Appendicitis yesterday
-
Yesterday I woke up with an empty ache feeling right under my belly button.
I was like maybe a weird hunger thing going on since I didn't really eat dinner the day before so I ate breakfast. Then the ache and pain grew stronger where it hurt to move so I took some milk of magnesia and eagerly awaited a shit. Took a shit, no difference.
Still did stuff around the house, took ibuprofen , pain got worse, couldn't sleep. Knew pain was coming from appendix area so had to go in
Yadda yadda yadda drove myself to the ER they injected me with good stuff a few times (Dilaudid). Took blood, did a CT scan.
Sure appendicitis, need surgery blah blah blah.
Done with surgery around 9am feeling great still waiting around now at 6pm to be discharged and for a percocet prescription.
Anyway just sharing about my sudden bout of acute appendicitis. I know it's super common and all but still came on strong.
-
Yesterday I woke up with an empty ache feeling right under my belly button.
I was like maybe a weird hunger thing going on since I didn't really eat dinner the day before so I ate breakfast. Then the ache and pain grew stronger where it hurt to move so I took some milk of magnesia and eagerly awaited a shit. Took a shit, no difference.
Still did stuff around the house, took ibuprofen , pain got worse, couldn't sleep. Knew pain was coming from appendix area so had to go in
Yadda yadda yadda drove myself to the ER they injected me with good stuff a few times (Dilaudid). Took blood, did a CT scan.
Sure appendicitis, need surgery blah blah blah.
Done with surgery around 9am feeling great still waiting around now at 6pm to be discharged and for a percocet prescription.
Anyway just sharing about my sudden bout of acute appendicitis. I know it's super common and all but still came on strong.
Yesterday I woke up with an empty ache feeling right under my belly button.
I was like maybe a weird hunger thing going on since I didn't really eat dinner the day before so I ate breakfast. Then the ache and pain grew stronger where it hurt to move so I took some milk of magnesia and eagerly awaited a shit. Took a shit, no difference.
Still did stuff around the house, took ibuprofen , pain got worse, couldn't sleep. Knew pain was coming from appendix area so had to go in
Yadda yadda yadda drove myself to the ER they injected me with good stuff a few times (Dilaudid). Took blood, did a CT scan.
Sure appendicitis, need surgery blah blah blah.
Done with surgery around 9am feeling great still waiting around now at 6pm to be discharged and for a percocet prescription.
Anyway just sharing about my sudden bout of acute appendicitis. I know it's super common and all but still came on strong.
My uncle Dale died at the age of 19 from
Appendicitis -
Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.
Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.
-
Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.
Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.
Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.
Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.
Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.
-
Good to hear you are doing better!
Mike
-
Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.
Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.
Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.
-
-
My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.
-
Get Well.
-
My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.
My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.
Times have changed a bit now where they can quickly curb infection and stuff like that if it ruptures. But I was trying to sleep through the pain and hoped it went away overnight, good thing I didn't though
-
-
Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.
-
Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.
Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.
Yeah they're not M&Ms or Juigi Fruits. I've got chronic hip and shoulder pain but am super careful with those little helpers.
-
They ain't that big of a deal.
-
"One said:
They ain't that big of a deal.
Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.
I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.
I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.
-
I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.
-
"One said:
They ain't that big of a deal.
Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.
I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.
I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.
I take pain killers but not all the time, only when I need to. They constipate me and make me very irritable. I can go for weeks without it but when I need them they help very much. I've taken Percs before and don't touch my pain. Actually ultram works very good for me too and it's less of a big deal because they're opioids; not an opiate.Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.
I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.
I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.
I have a high tolerance for pain killers I can take 3000 ml of Vikes in one dose. Sometimes in the morning you can read my posts and tell I'm on it. I haven't taken any yet this year!

-
I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.
I'm not an addict. I can file for disability if I wanted but I'm a worker...take your nap.I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.
-
I'm not an addict. I can file for disability if I wanted but I'm a worker...take your nap.I'm sure most addicts think 'they ain't a big deal' also.
-
@one-post said:
If I were an addict would I have this many and not take any. Oh and by the way I got tons more.
I'll pray for your recovery.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login