Skip to content

Possible Next Browns QB

The Browns Board
100 35 3.2k
  • I wasnt a fan of his in college

  • I wouldn't be devastated if it happened for, say a fourth round pick. He has a year left on his contract and, what, three starts?

  • Someone around the leaguevthough is gonna overreach and give the bengals more than he's worth. Bengals wont part with him for a 4th rounder.

  • He is backup quality imo. If he was that good, he would have beaten out the somewhat mediocre Andy Dalton.

  • AJ was my 2014 dark horse QB, so I'm biased. He did look good subbing for Andy in 2015. Showed the same "game manager" potential that he did at BAMA.

    All that said... I'll go with Hue on this one as he saw AJ up close for two years.

  • Do we really need another QB that can't beat the Squealers?

  • No no no no and no. Kessler is AJ McCarron- capable as a game manager.

    If they want to make a splash at QB, get a big, sturdy guy like Trubisky or that Allen kid from Wyoming.

  • Some of the biggest splashes are made by belly-flops...

  • Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

    It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

  • Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

    It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

    @mudfly said:

    Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

    It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

    Bull & Fox were talking about Taylor today, they said that he's going to ask for major bucks $$$.
  • Hue will fall in love with this guy....watch.....Im not sure how much he's worth, but doubt he'll demand..er..get top money.....

  • Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

    It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

    @mudfly said:

    Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

    It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

    Damn! And I was hoping he would take a shine to a motor mount....But no way to Adams.
  • I wouldnt be shocked if we go after taylor or bridgewater not sure id want either though.

  • @mudfly said:

    Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

    It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

    Bull & Fox were talking about Taylor today, they said that he's going to ask for major bucks $$$.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Bull & Fox were talking about Taylor today, they said that he's going to ask for major bucks $$$.

    Give it to him... for 2-3 seasons. It's not like we can't afford to pay someone.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Bull & Fox were talking about Taylor today, they said that he's going to ask for major bucks $$$.

    Give it to him... for 2-3 seasons. It's not like we can't afford to pay someone.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Give it to him... for 2-3 seasons. It's not like we can't afford to pay someone.

    If the Browns are going to take a FA QB, Taylor would be at the top of my list.

    Unfortunately, I don't see cheapskate Jimmah paying the $15-17 million a year asking price.

  • Taylor is under contract right now.....he's due 12m in '17 and 13m in 18'.....which is reasonable.......but we'd have to trade for him to get him at that price...... which I think would be easy....as Buff is getting ready to just release him anyway...

    So...if released, then we gotta negotiate.....but if we throw something at Buff, they just might bite and take "something" over nothing.......

  • Nothing in that article sez anything about Bungholes trading him in the division

  • Taylor is under contract right now.....he's due 12m in '17 and 13m in 18'.....which is reasonable.......but we'd have to trade for him to get him at that price...... which I think would be easy....as Buff is getting ready to just release him anyway...

    So...if released, then we gotta negotiate.....but if we throw something at Buff, they just might bite and take "something" over nothing.......

    @mudfly said:

    Taylor is under contract right now.....he's due 12m in '17 and 13m in 18'.....which is reasonable.......but we'd have to trade for him to get him at that price...... which I think would be easy....as Buff is getting ready to just release him anyway...

    So...if released, then we gotta negotiate.....but if we throw something at Buff, they just might bite and take "something" over nothing.......

    media was told, no decision on any players at this point including RG3. but Hump-tie Dump-tie is due a Roster Bonus in March..Tick Tock..

  • I fee like they will go after McCarron, Taylor or similar for 2018. Open competition with Kessler to start. The real QB plan is to draft one in 2018. In order to do that and not tank another season it's going to mean manipulation our picks to secure an extra 2018 1st.

  • I'd take bridgewater in general but it depends on his recovery. If he misses most of camp then it isn't worth it.