Skip to content

2017 Free Agents

The Browns Board
220 33 8.3k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Fozzy Whittaker, RB: Waka waka, heโ€™s back on a two-year deal....with Panthers.

    So...Fozzy Bear is still around.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Barkevious Mingo, LB: After on season with the Patriots, the former first-round pick by the Browns is headed to Indy on a one-year deal.

    Colts now try to get something out of this guy...good luck! (not really)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Ted Ginn Jr., WR: The speedster is staying in the NFC South. with the Saints.

    Ginn has been on about every NFL team but his home town team.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    James HGHarrison, LB: The Steelers signed the ageless wonder to a two-year extension.

    Better living through chemistry

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Matt Barkley, QB: Canโ€™t keep the formidable duo of Matt Barkley and Brian Hoyer apart as both join the 49ers.

    Is there little doubt that the Niners will go after a QB...if they don't make a trade for Cousins?

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by

    Meanwhile Kap can't find a job.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by

    Looks like we are done making a splash. I really thought we would have matched up Hightower with Collins. Anyone have any leftover ideas?

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    TJ McDonald I think could be in our sights

  • TJ McDonald I think could be in our sights

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I was never sure where Hightower fit in a 4-3 base...

    @darren15 said:

    TJ McDonald I think could be in our sights

    Agree...

    Also still could be something to the Trumaine Johnson rumor... just may have to incubate a while... like until the draft.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    TE Martellus Bennett (Michael's brother) to G.B.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Pats just landed Cooks via trade from NOLA...

    Everyone now playing for 2nd?

  • Looks like we are done making a splash. I really thought we would have matched up Hightower with Collins. Anyone have any leftover ideas?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cambridgeho said:

    Looks like we are done making a splash. I really thought we would have matched up Hightower with Collins. Anyone have any leftover ideas?

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Looks like we are done making a splash. I really thought we would have matched up Hightower with Collins. Anyone have any leftover ideas?

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

  • @the-gipper said:

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    why don't you also wait to see how it unfolds before you condemn him?
  • @the-gipper said:

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB. I mean....aside from Kessler backed up by Hogan....what else is the plan? Draft a rookie and start him right away? Maybe. But that is an iffy situation if you don't get your guy.

  • @mudfly said:

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB. I mean....aside from Kessler backed up by Hogan....what else is the plan? Draft a rookie and start him right away? Maybe. But that is an iffy situation if you don't get your guy.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB.

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB.

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

    Still....with the composition of the QB staff on this team right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter. Sure...that could change in a day.....after all, yesterday Morning RGIII was the starter on this team.

    I understand that is may certainly be a fluid situation.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

  • My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    Maybe...maybe not.

    If both BO and Kessler are on the roster come Sept. 10...who starts though?

  • @mudfly said:

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

    Still....with the composition of the QB staff on this team right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter. Sure...that could change in a day.....after all, yesterday Morning RGIII was the starter on this team.

    I understand that is may certainly be a fluid situation.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter.

    @the-gipper said:

    If both BO and Kessler are on the roster come Sept. 10...who starts though?

    Make up your mind.....

    Today was the discussion....and I say Kessler.....which makes him the incumbent.....

    If we are suddenly speculating....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    And, if he does, it's not ahead of Kessler seeing a start.....