Streaming
-
So Susan bought me a Google home device for Christmas which is pretty cool. I remember we had discussed before which music streaming services I should get. Since this is a Google device I decided to go with Google Play music which includes a subscription to YouTube red and vice versa. The 2 for 1 services or a good deal and have plenty of worthwhile content.
I've only stopped Google play music on one album by Tony Carey but they have all the rest of his records. The good thing is that it includes Westside Steve Simmons entire catalog and Ariel's Attic from our compadre Axe.
WSS
-
My problem is the stream pay rates..
From my Digital Distribution Sales book keeping on my solo stuff
Google--------$0.00587769 per stream
iTunes US ---$0.00858858
iTunes Eu----$0.01269913
Spotify-------$0.00666886
As I mentioned in the other thread.. We've had just shy of 20,000 streams for "Hallelujah" worldwide on Spotify in about a week..
20,000!!
Our cut? $132.04 and I still have to pay the distributor and the Cohen estate.. The music biz is broken..
-
Not much different than it always was. You still have to tour.
Nobody buys CDs anymore or even buys a single for a buck.
WSS
-
-
Not much different than it always was. You still have to tour.
Nobody buys CDs anymore or even buys a single for a buck.
WSS
Daughter bought me a Roku a few years ago, before I had a "smart TV".
Used the Roku for HBO Go and Amazon Prime, but not too often. Still do, but now our cable company has implemented usage billing based on "peak use in peak use periods... blah blah blah..." so now use it even less.
Not much different than it always was. You still have to tour.
Nobody buys CDs anymore or even buys a single for a buck.I do
.... but I prefer vinyl, which BTW had it's biggest year in decades in 2016. -
Here's an idea.
Watch less tv
If you have to bing tv. You need a better life IMO
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login