Browns "elite" O-line
-
In 2016:
62 sacks allowed (franchise record)
403 sack yards allowed (franchise record)
Contrary to some other people's beliefs on here, the Browns can probably benefit from a draft pick or two for overhauling the O-line. Probably one of our biggest needs. No sense in drafting a franchise QB, only to have him murdered behind a porous line.
-
I dont think those numbers paint an accurate picture. Erving really hurt us, but alot of those sacks come from our quarterbacks holding the ball too long or they couldn't manipulate the pocket. I think center needs and upgrade and we can do better at right tackle, but for the most part we have talented guys across the line. Get a center and let them gel as unit and I think we will be fine.
-
In 2016:
62 sacks allowed (franchise record)
403 sack yards allowed (franchise record)
Contrary to some other people's beliefs on here, the Browns can probably benefit from a draft pick or two for overhauling the O-line. Probably one of our biggest needs. No sense in drafting a franchise QB, only to have him murdered behind a porous line.
In 2016:
62 sacks allowed (franchise record)
403 sack yards allowed (franchise record)
Contrary to some other people's beliefs on here, the Browns can probably benefit from a draft pick or two for overhauling the O-line. Probably one of our biggest needs. No sense in drafting a franchise QB, only to have him murdered behind a porous line.
I have to wonder how much of those stats Turnstile Erving is responsible for? How many due to Bitonio and to a lesser extent Greco being injured? As LS said how many due to the qb being slow on the draw to get the ball out? More than once Griffin, especially McCown, and Kess had plenty of time to unload the rock. How many are due to inexperience? I saw one sackaroo totally due to that in the Chargers game. Joe T rode his guy to the outside, Drango blocked his guy to the inside, and there was a gap wide enough to drive a car through, which the Chargers defender said gee thanks for the unabated to the quarterback.
I'm all for drafting at least one OL high.
-
QB or WR. Fat ass OL a dime a dozen.
-
In 2016:
62 sacks allowed (franchise record)
403 sack yards allowed (franchise record)
Contrary to some other people's beliefs on here, the Browns can probably benefit from a draft pick or two for overhauling the O-line. Probably one of our biggest needs. No sense in drafting a franchise QB, only to have him murdered behind a porous line.
I have to wonder how much of those stats Turnstile Erving is responsible for? How many due to Bitonio and to a lesser extent Greco being injured? As LS said how many due to the qb being slow on the draw to get the ball out? More than once Griffin, especially McCown, and Kess had plenty of time to unload the rock. How many are due to inexperience? I saw one sackaroo totally due to that in the Chargers game. Joe T rode his guy to the outside, Drango blocked his guy to the inside, and there was a gap wide enough to drive a car through, which the Chargers defender said gee thanks for the unabated to the quarterback.
I'm all for drafting at least one OL high.
I have to wonder how much of those stats Turnstile Erving is responsible for? How many due to Bitonio and to a lesser extent Greco being injured? As LS said how many due to the qb being slow on the draw to get the ball out? More than once Griffin, especially McCown, and Kess had plenty of time to unload the rock. How many are due to inexperience? I saw one sackaroo totally due to that in the Chargers game. Joe T rode his guy to the outside, Drango blocked his guy to the inside, and there was a gap wide enough to drive a car through, which the Chargers defender said gee thanks for the unabated to the quarterback.
I'm all for drafting at least one OL high.
We have 3 QBs who hold the ball too long leading to sacks, holding calls, & injury from QBs being hit at full speed as a result of what Hoorta pointed out. Either throw with anticipation or throw it away. Another issue is inexperienced WRs failing to adjust routes to help the QBs out. Just my opinion, right or wrong.
Mike
-
Do we have to make threads making fun of the opinion of a population that represents MAYBE 1% of this board? Next to NO ONE believes the Browns have an elite OL. There is, however, a "our OL is ok" group, and if you only want us to draft one or two, you're part of it. If you want to join the "our OL is a total disaster" crowd, they want at least 3 OL in this draft.
-
With Bito & Reiter back next year, I'm not overly concerned about the O line.
I still think it would proactive if we take a stab at one in the draft.
-
Has anyone put a stopwatch on our qb's? Are they holding too long by league standards or just holdingbthe ball too long for a clev brown qb?
-
Which in cleveland is anything over 2s
-
No way this thread isn't anything other than trolling.
Paz has been far better than expected - he was the #1 RT in the league and a top-10 tackle in the entire league for the vast majority of the season. Is top-10 elite? It's sure good enough to not need replacing - or whining about.
Bito is a pro bowler.
Greco may not be any more, but he's not done.
Erving needs to be cut, yes.
But the QB's do hold the ball far too long - and that's not the OL's fault. Also, the blocking of the TE and RB's still needs to be significantly upgraded.. those were the reason for the lack of run game 2yrs ago.
-
They need a real center and poss a couple more plug and play OL considering there is no depth at that position.
Not to worry though we have half machines half humans making the browns personnel decisions.
We are the robots! -kraftwerk.
-
We don't need to spend a draft pick above a third rounder on an offensive lineman. Suggesting it is preposterous.
-
Just assuming Bito and Reiter come back 100% and ready to roll for 2017 is 'preposterous'.
-
Well, best case scenario given what we saw we know the line is the following
Thomas, who will be 32/33, although he may play till he's 50
Bitonio, good player, still young
Greco, who will be 32 btw
Paztor, slowly getting better
Erving, just cut his ass
and the other band of players (Cooper, Dranjo, etc)
Does this really give you a warm fuzzy feeling for 2017? Of course I don't want the first 2,even 3 picks to be an OL. But with the Titans pick looking to be a early-ish 2nd rounder, I wouldn't be upset at all if this was an OL,especially at center. Hell, I wouldn't be upset if it was tackle prospect to play and consider long-term implications. OL is one of the areas we could easily get improvement on in the draft.
-
Yeah, we've certainly had our share of struggles. Between injuries, QB's holding onto the ball too long, inadequate OL play, and just bad play-calling...the sacks we've given up are unacceptable. Conversely, we don't return the favor and sack the opposing team's QB...like...ever. We forced Rivers into some rushed throws, but we never brought him down, and that's unacceptable. Not one time. I saw countless times where we sent 5 or even 6 defenders, and I saw them simply get enveloped by a Chargers OL with more injuries than ours. We couldn't beat 3rd string players.
So, yes you're right about drafting OL, but just importantly is drafting SOMEONE that can get to the QB.
-
Something that doesn't get mentioned a lot is the impact of the QB calling out protections - something you can guarantee RG3 isn't going to excel at, and Kessler is just a rookie.
-
Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.
That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.
-
Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.
That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.
Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.
That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.
"I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field." That's not saying much TC. I still think we need an upgrade at center. Too bad Mack wanted out of town. I really do see us drafting OL with one of the two second round picks.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login