Skip to content

Appendicitis yesterday

Barber Shop Talk
54 8 2.6k
  • @bbedward said:

    I have a really high pain tolerance so no biggy to me. Still take one every 3/4 hrs though maybe because they do help with the pain.

    Can you actually see being addicted to those pills though. To me it's when I need them then taking them for a buzz. But yes they will put you in a stae of euphoria but all the time feeling like that sucks.

    "One said:

    Can you actually see being addicted to those pills though. To me it's when I need them then taking them for a buzz. But yes they will put you in a stae of euphoria but all the time feeling like that sucks.

    No but I'm actually immune to pill/narcotic addiction or any hard drug addiction.

    I know everyone's like "oh it can't happen to me" then it does, but it would literally never happen to me for a variety of reasons.

    Plus if you buy them illegally then you'll go bankrupt. I know somebody who went from 700+ credit score to bankruptcy in 2 years from pills (more than just painkillers though - Xanax, percs, adderall, everything under the sun)

  • "One said:

    Can you actually see being addicted to those pills though. To me it's when I need them then taking them for a buzz. But yes they will put you in a stae of euphoria but all the time feeling like that sucks.

    No but I'm actually immune to pill/narcotic addiction or any hard drug addiction.

    I know everyone's like "oh it can't happen to me" then it does, but it would literally never happen to me for a variety of reasons.

    Plus if you buy them illegally then you'll go bankrupt. I know somebody who went from 700+ credit score to bankruptcy in 2 years from pills (more than just painkillers though - Xanax, percs, adderall, everything under the sun)

    @bbedward said:

    No but I'm actually immune to pill/narcotic addiction or any hard drug addiction.

    I know everyone's like "oh it can't happen to me" then it does, but it would literally never happen to me for a variety of reasons.

    Plus if you buy them illegally then you'll go bankrupt. I know somebody who went from 700+ credit score to bankruptcy in 2 years from pills (more than just painkillers though - Xanax, percs, adderall, everything under the sun)

    I've been prescribed for a long time now and I'm supposed to take them. If I go to an appointment I'd better have it in my system. I always do when my doc appt. is near. I don't tell anyone about my meds..well you guys but hey you don't know where I live.
  • Dude, no one is immune from addiction. Your in denial.

  • Dude, no one is immune from addiction. Your in denial.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Dude, no one is immune from addiction. Your in denial.

    Some people are just smart enough not to do shit all the time.
  • appendicitis is scary stuff, never had it but stories say it's extremely painful, and

    can kill if it ruptures.

    I had percs when I had my knee replaced. I think I took one of two, then threw the rest away.

    the addictive tag bothered me.

  • I went golfing on a Sunday morning. Felt consipated all day, shot a horrible round. Went home and couldn't sleep cause of the pain. Went to the hospital and the next day, out came the Appendix. They only gave me Tylenol. No hard drugs at all

    @browns149 said:

    I went golfing on a Sunday morning. Felt consipated all day, shot a horrible round. Went home and couldn't sleep cause of the pain. Went to the hospital and the next day, out came the Appendix. They only gave me Tylenol. No hard drugs at all

    They tend to do that now if at all possible Tylenol instead of the big stuff and if you really need something more maybe they'll kick it up.

    Ohio in particular got a bad reputation from the doctors going heavy with the Schedule II meds that they know has led to some of the current heroin crisis going on.

    I believe most people would not have any adverse effects from those med after surgery or like me chronic pain -but- for some they slide into a slippery slope with bad results.

    And we as a society are paying a price for the druggie problem both from robberies and added incarcerations and the cost of dealing with the OD problem. .....getting expensive!

  • There's probably a lot of peeps on this board that would love some of my meds. Nope can't have any get your own.

    It's a bunch of bs I have to go through seriously. If I do a blood test and show that I haven't been taking them they will discontinue the script. If I don't buy them same senerio. So I take as needed and have stockpiled many of them. I don't abuse them as you would think, actually it's the complete opposite. So if I'm a druggy suck my dick.

  • There's probably a lot of peeps on this board that would love some of my meds. Nope can't have any get your own.

    It's a bunch of bs I have to go through seriously. If I do a blood test and show that I haven't been taking them they will discontinue the script. If I don't buy them same senerio. So I take as needed and have stockpiled many of them. I don't abuse them as you would think, actually it's the complete opposite. So if I'm a druggy suck my dick.

    "One said:

    There's probably a lot of peeps on this board that would love some of my meds. Nope can't have any get your own.

    It's a bunch of bs I have to go through seriously. If I do a blood test and show that I haven't been taking them they will discontinue the script. If I don't buy them same senerio. So I take as needed and have stockpiled many of them. I don't abuse them as you would think, actually it's the complete opposite. So if I'm a druggy suck my dick.

    I've gone through the same stuff after a bad car accident 29 years ago, been through the whole med routine BUT lately the rules are changing mainly with insurance rules and the laws.

    I'm glad I stockpiled when I could. 😉

  • Dude, no one is immune from addiction. Your in denial.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Dude, no one is immune from addiction. Your in denial.

    It's all a mental thing. Sure the withdrawals suck if you're really heavy into it, but they only last a few days with narcotics like percocet

    @mjp28 said:

    They tend to do that now if at all possible Tylenol instead of the big stuff and if you really need something more maybe they'll kick it up.

    Ohio in particular got a bad reputation from the doctors going heavy with the Schedule II meds that they know has led to some of the current heroin crisis going on.

    I believe most people would not have any adverse effects from those med after surgery or like me chronic pain -but- for some they slide into a slippery slope with bad results.

    And we as a society are paying a price for the druggie problem both from robberies and added incarcerations and the cost of dealing with the OD problem. .....getting expensive!

    They don't give them out like candy anymore but after any surgery I'd still expect them to give out the heavy duty stuff. And appendicitis itself can be extremely painful - they shot me up with dilaudid a few times before the surgery and I was happy they did.

  • "One said:

    There's probably a lot of peeps on this board that would love some of my meds. Nope can't have any get your own.

    It's a bunch of bs I have to go through seriously. If I do a blood test and show that I haven't been taking them they will discontinue the script. If I don't buy them same senerio. So I take as needed and have stockpiled many of them. I don't abuse them as you would think, actually it's the complete opposite. So if I'm a druggy suck my dick.

    I've gone through the same stuff after a bad car accident 29 years ago, been through the whole med routine BUT lately the rules are changing mainly with insurance rules and the laws.

    I'm glad I stockpiled when I could. 😉

    @mjp28 said:

    I've gone through the same stuff after a bad car accident 29 years ago, been through the whole med routine BUT lately the rules are changing mainly with insurance rules and the laws.

    I'm glad I stockpiled when I could. 😉

    It's going to come down to doctors not giving out pain meds. The druggies and drug dealers have spoiled this for everyone. So who's to blame? I can't tell you this but I know who's going to get the shaft in the end. Law abiding citizens.
  • Ok DieHard Lol

  • @mjp28 said:

    I've gone through the same stuff after a bad car accident 29 years ago, been through the whole med routine BUT lately the rules are changing mainly with insurance rules and the laws.

    I'm glad I stockpiled when I could. 😉

    It's going to come down to doctors not giving out pain meds. The druggies and drug dealers have spoiled this for everyone. So who's to blame? I can't tell you this but I know who's going to get the shaft in the end. Law abiding citizens.

    "One said:

    It's going to come down to doctors not giving out pain meds. The druggies and drug dealers have spoiled this for everyone. So who's to blame? I can't tell you this but I know who's going to get the shaft in the end. Law abiding citizens.

    My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

    And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

    She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

  • "One said:

    It's going to come down to doctors not giving out pain meds. The druggies and drug dealers have spoiled this for everyone. So who's to blame? I can't tell you this but I know who's going to get the shaft in the end. Law abiding citizens.

    My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

    And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

    She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

    @mjp28 said:

    My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

    And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

    She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

    I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.
  • @mjp28 said:

    My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

    And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

    She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

    I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

    "One said:

    I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

    Is this you?

    breaking-bad-S5-400x600-compressedV1.jpg

  • @mjp28 said:

    My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

    And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

    She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

    I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

    @one-post said:

    I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

    Dude, you're hoarding fucking percs. Then saying 'it ain't no big deal'. Why do you need them? To use later 'just in case'?

  • @one-post said:

    I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

    Dude, you're hoarding fucking percs. Then saying 'it ain't no big deal'. Why do you need them? To use later 'just in case'?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Dude, you're hoarding fucking percs. Then saying 'it ain't no big deal'. Why do you need them? To use later 'just in case'?

    Because I can. Who knows how long it will last before I can't get them anymore. Who cares?

    @bbedward said:

    Is this you?breaking-bad-S5-400x600-compressedV1.jpg

    No bbedward I'm not that cool.

  • The problem isn't my drug intake. My problem is I'm a workaholic. I've been advised to hang em up but I can't. There I said it.

  • Not to mention I believe it is illegal to hold onto such a quantity of pills, even though they are your prescription. They must remain in the original container and only be removed when taken. They cannot be kept beyond the date listed on the bottle, etc.

  • I think being a BK manager is just a front for something much more nefarious.