Tiamat's tale of the tape.
-
All good ideas. I like the idea of having a set day/time each month that all could plan for. I'm in, and I will work around the dates/times ... just set one.
-
All good ideas. I like the idea of having a set day/time each month that all could plan for. I'm in, and I will work around the dates/times ... just set one.
-
I second Jabrill Peppers being BANISHED from any Cleveland Browns draft thoughts,thinking,talk,discussion,in other words BANNED from our draft board!!! NEXT!!!
I second Jabrill Peppers being BANISHED from any Cleveland Browns draft thoughts,thinking,talk,discussion,in other words BANNED from our draft board!!! NEXT!!!
uhhh why?
-
just do one side of the ball at a time
-
I second Jabrill Peppers being BANISHED from any Cleveland Browns draft thoughts,thinking,talk,discussion,in other words BANNED from our draft board!!! NEXT!!!
uhhh why?
uhhh why?
We prefer our DB's to be a little more... DBish.
-
-
-
Why the Speedo?
I'd attend if I was around just to observe and learn more. I'm not anywhere near qualifed to break down film.
Screw that... it ain't rocket science.

Seriously, you can only learn by doing and then comparing notes.
When you focus on one player captured in a video cut up, it's not hard to determine whether he wins or loses his battle. Pretty soon you then start seeing patterns in why players win or lose. If in some plays you don't end up having any idea what his assignment was, then odds are he did not either.
There you're trained...

Seriously start with a line position... whichever side of the ball you enjoy most. Did the DE guess/pick a side, or did he control and read his blocker? Did the LG miss a stunt because he wasn't quick enough, or did he not see it because he dropped his head initially double teaming the NT? It's really about gauging athleticism, which can't be taught, vs. technique, which can be.
Then move to the RBs and/or LBs where reaction/anticipation are even bigger factors.
WRs, DBs and QBs leave for later. Unless you have all-22 footage available they are very hard to evaluate and even experienced amateur evaluators end up with impressions or educated guesses at best, e.g., was the QB going thru progressions, how well did the CB turn out of his back-peddle, how crisp was the WR's cut and did he come back to the ball?
-
Why the Speedo?
I'd attend if I was around just to observe and learn more. I'm not anywhere near qualifed to break down film.
Screw that... it ain't rocket science.

Seriously, you can only learn by doing and then comparing notes.
When you focus on one player captured in a video cut up, it's not hard to determine whether he wins or loses his battle. Pretty soon you then start seeing patterns in why players win or lose. If in some plays you don't end up having any idea what his assignment was, then odds are he did not either.
There you're trained...

Seriously start with a line position... whichever side of the ball you enjoy most. Did the DE guess/pick a side, or did he control and read his blocker? Did the LG miss a stunt because he wasn't quick enough, or did he not see it because he dropped his head initially double teaming the NT? It's really about gauging athleticism, which can't be taught, vs. technique, which can be.
Then move to the RBs and/or LBs where reaction/anticipation are even bigger factors.
WRs, DBs and QBs leave for later. Unless you have all-22 footage available they are very hard to evaluate and even experienced amateur evaluators end up with impressions or educated guesses at best, e.g., was the QB going thru progressions, how well did the CB turn out of his back-peddle, how crisp was the WR's cut and did he come back to the ball?
-
-
Zombo said:
Basically just wanted to freak Mark out. Mission Accomplished.
Ah... so Mark is comfortable with "The Full Monty". Good to know...
-
-
-
I second Jabrill Peppers being BANISHED from any Cleveland Browns draft thoughts,thinking,talk,discussion,in other words BANNED from our draft board!!! NEXT!!!
uhhh why?
1.He IS a premedonna!uhhh why?
2.He IS a diva!
3.NO CLASS!
4.He is a tweaner!
5.He is a cry baby!
6.He has BUST written all over him!!!!!!
7.He is from THAT SCHOOL UP NORTH!!!
8.NUFF SAID IMHO!!!
-
Use the WalterFootball list.. CBS is more wrong than right
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login