2017 Free Agents
-
I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.
-
I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.
I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.
I don't see him as MLB in a 4-3 and he's not a good pass defender.
While Gregg probably "can find a way to get him on the field," I'm looking for players that Williams has discipline himself to get them sideline time to catch their breath.
-
From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:
Jonathan Hankins DT age 25
Dontari Poe DT age 27
Donta Hightower OLB age 27
Maurice Claiborne CB age 27
TJ McDonald CB age 26
Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28
Bradley McDougal S age 26
Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:
Jonathan Hankins DT age 25
Dontari Poe DT age 27
Donta Hightower OLB age 27
Maurice Claiborne CB age 27
TJ McDonald CB age 26
Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28
Bradley McDougal S age 26
-
Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:
Jonathan Hankins DT age 25
Dontari Poe DT age 27
Donta Hightower OLB age 27
Maurice Claiborne CB age 27
TJ McDonald CB age 26
Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28
Bradley McDougal S age 26
Going to be anger if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I thoughthink for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.
from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win
-
When guys go unsigned for this long, what is the impetus that gets them signed? Are they just still in negotiations at the moment? Or are they just banking on a lightbulb to go off in a random GM's head? Or are there cuts coming up? What am I missing?
-
Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:
Jonathan Hankins DT age 25
Dontari Poe DT age 27
Donta Hightower OLB age 27
Maurice Claiborne CB age 27
TJ McDonald CB age 26
Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28
Bradley McDougal S age 26
Stools are never major players in FA. Considering LB on tag, new money for AB, and Ben....Yeah, they ain't signing anyone of note.Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.
-
Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:
Jonathan Hankins DT age 25
Dontari Poe DT age 27
Donta Hightower OLB age 27
Maurice Claiborne CB age 27
TJ McDonald CB age 26
Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28
Bradley McDougal S age 26
Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.
Browns have enough cap room to sign both Poe and Hightower. See the front 7 of:
Ogbah/Shelton/Poe/Garrett
Hightower/Kirksey/Collins.
Oldest guy would be what....27/28 years old?
-
Going to be anger if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I thoughthink for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.
from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win
from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win
If that is the case with Poe....then I would not be surprised at all to see a DT drafted high that would fit Williams mode.
Who would be surprised if the Browns took Allen over Garrett? If not that...Browns could take a DT as early as #33.
-
Anyone think we are done in FA ?
-
-
Pretty sure we have a little more room...

I think we only need to keep $10mm or so in reserve for our draft signees.
EDIT: I was a little low. As our picks stand now, our reserve is roughly $14mm. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/
And spotrac's cap tracker has our cap space at $63.6mm. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
-
TJ McDonald then use the draft ........
-
Hightower signs a smaller contract than Collins, winning does make everything better.
-
Hightower signs a smaller contract than Collins, winning does make everything better.
Hightower signs a smaller contract than Collins, winning does make everything better.
Yup...
$43.5mm over 4 years with 19 guaranteed ain't bad though...
-
Didn't hear about this until today. So we will have depth at center and guard.
-
Didn't hear about this until today. So we will have depth at center and guard.
Didn't hear about this until today. So we will for for have depth at center and guard.
Neither did I.
Marcus Martin ...seems to be a "backup OG/OC" Well, at least now, yes there will be depth...and maybe competition at that spot.
-
-
He is Going to have lacy chew gum instead of eating wings and potatoes?
-
Poe to ATL on a one-year deal.
And Lacy to Seahawks... with a weight-based bonus clause.
I thought perhaps Poe could be a candidate to come to the Browns because with the potential switch to the 4-3 Browns WILL NEED another good DT to go with Shelton. But someone says he is not a fit for the Greg Williams system.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login