Most famous band from every state
-
Stuart
Ohio- The Isley Brothers
Pa.- Hall & Oates
Michigan- The Temptations
I anticipated the band Chicago would represent Illinois but they went with Earth, Wind, and Fire.
Can't really argue with that.
-
Peoria Il. REO Speedwagon
-
-
The black keys might be creeping on the isley brothers.
-
The black keys might be creeping on the isley brothers.
The black keys might be creeping on the isley brothers.
We shall see what kind of staying power they have. Personally, and this is just my own opinion, I think they suck out loud.
WSS
-
No one under 50 knows the isley brothers
-
No one under 50 knows the isley brothers
No one under 50 knows the isley brothers
I'm 64 and I don't care about them.
Not that I enjoy these bands but I would imagine Devo, especially Mark mothersbaugh, and maybe Nine Inch Nails would be among the top best known Ohio artist. Maybe Joe Walsh, maybe Eric Carmen?
-
Outside of devo I'm not sure many people realize that those guys are associated with Ohio
-
No one under 50 knows the isley brothers
I'm 64 and I don't care about them.
Not that I enjoy these bands but I would imagine Devo, especially Mark mothersbaugh, and maybe Nine Inch Nails would be among the top best known Ohio artist. Maybe Joe Walsh, maybe Eric Carmen?
I'm 64 and I don't care about them.
Not that I enjoy these bands but I would imagine Devo, especially Mark mothersbaugh, and maybe Nine Inch Nails would be among the top best known Ohio artist. Maybe Joe Walsh, maybe Eric Carmen?
Oh I remember this well.....
....The James Gang was an American rock band formed in Cleveland, Ohio in 1966. The band enjoyed moderate success with the singles "Funk #49" and "Walk Away," and are perhaps best remembered as the first popular band to feature the guitarist/vocalist Joe Walsh, who later became a member of the Eagles.
-
Don't forget about Dave Grohl (Warren Ohio) from Nirvana and currently with the Foo Fighters.
-
For an American band versus the massive British invasion in the late 60s early 70s I've always liked Lynrd Skynard out of FLA.
-
@boo-radley said:
Macon, Ga Allman Brothers
Atlanta, Ga Jackyl
Marietta Ga Black Crowes
Athens Ga REM
Athens Ga B - 52s
New Hampshire Areosmith <--- Aerosmith NH? Wow.
Boston, Ma Boston
Lowell, Ma J Giels
Austin Tx Townes Van Zandt
Austin Tx SRV
Texas ZZ Top <--- Legs!
Port Arthur, Tx Janis Joplin <--- Janis & JimI left too soon
Detroit Mi Bob Seger
Detroit Mi Motown too many to list.
Topeka, Ks Kansas
Chicago, Il Styx
Cleveland Oh The Cars
San Francisco, Ca Jefferson Airplane <--- who was the cockpit of JA?

New Jersey Smithereens
NICE list, rock on!
-
I love The Smithereens but I can't imagine how they are the most famous band from Jersey...
Not with Bruce Springsteen Frank Sinatra Leslie Gore the Four Seasons Etc
WSS
-
PS the Cars are from Boston but Benjamin Orr was at least born in Lakewood.
WSS
-
Well, I guess the question is what is the meaning of "from". Is it where most of the guys in the band were born, grew up.....or is it where they played a few initial gigs.
Like Aerosmith. I understand that most of those guys are "from" Boston....grew up there, formed there. But, maybe when they first started they played some gigs in NH.
And like The Cars. Yea, one guy was born/raised in Cleveland area.....but, I and WSS were sure all around the Cleveland music scene when that band would have been formed, and I sure never remember them ever playing regularly around here.
What say you Steve? Do you recall the Cars playing here in their formative years?
-
Well, I guess the question is what is the meaning of "from". Is it where most of the guys in the band were born, grew up.....or is it where they played a few initial gigs.
Like Aerosmith. I understand that most of those guys are "from" Boston....grew up there, formed there. But, maybe when they first started they played some gigs in NH.
And like The Cars. Yea, one guy was born/raised in Cleveland area.....but, I and WSS were sure all around the Cleveland music scene when that band would have been formed, and I sure never remember them ever playing regularly around here.
What say you Steve? Do you recall the Cars playing here in their formative years?
Nope. I do remember Devo.Well, I guess the question is what is the meaning of "from". Is it where most of the guys in the band were born, grew up.....or is it where they played a few initial gigs.
Like Aerosmith. I understand that most of those guys are "from" Boston....grew up there, formed there. But, maybe when they first started they played some gigs in NH.
And like The Cars. Yea, one guy was born/raised in Cleveland area.....but, I and WSS were sure all around the Cleveland music scene when that band would have been formed, and I sure never remember them ever playing regularly around here.
What say you Steve? Do you recall the Cars playing here in their formative years?
You get my call?
WSS
-
Nope. I do remember Devo.Well, I guess the question is what is the meaning of "from". Is it where most of the guys in the band were born, grew up.....or is it where they played a few initial gigs.
Like Aerosmith. I understand that most of those guys are "from" Boston....grew up there, formed there. But, maybe when they first started they played some gigs in NH.
And like The Cars. Yea, one guy was born/raised in Cleveland area.....but, I and WSS were sure all around the Cleveland music scene when that band would have been formed, and I sure never remember them ever playing regularly around here.
What say you Steve? Do you recall the Cars playing here in their formative years?
You get my call?
WSS
Nope. I do remember Devo.
You get my call?
WSS
Yes, called you back...you're it.
-
idk i think the black keys are up there.
-
-
No one under 50 knows the isley brothers
I'm 64 and I don't care about them.
Not that I enjoy these bands but I would imagine Devo, especially Mark mothersbaugh, and maybe Nine Inch Nails would be among the top best known Ohio artist. Maybe Joe Walsh, maybe Eric Carmen?
Ah... my fav James Gang track.... but the Intro was lifted straight outta another track... want to say Laugh... but can't find find any such track.
Not that I enjoy these bands but I would imagine Devo, especially Mark mothersbaugh, and maybe Nine Inch Nails would be among the top best known Ohio artist. Maybe Joe Walsh, maybe Eric Carmen?
Nobody not from CLE knows The Raspberries... may as well opt for The Lemon Pipers from down Miami of Ohio way.

James Gang? Getting warmer, but think with Trent's NIN I think you may have nailed it.
Akron's Chrissy Hynde deserves mention. Even was in a band with Mothersbaugh early-on. Knocked around KSU before ultimately moving to London where after fumbling around for a few years The Pretenders formed.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login