Skip to content

Hooker changes it up...he will enter the NFL draft !

The Browns Board
55 25 2.0k
  • @flugel said:

    That's great news! He has the instincts and ball skills to lead his conference in INTs (returning 3 of them for TDs) which could really help a position we're weak at right now. I was posting about hoping to add him a long time ago.

    How big is he? Is he a safety that will be up stopping the run or is he more of a free safety guy? The interception I saw in the bowl game made him look like more of a free safety. Had amazing range to get to that ball.

    @mark-o said:

    How big is he? Is he a safety that will be up stopping the run or is he more of a free safety guy? The interception I saw in the bowl game made him look like more of a free safety. Had amazing range to get to that ball.

    He's a Free Safety. I've seen him listed at 6'2" and 208 lbs.

  • ? Malik Hooker. Ohio State. The superior university to any dump in Michigan.

    @calfoxwc said:

    ? Malik Hooker. Ohio State. The superior university to any dump in Michigan.

    Ahh, sorry, I was watching the best team in the nation (USC) win their bowl game!

  • This is one of those guys that you hit a home run with by sticking to the motto of "Take the Best player Available" ... someone regardless of position of need with snag him. Not likely someone is looking for a ball hawking Safety in the first round, but he will be a gem as the best player on the board at some point in day #1 of the draft. Wonder where they have him projected at going in the draft, You'd think someone fed him some indication that he would be an early pick in order to come out early.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    ? Malik Hooker. Ohio State. The superior university to any dump in Michigan.

    Ahh, sorry, I was watching the best team in the nation (USC) win their bowl game!

    @d-bone said:

    Ahh, sorry, I was watching the best team in the nation (USC) win their bowl game!

    52-6?

  • OSU guy! OSU guy! We've got to get him!

    In seriousness I'd be ok with him at some point, we need a top safety and/or corner. But the homerism for OSU players around here is crazy...

  • All homerism aside, he's the best safety prospect in years, and would fill one of our biggest holes. Luckily this year there's two safeties that are can't miss, with Adams being the other. I would take either.

  • @d-bone said:

    Ahh, sorry, I was watching the best team in the nation (USC) win their bowl game!

    52-6?

    @wargograw said:

    52-6?

    LOLLOLOLO!! 😁 Yeah best team in America if you discount the south D Bone.

    Just to clarify Alabama 52 ----- USC 6

  • Who?

    @d-bone said:

    Who?

    the guy they are initially comparing to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor
  • When is the last day that players can declare? Hooker is not listed on a number of the draft prospect lists. But after that date, everyone that will be in the draft should be known.

  • OSU guy! OSU guy! We've got to get him!

    In seriousness I'd be ok with him at some point, we need a top safety and/or corner. But the homerism for OSU players around here is crazy...

    @gftchris said:

    OSU guy! OSU guy! We've got to get him!

    In seriousness I'd be ok with him at some point, we need a top safety and/or corner. But the homerism for OSU players around here is crazy...

    yea with household names all around the league I'd keep away from OSU guys like they have
  • @d-bone said:

    Ahh, sorry, I was watching the best team in the nation (USC) win their bowl game!

    52-6?

    @wargograw said:

    52-6?

    I guess an A&M guy wouldn't know about a team playing its best football at the end of the season.

  • @d-bone said:

    Who?

    the guy they are initially comparing to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor

    @cdl15 said:

    the guy they are initially comparing to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor

    Sounds like a slam dunk...... although I don't like "they".

    "They" also said Johnny Drugball would dominate in the NFL.

  • @wargograw said:

    52-6?

    I guess an A&M guy wouldn't know about a team playing its best football at the end of the season.

    @d-bone said:

    I guess an A&M guy wouldn't know about a team playing its best football at the end of the season.

    Not an SC fan at all...but can't argue with the turnaround that team made this season. If they aren't a playoff team next year, something is wrong.

  • Fair to say that if Malik Hooker isn't with the Buckeyes this past year, they aren't in a playoff game.

    It's not all about QB's.

  • I'd still take Marlon Humphrey over Malik Hooker with that second first rounder.

  • @wargograw said:

    52-6?

    I guess an A&M guy wouldn't know about a team playing its best football at the end of the season.

    @d-bone said:

    I guess an A&M guy wouldn't know about a team playing its best football at the end of the season.

    Completely irrelevant. Stick to facts. You lost 52-6 and they beat your only common opponent worse than you did. If they replayed today, at best it would be the game people expected the first time around. Within two TDs with USC still pretty easily on the losing end.

    And I generally like USC.

  • I'd still take Marlon Humphrey over Malik Hooker with that second first rounder.

    @secondwave said:

    I'd still take Marlon Humphrey over Malik Hooker with that second first rounder.

    lol. Marlon Humphrey may not go first round. Having an elite safety will make Haden look like an all-pro again.
  • @d-bone said:

    I guess an A&M guy wouldn't know about a team playing its best football at the end of the season.

    Completely irrelevant. Stick to facts. You lost 52-6 and they beat your only common opponent worse than you did. If they replayed today, at best it would be the game people expected the first time around. Within two TDs with USC still pretty easily on the losing end.

    And I generally like USC.

    @wargograw said:

    Completely irrelevant. Stick to facts. You lost 52-6

    Fact is, I don't play for USC, so factually I didn't lose.

  • When is the last day that players can declare? Hooker is not listed on a number of the draft prospect lists. But after that date, everyone that will be in the draft should be known.

    @the-gipper said:

    When is the last day that players can declare? Hooker is not listed on a number of the draft prospect lists. But after that date, everyone that will be in the draft should be known.

    January 15th.

  • @cdl15 said:

    the guy they are initially comparing to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor

    Sounds like a slam dunk...... although I don't like "they".

    "They" also said Johnny Drugball would dominate in the NFL.

    @d-bone said:

    Sounds like a slam dunk...... although I don't like "they".

    "They" also said Johnny Drugball would dominate in the NFL.

    fair enough but watched hooker play all season and he was a man amongst boys