Skip to content

Appendicitis yesterday

Barber Shop Talk
54 8 2.6k
  • Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.

    Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @mjp28 said:

    Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.

    Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.

    Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Good to hear you are doing better!

    Mike

  • @mjp28 said:

    Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.

    Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.

    Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @bbedward said:

    Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.

    Glad to hear all went well. Are you to take it easy for a few days?

  • @bbedward said:

    Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.

    Glad to hear all went well. Are you to take it easy for a few days?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mjp28 said:

    Glad to hear all went well. Are you to take it easy for a few days?

    Yea no heavy lifting, work from home, take percocets as needed.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #8

    My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Get Well.

  • My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.

    Times have changed a bit now where they can quickly curb infection and stuff like that if it ruptures. But I was trying to sleep through the pain and hoped it went away overnight, good thing I didn't though

  • @mjp28 said:

    Glad to hear all went well. Are you to take it easy for a few days?

    Yea no heavy lifting, work from home, take percocets as needed.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @bbedward said:

    Yea no heavy lifting, work from home, take percocets as needed.

    πŸ™‚
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.

  • Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.

    Yeah they're not M&Ms or Juigi Fruits. I've got chronic hip and shoulder pain but am super careful with those little helpers.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #14

    They ain't that big of a deal.

  • They ain't that big of a deal.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    "One said:

    They ain't that big of a deal.

    Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.

    I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.

    I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.

  • "One said:

    They ain't that big of a deal.

    Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.

    I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.

    I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mjp28 said:

    Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.

    I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.

    I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.

    I take pain killers but not all the time, only when I need to. They constipate me and make me very irritable. I can go for weeks without it but when I need them they help very much. I've taken Percs before and don't touch my pain. Actually ultram works very good for me too and it's less of a big deal because they're opioids; not an opiate.

    I have a high tolerance for pain killers I can take 3000 ml of Vikes in one dose. Sometimes in the morning you can read my posts and tell I'm on it. I haven't taken any yet this year! πŸ™‚

  • I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.

    I'm not an addict. I can file for disability if I wanted but I'm a worker...take your nap.
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.

    I'm not an addict. I can file for disability if I wanted but I'm a worker...take your nap.
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @one-post said:

    I'm not an addict. I can file for disability if I wanted but I'm a worker...take your nap.

    Now now, don't be upset. Pain killers can affect your temper also.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @one-post said:

    If I were an addict would I have this many and not take any. Oh and by the way I got tons more.

    I'll pray for your recovery.

  • @one-post said:

    If I were an addict would I have this many and not take any. Oh and by the way I got tons more.

    I'll pray for your recovery.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by One Post
    #21

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'll pray for your recovery.

    Go ahead and do that and while you're at it pray for your sobriety.
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'll pray for your recovery.

    Go ahead and do that and while you're at it pray for your sobriety.
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @one-post said:

    Go ahead and do that and while you're at it pray for your sobriety.

    I'm clean and working on the 12 steps. Thank you so much for your concern. It is appreciated.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I went golfing on a Sunday morning. Felt consipated all day, shot a horrible round. Went home and couldn't sleep cause of the pain. Went to the hospital and the next day, out came the Appendix. They only gave me Tylenol. No hard drugs at all