Skip to content

2017 Free Agents

The Browns Board
220 33 8.3k
  • @cambridgeho said:

    Looks like we are done making a splash. I really thought we would have matched up Hightower with Collins. Anyone have any leftover ideas?

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    @the-gipper said:

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

  • @the-gipper said:

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    why don't you also wait to see how it unfolds before you condemn him?
  • @the-gipper said:

    They have not done anything for the defense yet...which is where I thought they would make their moves. We got OL, WR, QB...but no defense...unless you count Colling. But I am just thinking about the last couple of days. Still a few names out there...like Hightower. Perhaps now only "minor" moves. TJ McDonald would be imo a somewhat "minor" move.

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB. I mean....aside from Kessler backed up by Hogan....what else is the plan? Draft a rookie and start him right away? Maybe. But that is an iffy situation if you don't get your guy.

  • @mudfly said:

    Im with you Gip.....waiting for more.....

    And....Id say we ONLY got OL......thats it...

    Britt is a lateral move....at best......and(imho) a small step down, not an improvement....Id rather have Hawk and Pryor over Britt and nobody anyday of the week.....

    And....presumably....we did not get a QB who we plan to play.....so, QB was not addressed either...

    So....yes, OL has been addressed...... one year later than I would have liked.....and we have an additional 2nd round pick attached to a masssive contract....

    And folks are acting like we won the lottery.....hahahaha......Ok.....Ima wait to see how this all unfolds before I crown Shashi or jump off a building......

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB. I mean....aside from Kessler backed up by Hogan....what else is the plan? Draft a rookie and start him right away? Maybe. But that is an iffy situation if you don't get your guy.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB.

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...right now...without see what if anything else they would do....I see BO as the incumbent starting QB.

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

    @mudfly said:

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

    Still....with the composition of the QB staff on this team right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter. Sure...that could change in a day.....after all, yesterday Morning RGIII was the starter on this team.

    I understand that is may certainly be a fluid situation.

  • My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

  • My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    @mudfly said:

    My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    Maybe...maybe not.

    If both BO and Kessler are on the roster come Sept. 10...who starts though?

  • @mudfly said:

    Incumbent?......cmon Gip....the Browns havent even announced they traded for this guy....not one good word....

    You know what it says on THEIR website?>........Browns acquire 2nd round pick.....(thats the headline)...

    So....no....he is not what they went after and he is not the incumbent and he will not be our QB going forward....

    And if he IS????......then the Browns are currently completely disrespecting the guy they hope will run their team...

    Still....with the composition of the QB staff on this team right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter. Sure...that could change in a day.....after all, yesterday Morning RGIII was the starter on this team.

    I understand that is may certainly be a fluid situation.

    @the-gipper said:

    right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter.

    @the-gipper said:

    If both BO and Kessler are on the roster come Sept. 10...who starts though?

    Make up your mind.....

    Today was the discussion....and I say Kessler.....which makes him the incumbent.....

    If we are suddenly speculating....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    And, if he does, it's not ahead of Kessler seeing a start.....

  • @the-gipper said:

    right here right now..11:02 AM on Saturday March 11, 2017 ....BO IS the starter.

    @the-gipper said:

    If both BO and Kessler are on the roster come Sept. 10...who starts though?

    Make up your mind.....

    Today was the discussion....and I say Kessler.....which makes him the incumbent.....

    If we are suddenly speculating....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    And, if he does, it's not ahead of Kessler seeing a start.....

    @mudfly said:

    Make up your mind..... Don't need to...I am getting in touch with my feminine side 😉

    Today was the discussion....and I say Kessler.....which makes him the incumbent.....

    If we are suddenly speculating....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    And, if he does, it's not ahead of Kessler seeing

    a start.....

    You cannot change the parameters ...IF both BO and Kessler are on roster Sept 10...who starts?

  • @mudfly said:

    Make up your mind..... Don't need to...I am getting in touch with my feminine side 😉

    Today was the discussion....and I say Kessler.....which makes him the incumbent.....

    If we are suddenly speculating....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    And, if he does, it's not ahead of Kessler seeing

    a start.....

    You cannot change the parameters ...IF both BO and Kessler are on roster Sept 10...who starts?

    @the-gipper said:

    @mudfly said:

    You cannot change the parameters ...IF both BO and Kessler are on roster Sept 10...who starts?

    I didnt change the parameters......you did....

    @mudfly said:

    ... he will not be our QB ...

    @mudfly said:

    My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    @mudfly said:

    ...and I say Kessler.....

    ....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    Who do I think starts?.......did you read ANY of my replies.....(every one of which answered that question)....

  • *** Tour spies Mud flying too low into a mountain range ***

    Tour: Pull up, Mud! Pull up!

  • So who do you think will be our starting QB again? I missed it

  • Why would we have made a splash on defense just before the most loaded defensive draft for many years?

  • Why would we have made a splash on defense just before the most loaded defensive draft for many years?

    @londonbrown said:

    Why would we have made a splash on defense just before the most loaded defensive draft for many years?

    Agree, so we had better see about 9-10 defensive picks out of the 11, especially edge, corner and safety. I would grant them a BPA @ TE and RB if that is the best on the board at the time of the pick.

  • Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

  • Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

    @mudfly said:

    Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

    Plenty of great safeties in this class Mud-I think we use one of our 2nd rounders for him unless one of the top 2 falls to #12.

  • @mudfly said:

    Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

    Plenty of great safeties in this class Mud-I think we use one of our 2nd rounders for him unless one of the top 2 falls to #12.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Plenty of great safeties in this class Mud-I think we use one of our 2nd rounders for him unless one of the top 2 falls to #12.

    Yep....this draft is loaded with DB help.....🙂

    I love Adams.....damn near would take him first......(he's in my top 3)....BUT.....I see a few we could tap later that will produce....

    and my favorite dark horse bargain is Marcus Maye......check m out....hes a player...

  • @the-gipper said:

    @mudfly said:

    You cannot change the parameters ...IF both BO and Kessler are on roster Sept 10...who starts?

    I didnt change the parameters......you did....

    @mudfly said:

    ... he will not be our QB ...

    @mudfly said:

    My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    @mudfly said:

    ...and I say Kessler.....

    ....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    Who do I think starts?.......did you read ANY of my replies.....(every one of which answered that question)....

    @mudfly said:

    I didnt change the parameters......you did....

    Who do I think starts?.......did you read ANY of my replies.....(every one of which answered that question)....

    Who do you think will start for the Browns in 2020? 😉

  • In the past, you could always pull up the Free Agent Tracker on ESPN.com. Now though, it seems that they have either discontinued the practice of tracking FAs....or they now want you to pay for the privilege of looking at the same stuff that a dozen other sites give for free. Greedy bastards:

    http://insider.espn.com/nfl/freeagency/

  • From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26