Skip to content

2017 Free Agents

The Browns Board
220 33 8.3k
  • Why would we have made a splash on defense just before the most loaded defensive draft for many years?

  • Why would we have made a splash on defense just before the most loaded defensive draft for many years?

    @londonbrown said:

    Why would we have made a splash on defense just before the most loaded defensive draft for many years?

    Agree, so we had better see about 9-10 defensive picks out of the 11, especially edge, corner and safety. I would grant them a BPA @ TE and RB if that is the best on the board at the time of the pick.

  • Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

  • Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

    @mudfly said:

    Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

    Plenty of great safeties in this class Mud-I think we use one of our 2nd rounders for him unless one of the top 2 falls to #12.

  • @mudfly said:

    Was really hoping to see us sign an OLB during FA, as I just dont see any draft prospects and feel like it's something we need to address THIS YEAR...........(cause Ive been waiting for fucking ever for an OL fucking Bee...

    And get me a safety too........(for the love of god)......thanks 🙂

    There is still time....

    Carry on....

    Plenty of great safeties in this class Mud-I think we use one of our 2nd rounders for him unless one of the top 2 falls to #12.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Plenty of great safeties in this class Mud-I think we use one of our 2nd rounders for him unless one of the top 2 falls to #12.

    Yep....this draft is loaded with DB help.....🙂

    I love Adams.....damn near would take him first......(he's in my top 3)....BUT.....I see a few we could tap later that will produce....

    and my favorite dark horse bargain is Marcus Maye......check m out....hes a player...

  • @the-gipper said:

    @mudfly said:

    You cannot change the parameters ...IF both BO and Kessler are on roster Sept 10...who starts?

    I didnt change the parameters......you did....

    @mudfly said:

    ... he will not be our QB ...

    @mudfly said:

    My money says Kessler would be "todays" starter.....

    @mudfly said:

    ...and I say Kessler.....

    ....my speculation is that BO doesnt see a start for the Browns......ever.....

    Who do I think starts?.......did you read ANY of my replies.....(every one of which answered that question)....

    @mudfly said:

    I didnt change the parameters......you did....

    Who do I think starts?.......did you read ANY of my replies.....(every one of which answered that question)....

    Who do you think will start for the Browns in 2020? 😉

  • In the past, you could always pull up the Free Agent Tracker on ESPN.com. Now though, it seems that they have either discontinued the practice of tracking FAs....or they now want you to pay for the privilege of looking at the same stuff that a dozen other sites give for free. Greedy bastards:

    http://insider.espn.com/nfl/freeagency/

  • From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26

  • I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.

  • I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.

    I don't see him as MLB in a 4-3 and he's not a good pass defender.

    While Gregg probably "can find a way to get him on the field," I'm looking for players that Williams has discipline himself to get them sideline time to catch their breath.

  • From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26

    @the-gipper said:

    From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26

    Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.
  • @the-gipper said:

    From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26

    Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Going to be anger if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I thoughthink for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

  • When guys go unsigned for this long, what is the impetus that gets them signed? Are they just still in negotiations at the moment? Or are they just banking on a lightbulb to go off in a random GM's head? Or are there cuts coming up? What am I missing?

  • @the-gipper said:

    From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26

    Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    Stools are never major players in FA. Considering LB on tag, new money for AB, and Ben....Yeah, they ain't signing anyone of note.
  • @the-gipper said:

    From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

    Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

    Dontari Poe DT age 27

    Donta Hightower OLB age 27

    Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

    TJ McDonald CB age 26

    Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

    Bradley McDougal S age 26

    Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    Browns have enough cap room to sign both Poe and Hightower. See the front 7 of:

    Ogbah/Shelton/Poe/Garrett

    Hightower/Kirksey/Collins.

    Oldest guy would be what....27/28 years old?

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Going to be anger if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I thoughthink for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

    @gumby73 said:

    from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

    If that is the case with Poe....then I would not be surprised at all to see a DT drafted high that would fit Williams mode.

    Who would be surprised if the Browns took Allen over Garrett? If not that...Browns could take a DT as early as #33.

  • Anyone think we are done in FA ?

  • Anyone think we are done in FA ?

    @darren15 said:

    Anyone think we are done in FA ?

    Can't imagine we are. Don't know what the cap looks like now however.

  • Pretty sure we have a little more room... 😉

    I think we only need to keep $10mm or so in reserve for our draft signees.

    EDIT: I was a little low. As our picks stand now, our reserve is roughly $14mm. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    And spotrac's cap tracker has our cap space at $63.6mm. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

  • TJ McDonald then use the draft ........