Why I love the journey to the superbowl with the Browns..
-
Regarding your farm stories Cal, I tried cow tipping once (a relatively small calf). Simple, just grab it's front and back legs, give it a shoulder, and over it goes. Right? Wrong. I couldn't do it. Amazing how strong they are.
On a more unhappy pig story note, one of my former co-workers played for Kent State- with Jack Lambert no less. They had an annual greased pig contest. Sure enough, when Jack got hold of the pig, it didn't survive. Also the Bouncers in the Kent bars at the time were in mortal fear Lambert was going to walk in and beat the crap out of them for amusement.
-
LOL. I met Lambert at the old Kent Robin Hood Inn one night. Just said "hi, Mr. Lambert" and he grinned , and said "hi". It is a bit unnerving - Lambert had this solemn glare/stare that was just natural to his face. lol
With Lambert's natural glare, and his height, well, and football rep, I have zero doubt about bouncers being afraid of him.LOL
But I don't think he would ever hurt a pig. Probably just a metaphor for "no chance". My friend was good friends with a lot of
the players - I've been to a couple of her parties - if you knew Lambert, you wouldn't be afraid of him at all. Unless
you were on the offense of the other football team....
I was walking past the door back to my table with a date, We had met once before - I took a call once - office sitting for
my friend , and it was Gary Pinkel - he was hoping to find extra tickets for a big home game, for his family and friends,
and for his roommate, too. I rustled some up with some folks on her list in her ofice, and got them the same day, and
Pinkel and Lambert dropped by and picked them up.
Pinkel was a TE, and everybody knows Lambert. See, they were roommates.... so I got to meet both of them for about
30 secs.
It was just two evenings later at the Robin Hood Inn. Too bad - I never met Nick Saban. '72 was a great football year.
I remember Pinkel - he was as fierce a competitor as Lambert, but he was a TE - really solid blocker, excellent hands...he
made it to the NFL for a while, but went into coaching with the head coach at the time they were at Kent.
-
meanwhile, my pig story was missed by some friends, so I will bump it just this once....
good pig stories are tough to come by...
-
-
@ghoolie said:
The Cleveland Browns will never play in a Superbowl. Ever. he team will be folded, moved and renamed with the history forever remaining in Cleveland. Like an abandoned amusement park,
Your life and they are bound together by Karma then?
-
@ghoolie said:
Practicality and logic. The fan base and market for Cleveland Browns football is shrinking. There is no arguing this. THe NFL is a business, but if the fans are no longer there, then businesses wild move to there there is a market for their product.
You see it here. People like Hoorta giving up their season tickets. The Browns stadium being announced as over run by Steeler fans. Ohio being just as much Steeler country as Browns country.
Dude, put on your glasses. Hue isn't the only one about to get shit canned. Haslam is already looking at his options for this pile of shit.
All it takes is winning to change all that.
Look how many FRAKs are in the Cavs bandwagon now.
-
@ghoolie said:
Practicality and logic. The fan base and market for Cleveland Browns football is shrinking. There is no arguing this. THe NFL is a business, but if the fans are no longer there, then businesses wild move to there there is a market for their product.
You see it here. People like Hoorta giving up their season tickets. The Browns stadium being announced as over run by Steeler fans. Ohio being just as much Steeler country as Browns country.
Dude, put on your glasses. Hue isn't the only one about to get shit canned. Haslam is already looking at his options for this pile of shit.
All it takes is winning to change all that.
Look how many FRAKs are in the Cavs bandwagon now.
All it takes is winning to change all that.
Look how many FRAKs are in the Cavs bandwagon now.
And I'll subscribe to the theory even blind squirrels find acorns once in awhile.
Ghoolie's also under the impression Haslam can just pick up and leave whenever he feels like it. We both know that's not the case. 2028, 2028, 2028. That's his option Tom V. Stick it out for another 11 years, or sell out. I really think Jimmy is committed to Cleveland- he'll get it right eventually. -
Didn't Lambert MARRY a pig? Met her in the PEN if I heard right.

Mike
-
That's just wrong....you swine. I didn't know you could be such a boar.

-
@ghoolie said:
Practicality and logic. The fan base and market for Cleveland Browns football is shrinking. There is no arguing this. THe NFL is a business, but if the fans are no longer there, then businesses wild move to there there is a market for their product.
Pffft. Thanks to global warming, the north shore will soon be the new south beach, the time to buy is now!
-
@ghoolie said:
And your point is what? Steeler fans suck because they flock to a winning team? Browns fans suck because they are falling away from a shit team?
You make my points very well. There is no difference between a Steeler fan and a Browns fan. Both of their popularity comes largely from winning.
Well,then, YOU agree with me. I have no doubts that if the Browns get back to winning ways you will see some FRAKS climb on board the bandwagon
You will also see those who have been latent fans renew their enthusiasm.
Remember, there IS a difference between a FRAK (Frontrunnerasskisser) and a Fair weather fan. (they only root for their team when they win)
The Steelers I am sure have both in spades. The Browns would have them as well.
HOWEVER..................... the Browns are not in any position to win in the foreseeable future. Especially if they take Black Tarkenton V. Wait, I forgot, the firing of 7 coaches shows stability, continuity and a team building for the future. Yeah, in another town.
Well, I don't think the way to winning is to hang on to bad coaches.
Horton was a bad DC. When he was replaced, his team went with him, and that is why the turnover. Which is a natural thing.
I think you and I agree on the way to turning things around here: get that QB.
You do that...and I think the Browns are in a position to win in the very foreseeable future.
-
Regarding your farm stories Cal, I tried cow tipping once (a relatively small calf). Simple, just grab it's front and back legs, give it a shoulder, and over it goes. Right? Wrong. I couldn't do it. Amazing how strong they are.
On a more unhappy pig story note, one of my former co-workers played for Kent State- with Jack Lambert no less. They had an annual greased pig contest. Sure enough, when Jack got hold of the pig, it didn't survive. Also the Bouncers in the Kent bars at the time were in mortal fear Lambert was going to walk in and beat the crap out of them for amusement.
cow tipping is an urban legend. It's virtually impossible to knock a cow over (even if it's sleeling). I'm not sure it's ever even been done.Regarding your farm stories Cal, I tried cow tipping once (a relatively small calf). Simple, just grab it's front and back legs, give it a shoulder, and over it goes. Right? Wrong. I couldn't do it. Amazing how strong they are.
On a more unhappy pig story note, one of my former co-workers played for Kent State- with Jack Lambert no less. They had an annual greased pig contest. Sure enough, when Jack got hold of the pig, it didn't survive. Also the Bouncers in the Kent bars at the time were in mortal fear Lambert was going to walk in and beat the crap out of them for amusement.
-
cow tipping is an urban legend. It's virtually impossible to knock a cow over (even if it's sleeling). I'm not sure it's ever even been done.Regarding your farm stories Cal, I tried cow tipping once (a relatively small calf). Simple, just grab it's front and back legs, give it a shoulder, and over it goes. Right? Wrong. I couldn't do it. Amazing how strong they are.
On a more unhappy pig story note, one of my former co-workers played for Kent State- with Jack Lambert no less. They had an annual greased pig contest. Sure enough, when Jack got hold of the pig, it didn't survive. Also the Bouncers in the Kent bars at the time were in mortal fear Lambert was going to walk in and beat the crap out of them for amusement.
-
haha that's called cow plowingIts not that hard when you are using a Dodge Ram 2500.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login