those wanting garoppolo
-
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes a first- and fourth-round pick would be the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Jimmy Garoppolo.
"I don’t even know if they would do it then," Schefter added. "My own sense on Garoppolo is that they are going to explore that market. That they are going to listen. They are going to see what is out there and if some team steps forward and makes it such that they have to trade him they will, but they are just not going to look to give him away. That is not going to happen." A first and fourth was what the Vikings traded the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The Browns have already been named as one team that will "go hard" after Garoppolo. They have two first-rounders in 2017. The 49ers and Bears could also come calling.no way id give up a 1st for him
-
That is ridiculous.
-
If Belicheck doesn't want him then red flags sirens and bullhorns are blaring, DO NOT TOUCH YOUV'E BEEN WARNED
-
If he's the answer, I don't want to know what the question is..
-
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes a first- and fourth-round pick would be the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Jimmy Garoppolo.
"I don’t even know if they would do it then," Schefter added. "My own sense on Garoppolo is that they are going to explore that market. That they are going to listen. They are going to see what is out there and if some team steps forward and makes it such that they have to trade him they will, but they are just not going to look to give him away. That is not going to happen." A first and fourth was what the Vikings traded the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The Browns have already been named as one team that will "go hard" after Garoppolo. They have two first-rounders in 2017. The 49ers and Bears could also come calling.no way id give up a 1st for him
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes a first- and fourth-round pick would be the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Jimmy Garoppolo.
"I don’t even know if they would do it then," Schefter added. "My own sense on Garoppolo is that they are going to explore that market. That they are going to listen. They are going to see what is out there and if some team steps forward and makes it such that they have to trade him they will, but they are just not going to look to give him away. That is not going to happen." A first and fourth was what the Vikings traded the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The Browns have already been named as one team that will "go hard" after Garoppolo. They have two first-rounders in 2017. The 49ers and Bears could also come calling.no way id give up a 1st for himIf the Browns FO did that I would insist they be a part of the trade. So dumb!
-
Everyone's starting point is a 1st round pick for decent players.
-
1st round pick? Ha
-
I think I wrote a similar post a while back, and people thought a first round draft pick was crazy. Listen, that's the price, and somebody will gamble on it. Why? Because they have to. How many years do NFL coaches get? They don't have the luxury of "figuring it out later", and too many teams need to fix their QB problem, and they have to fix it immediately. Smart teams, like the Raiders, Bengals, and Seahawks, can find their QB outside of the first round. Yes, I wanted Derek Carr, as did many others, but look around the league, and see where the majority of QB's were taken. Luck, Winston, Mariota, Palmer, Rodgers, Bradford, Stafford, Roethlisburger, Flacco, Wentz, Goff, Ryan, Newton, Cutler, and Bortles were all first rounders...and I could be missing a few. Oh yeah, Alex Smith...and probably a few others. We can sit here and talk about those names, and say "who is a franchise QB, and who isn't", but the point is, those guys were drafted in the first round, and they were starters in the NFL. If you want a starting QB, or even a POTENTIAL starting QB, you're going to have to give up a high draft pick. Period.
Now, would I give up either of OUR first round picks? Obviously our first one is completely off limits, but what about the second one? What if the Eagles win this weekend and the pick ends up being like #17? (I don't know where the pick could end up, just hypothetical). Would I give up that pick? No...no I wouldn't. That's just too high for an unknown, and we have SO many other needs. Make no mistake about it, we are at the forefront of QB pressure. Not only do we have the worst record in the league, we actually passed on a potential franchise QB last year. A guy who is big, tough, and has the look of being a guy who can lead a team. Was he good this year? No, not really, but he's a rookie, and I think he made enough plays to keep fans and management excited about his possible growth. What do we have? A wide receiver with about 300 yards. Awesome. Now, it wasn't ALL Coleman's fault, as he played with some pretty crappy QB's and he broke his hand, but still. It's great to have that first round pick this year, but we obviously have to nail it, and it's not looking good for QB candidates as of right now.
What about a second round pick? We have two of them, does that change things? I think it would take a bit more than just that pick obviously, but it would start with the second rounder. I'd be willing to THINK about that.
-
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes a first- and fourth-round pick would be the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Jimmy Garoppolo.
"I don’t even know if they would do it then," Schefter added. "My own sense on Garoppolo is that they are going to explore that market. That they are going to listen. They are going to see what is out there and if some team steps forward and makes it such that they have to trade him they will, but they are just not going to look to give him away. That is not going to happen." A first and fourth was what the Vikings traded the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The Browns have already been named as one team that will "go hard" after Garoppolo. They have two first-rounders in 2017. The 49ers and Bears could also come calling.no way id give up a 1st for himIf the Browns FO did that I would insist they be a part of the trade. So dumb!
At least Bradford had significant time as a starter. Garropolo? Like 2? As has been said, if Bill deems him expendable, let some other team get suckered in. His castoffs have as a general rule been garbage.If the Browns FO did that I would insist they be a part of the trade. So dumb!
How's Oswieler working out? Another guy with a limited resume.
-
At least Bradford had significant time as a starter. Garropolo? Like 2? As has been said, if Bill deems him expendable, let some other team get suckered in. His castoffs have as a general rule been garbage.If the Browns FO did that I would insist they be a part of the trade. So dumb!
How's Oswieler working out? Another guy with a limited resume.
At least Bradford had significant time as a starter. Garropolo? Like 2? As has been said, if Bill deems him expendable, let some other team get suckered in. His castoffs have as a general rule been garbage.
How's Oswieler working out? Another guy with a limited resume.
Yep. A late second rounder who has done shit for an early 1st and a 4th. So Brownsian. They need to read The Iliad. Trying to ship us a Trojan Horse.
-
Patriots want a 1st and a 4th. I dont think its worth it honestly. What do you think hes worth?
-
Nothing. Zombo has lost his mind. I'll take Trubisky, Kaiser, or Watson with the Eagles pick before I give Bill the time of day.
I think Jimmy is a better prospect than those guys.
Bill drafts him in the second and gets a first and fourth ... good for him, I don't care about Bill's role in all this.
I want a good quarterback. Jimmy G has all the tools and has looked sharp on an NFL field when he has played.
Zombo
-
Nothing. Zombo has lost his mind. I'll take Trubisky, Kaiser, or Watson with the Eagles pick before I give Bill the time of day.
I think Jimmy is a better prospect than those guys.
Bill drafts him in the second and gets a first and fourth ... good for him, I don't care about Bill's role in all this.
I want a good quarterback. Jimmy G has all the tools and has looked sharp on an NFL field when he has played.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I think Jimmy is a better prospect than those guys.
Bill drafts him in the second and gets a first and fourth ... good for him, I don't care about Bill's role in all this.
I want a good quarterback. Jimmy G has all the tools and has looked sharp on an NFL field when he has played.
Zombo
and how often doe's trading for a back up qb work out ? not that much,,,,we have to many holes to fill to give away picks for nothing
-
Zombo said:
I think Jimmy is a better prospect than those guys.
Bill drafts him in the second and gets a first and fourth ... good for him, I don't care about Bill's role in all this.
I want a good quarterback. Jimmy G has all the tools and has looked sharp on an NFL field when he has played.
Zombo
and how often doe's trading for a back up qb work out ? not that much,,,,we have to many holes to fill to give away picks for nothing
and how often doe's trading for a back up qb work out ? not that much,,,,we have to many holes to fill to give away picks for nothing
It's not for nothing ... it's for a starting Quarterback.
I guess you think what we have is better, or you like the first round candidates much better.
Fine. Just say so.
But quit being a dumbfuck and learn punctuation.
Zombo
-
I'd rather invest elsewhere with a first rounder then hand it over for Jimmy G.
-
Pats took a QB instead of something to help Brady win - such as more D help. I don't feel like being Belichick's victim just for a QB who isn't any better than the prospects we can get in the draft.
I'd take Deshaun Watson over jimmyG.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login