Skip to content

2017 Free Agents

The Browns Board
220 33 8.3k
  • Would not mind this

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Chargers releasing former first-round draft choice D.J. Fluker, per source. One more good OL added to free-agent crop. Plays T/G.
    More

    Chargers releasing former first-round draft choice D.J. Fluker, per source. One more good OL added to free-agent crop. Plays T/G.

    @darren15 said:

    Would not mind this

    Chargers releasing former first-round draft choice D.J. Fluker, per source. One more good OL added to free-agent crop. Plays T/G.

    If he is good...why are Chargers letting him go? Cap move?

  • @darren15 said:

    Would not mind this

    Chargers releasing former first-round draft choice D.J. Fluker, per source. One more good OL added to free-agent crop. Plays T/G.

    If he is good...why are Chargers letting him go? Cap move?

    @the-gipper said:

    If he is good...why are Chargers letting him go? Cap move?

    According to OverTheCap.com releasing Fluker will free up $8,821,000 of available cap space while creating no dead money.

    In 2016, Fluker appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 54 guard out of 72 qualifying players.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If he is good...why are Chargers letting him go? Cap move?

    According to OverTheCap.com releasing Fluker will free up $8,821,000 of available cap space while creating no dead money.

    In 2016, Fluker appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 54 guard out of 72 qualifying players.

    @londonbrown said:

    According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Fluker will free up $8,821,000 of available cap space while creating no dead money.

    In 2016, Fluker appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 54 guard out of 72 qualifying players.

    OK, I am not sure that the 54th OG is all that good. They may want to stick with Drango etc.

    Zeitler would be a better choice to go after.

    Fair to say?

  • @londonbrown said:

    According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Fluker will free up $8,821,000 of available cap space while creating no dead money.

    In 2016, Fluker appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 54 guard out of 72 qualifying players.

    OK, I am not sure that the 54th OG is all that good. They may want to stick with Drango etc.

    Zeitler would be a better choice to go after.

    Fair to say?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, I am not sure that the 54th OG is all that good. They may want to stick with Drango etc.

    Zeitler would be a better choice to go after.

    Fair to say?

    I would agree, Cyprien on the other hand was ranked 7th of all NFL safeties. At only 26 I can definitely see us having interest in him, would be an immediate upgrade.

  • Cyprien, Zeitler, and Hightower would be nice additions. One of the underperformers (Fluker, Jockel, Warmack) would be interesting if only to get some good competition churning along the OL.

    Though he played RG, Fluker can conceivably play RT...I'm fairly sure he was drafted as a T.

    Adding Fluker/Joeckel and Zeitler and keeping Erving at C would give us a starting lineup of four first round picks and a second round pick....which should conceivably shut up the "we need to invest early and often in the offensive line" group up.

  • Cyprien, Zeitler, and Hightower would be nice additions. One of the underperformers (Fluker, Jockel, Warmack) would be interesting if only to get some good competition churning along the OL.

    Though he played RG, Fluker can conceivably play RT...I'm fairly sure he was drafted as a T.

    Adding Fluker/Joeckel and Zeitler and keeping Erving at C would give us a starting lineup of four first round picks and a second round pick....which should conceivably shut up the "we need to invest early and often in the offensive line" group up.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Adding Fluker/Joeckel and Zeitler and keeping Erving at C would give us a starting lineup of four first round picks and a second round pick....which should conceivably shut up the "we need to invest early and often in the offensive line" group up.

    ummmmm... not liking your chances there, TC...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Adding Fluker/Joeckel and Zeitler and keeping Erving at C would give us a starting lineup of four first round picks and a second round pick....which should conceivably shut up the "we need to invest early and often in the offensive line" group up.

    ummmmm... not liking your chances there, TC...

    @tour2ma said:

    ummmmm... not liking your chances there, TC...

    I know, I was being sarcastic.

    I was really only saying that show that the first round draft designation doesn't mean jack shit for offensive linemen. There's four first round, sub 26 year old offensive linemen available in free agency this year....yet I bet we'll hear next year how we need to draft two offensive linemen with our first two picks.

    We don't need to spend high picks on OL. We need to spend the RIGHT picks on OL and give them a chance to play together for more than two games. And this is coming from a former offensive lineman.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ummmmm... not liking your chances there, TC...

    I know, I was being sarcastic.

    I was really only saying that show that the first round draft designation doesn't mean jack shit for offensive linemen. There's four first round, sub 26 year old offensive linemen available in free agency this year....yet I bet we'll hear next year how we need to draft two offensive linemen with our first two picks.

    We don't need to spend high picks on OL. We need to spend the RIGHT picks on OL and give them a chance to play together for more than two games. And this is coming from a former offensive lineman.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I know, I was being sarcastic.

    I was really only saying that show that the first round draft designation doesn't mean jack shit for offensive linemen. There's four first round, sub 26 year old offensive linemen available in free agency this year....yet I bet we'll hear next year how we need to draft two offensive linemen with our first two picks.

    We don't need to spend high picks on OL. We need to spend the RIGHT picks on OL and give them a chance to play together for more than two games. And this is coming from a former offensive lineman.

    See one of my previous Trivia questions.....in the past the Browns got pretty good value in what now would be late round picks: Dieken/Risien/Baab guys we took in the 5th to 7th rounds.

    Again....the Ghoolie theory?

  • Rams in discussions with 2 teams to trade CB Trumaine Johnson ....Greg Williams pushing this ?

  • Rams in discussions with 2 teams to trade CB Trumaine Johnson ....Greg Williams pushing this ?

    @darren15 said:

    Rams in discussions with 2 teams to trade CB Trumaine Johnson ....Greg Williams pushing this ?

    Was just going to post this news...

    If I am us, then I wait a year for his next FA approach.

  • Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

  • Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

    @londonbrown said:

    Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

    And we should be.This guy kills us every time we see him.Good hands & can step up in hole at blitz-er

  • I hope it's not us in for Tru Johnson, we have decent pretty money tied up in Haden and Taylor there already and this corner class looks very strong. Matt Miller's number one CB is Walter football's number eight for instance, there's going to be more than one good option there at #33.

  • I'd say we're going to be very aggressive in acquiring help for our secondary. I'm not sure we can pull the top CB, as he'll be extremely expensive AND he can more or less pick where he'll want to go. However, the Jags' safety Cyprien is an interesting option. He won't be any type of "savior" or anything, but he appears to be an instant upgrade for us. I'm also guessing a highly rated CB will slip out of the first round, and I'm guessing we'll pick one up at pick 33 if we don't trade back into first round for a QB.

  • Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

    @londonbrown said:

    Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

    Long Snappers, punter, fullback. We could have the three most important positions on the team locked up!!! 😆

    But...I would be glad about Jusz (can we just call him that instead of trying to spell that name?) He went to Cloverleaf HS right here in Medina County....next to where I live.

    But also...you know why our FO is hot to go after him? He's a Harvard grad...so naturally.

  • Just in Browns interested in Kevin Zeitler. Kyle Juszczyk. Tremaine Johnson. And Cyprien.

  • Buffalo favs to sign Jusz now apparently

  • Just in Browns interested in Kevin Zeitler. Kyle Juszczyk. Tremaine Johnson. And Cyprien.

    @alkid3 said:

    Just in Browns interested in Kevin Zeitler. Kyle Juszczyk. Tremaine Johnson. And Cyprien.

    That is not new news.

  • Don't forget we don't sign players until the other 31 teams have decided if they want the players or not ....

  • Don't forget we don't sign players until the other 31 teams have decided if they want the players or not ....

    @darren15 said:

    Don't forget we don't sign players until the other 31 teams have decided if they want the players or not ....

    It does seem that way sometimes, doesn't it.