Skip to content

2017 Free Agents

The Browns Board
220 33 8.3k
  • Poe to ATL on a one-year deal.

    And Lacy to Seahawks... with a weight-based bonus clause.

    @tour2ma said:

    Poe to ATL on a one-year deal.

    And Lacy to Seahawks... with a weight-based bonus clause.

    I thought perhaps Poe could be a candidate to come to the Browns because with the potential switch to the 4-3 Browns WILL NEED another good DT to go with Shelton. But someone says he is not a fit for the Greg Williams system.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Poe to ATL on a one-year deal.

    And Lacy to Seahawks... with a weight-based bonus clause.

    I thought perhaps Poe could be a candidate to come to the Browns because with the potential switch to the 4-3 Browns WILL NEED another good DT to go with Shelton. But someone says he is not a fit for the Greg Williams system.

    @the-gipper said:

    But someone says he is not a fit for the Greg Williams system.

    Someone?......

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Going to be anger if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I thoughthink for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

    from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

    @gumby73 said:

    from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

    Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

  • @the-gipper said:

    But someone says he is not a fit for the Greg Williams system.

    Someone?......

    @mudfly said:

    Someone?......

    It was in a post somewhere on here. I don't recall the author....I just recall the post.

    Was that you?

    OK, I see, it was Gumby

  • @gumby73 said:

    from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

    Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

    @gumby73 said:

    Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

    Then where does that leave Danny?

    Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

    Also though Poe was pretty "mobile" for his size.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

    Then where does that leave Danny?

    Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

    Also though Poe was pretty "mobile" for his size.

    @tour2ma said:

    Then where does that leave Danny?

    Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

    Also though Poe was pretty "mobile" for his size.

    +1

    And the Ravens utilized two pretty effectively

  • @gumby73 said:

    Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

    Then where does that leave Danny?

    Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

    Also though Poe was pretty "mobile" for his size.

    @tour2ma said:

    Then where does that leave Danny?

    Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

    Also though Poe was pretty "mobile" for his size.

    could not agree here more T. I find it interesting with the G.Williams statement of "all I got to do is get my hands on the kid once to determine if the kid has got play maker skills in him" From what I saw, I would think the senior bowl he coached had some good ones that fits his plans..tick tock

  • Tony Jefferson, S: Jefferson rebuffed the Browns’ overtures and signed with the Ravensinstead.

    Who wants to target this guys knees next year?

    @the-gipper said:

    Tony Jefferson, S: Jefferson rebuffed the Browns’ overtures and signed with the Ravensinstead.

    And now we know why...

    Tony Jefferson: Picked Ravens after trying on uniforms via Madden

    "I am a guy of swagger, so I gotta check the swag at all points before I make a decision," Jefferson told NFL.com this week. "I put myself in different uniforms on Madden to see what will look better. Ravens did look good, though."

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18973078/tony-jefferson-picked-baltimore-ravens-madden-uniform-experiment

    Guess no one told him our mascot's name...

  • Well, the Browns uniforms do suck badly at this point.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tony Jefferson, S: Jefferson rebuffed the Browns’ overtures and signed with the Ravensinstead.

    And now we know why...

    Tony Jefferson: Picked Ravens after trying on uniforms via Madden

    "I am a guy of swagger, so I gotta check the swag at all points before I make a decision," Jefferson told NFL.com this week. "I put myself in different uniforms on Madden to see what will look better. Ravens did look good, though."

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18973078/tony-jefferson-picked-baltimore-ravens-madden-uniform-experiment

    Guess no one told him our mascot's name...

    @tour2ma said:

    And now we know why...

    Tony Jefferson: Picked Ravens after trying on uniforms via Madden

    "I am a guy of swagger, so I gotta check the swag at all points before I make a decision," Jefferson told NFL.com this week. "I put myself in different uniforms on Madden to see what will look better. Ravens did look good, though."

    We now have our 1st Baltiwhore Browns cross dresser

  • Well, the Browns uniforms do suck badly at this point.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, the Browns uniforms do suck badly at this point.

    Let's face it. Browns unis need a major, major overhaul. We are one of the few teams that do not need to search very far for throwbacks. Just look in the locker. They look as old as.................................................us. 😉

  • Quietly signed a couple of our own yesterday...

    The Cleveland Browns signed exclusive rights free agent RB George Atkinson IIIicon-article-link.gif and restricted free agent DB Marcus Burleyicon-article-link.gif.

    Atkinson appeared in all 16 games with the Browns last season after joining the team via waivers from the Raiders during final roster cuts. He registered his first career rushing attempts during the 2016 season finale and finished with seven carries for 34 yards with one touchdown. For the season, he added six special-teams tackles and eight kickoff returns for 137 yards. Atkinson was originally signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2014 and has appeared in 21 career games.

    Burley appeared in 12 games with the Browns last season after joining the team via waivers from the Seahawks during final roster cuts. He totaled five tackles, one pass defensed and two special-teams tackles. Burley was originally signed by Seattle as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He has appeared in 38 career games and totaled 43 tackles, two interceptions, two sacks and eight passes defensed.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-RB-George-Atkinson-III-and-DB-Marcus-Burley/6e5f14bb-6c18-4a11-bc83-4b1e3459b04f

  • Speaking of RBs buried on the roster, I wonder if Darius Jackson could be more involved this upcoming season.

  • Speaking of RBs buried on the roster, I wonder if Darius Jackson could be more involved this upcoming season.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Speaking of RBs buried on the roster, I wonder if Darius Jackson could be more involved this upcoming season.

    Oh, yeah... commented a while ago about how he impressed last preseason in Dallas and only became available to us when he McFadden's return from the PUP, IIRC, forced Darius to waivers.

    The 'Boys really hoped he'd go unclaimed so they could assign him to their PS.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Speaking of RBs buried on the roster, I wonder if Darius Jackson could be more involved this upcoming season.

    Oh, yeah... commented a while ago about how he impressed last preseason in Dallas and only became available to us when he McFadden's return from the PUP, IIRC, forced Darius to waivers.

    The 'Boys really hoped he'd go unclaimed so they could assign him to their PS.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh, yeah... commented a while ago about how he impressed last preseason in Dallas and only became available to us when he McFadden's return from the PUP, IIRC, forced Darius to waivers.

    The 'Boys really hoped he'd go unclaimed so they could assign him to their PS.

    With this signing, and as you say, Jackson on the roster, as well as Duke/Crowe....I am not of the opinion that the Browns are likely to draft an RB. Maybe pick up a UDFA, but no drafted guy.

    Lets put it this way.....last year when they perceived a need the Browns took a WR early, plus 3 more in the mid/late rounds.

    When they perceived a need on the OL, they went out and signed 3...or was it 4 OL in free agency

    I could see them doing the same thing this time around. I expect them to "load up" at a position.

    Expect a minimum of 3 DBs to be drafted.

    But no RB.

  • Fun fact from ESPN's Wendy nix today on NFL Insiders...

    33% of all players in the NFL in 2016 came into the league as UDFAs.

    Even with a good boost from PSs, I'd never have put the percentage that high.

  • Fun fact from ESPN's Wendy nix today on NFL Insiders...

    33% of all players in the NFL in 2016 came into the league as UDFAs.

    Even with a good boost from PSs, I'd never have put the percentage that high.

    @tour2ma said:

    Fun fact from ESPN's Wendy nix today on NFL Insiders...

    33% of all players in the NFL in 2016 came into the league as UDFAs.

    Even with a good boost from PSs, I'd never have put the percentage that high.

    I guess you have to ask, with a 53 man roster, and only an average of 7 draft picks in a year, that would mean for a team to have no UDFAs on its roster, it would have to have had all draftees over a period of 7 and a half years.

    So, it kinda makes mathematical sense....even if it doesn't make logical sense.

  • AP is now a Saint...

    2-year contract, $7mm with incentives up to $8.25mm... $3.5mm guaranteed in 2017.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802102/article/adrian-peterson-saints-finalize-twoyear-contract

  • And Lynch is now a Raider... OAK FO throws a cookie to the BlackHole on their way out of town..