 19 rookies.
It was going to be ugly. We were all buckled down for it.
And then we win a game in the end ... nice ending.
Now we've got twice the draft collateral of anybody else and nowhere to go but up. That was the plan.
To keep bitching about this 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Were you happier at 3-13? I wasn't. I was miserable at the end of last year. I have some hope for this new administration, I see what they are doing, and I'm OK with it.
Certainly I will be expecting major improvement next year. But to keep bellyaching about the 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Zombo
Well, we've got six days and we can put this miserable season in the rear view mirror. Sure, I predicted only a couple of wins, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I wouldn't call it bitching- I'd call it accurately pointing out the Browns sucked badly this year. Glass half full? I'd call it glass damn near empty- this season. Just call it years of cumulative frustration. The Browns finally drained all the emotion out of me this year. The losses don't hurt anymore, and honesty I didn't get all warm and fuzzy about beating Chargers. We've almost been reduced to the level of Cubs Fans (until this year) but we're not "Lovable Losers", not yet anyway. More like Laughable Losers. Need about another decade of suckage to reach that level.
As you well know my fandom is unquestioned. Season tickets for the last 18 years, road trips to Miami and Nashville, plus three more to Cleveland. Watched every minute of every game when I wasn't at the stadium. A few of those games, it looked like we didn't even belong on the field with the other team. The epitome of high cost low reward. So I think I've earned the right to be unhappy with the current product. Our track record changing Front Offices and Coaches has been less than stellar since 1999, so call me a Grade A skeptic until I see something to be positive about. Sure, we have an incredible amount of draft capital and cap space. Just please don't screw it up this time, I'm not getting any younger.
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Drop the Mic our friend & We WILL be walking out of Hicksburg as a better Team with nothing to lose for it..Welcome to Squealer Week!!
-
Just watched the game again. Man, there are so many plays we'd like to have back. The one that kills me is the deep bomb to Pryor. I watched it a few times, and he could've come down with it. The defender grabbed his arm, but the ref isn't going to call a 60 yard pass interference penalty right there. Was it a foul? Yeah...I think it was. If you look closely, you see Pryor's arm get held, which contorts his body and prohibits him from extending both his arms to catch the ball. A huge touchdown before half? Man, that would've been HUGE. One of Robert's biggest errors was that miss to Hawkins in the end zone. It was just an awful pass, and a decent one would've netted 6 points. I watched it a few times, and the throw was just so bad. All he had to do was lead Hawk to the right side of the end zone with a little air under it...UGH. It's the kind of throw Kessler makes in his sleep. And finally, the Jamar Taylor interception. I watched the play and his return could've been better...like...MUCH BETTER. Watch when he catches the pick, and then turns to the middle of the field. He has a blocker to his right, and virtually ALL of the sideline. Instead, he basically runs straight into a 340 pound lineman. If Jamar runs to the sideline, I'm not sure who gets him. Probably a WR picks him up somewhere before the end zone, but I don't know. If he just gets to the sideline, he might be GONE. I'm serious...it was so open.
Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...
-
Just watched the game again. Man, there are so many plays we'd like to have back. The one that kills me is the deep bomb to Pryor. I watched it a few times, and he could've come down with it. The defender grabbed his arm, but the ref isn't going to call a 60 yard pass interference penalty right there. Was it a foul? Yeah...I think it was. If you look closely, you see Pryor's arm get held, which contorts his body and prohibits him from extending both his arms to catch the ball. A huge touchdown before half? Man, that would've been HUGE. One of Robert's biggest errors was that miss to Hawkins in the end zone. It was just an awful pass, and a decent one would've netted 6 points. I watched it a few times, and the throw was just so bad. All he had to do was lead Hawk to the right side of the end zone with a little air under it...UGH. It's the kind of throw Kessler makes in his sleep. And finally, the Jamar Taylor interception. I watched the play and his return could've been better...like...MUCH BETTER. Watch when he catches the pick, and then turns to the middle of the field. He has a blocker to his right, and virtually ALL of the sideline. Instead, he basically runs straight into a 340 pound lineman. If Jamar runs to the sideline, I'm not sure who gets him. Probably a WR picks him up somewhere before the end zone, but I don't know. If he just gets to the sideline, he might be GONE. I'm serious...it was so open.
Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...
Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...
We didn't cover him much all game which doesn't say much about our LB's who can't cover a 50 year old TE.
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
major ass-kicksies to miktoxies
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login