Skip to content

Jimmy's Letter to the Season ticket holders

The Browns Board
48 18 1.5k
  • @stillmotion said:

    If we don't break 500 by season 3 do you think that'll be expected? As fans should be give them till year 4 or 5 to break 500?

    Traditionally, year three was seen as the season where it shows that you're headed in the right direction. Marked improvement. Staying in the playoff discussions until quite late in the season, if not capturing a wild card spot.

    Year four you'd want to be in the playoffs and year five contending for the championship.

    Our Geek Squad set the bar quite low for themselves so they ought to be able to show marked improvement between year one and two.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @orion said:

    Traditionally, year three was seen as the season where it shows that you're headed in the right direction. Marked improvement. Staying in the playoff discussions until quite late in the season, if not capturing a wild card spot.

    Year four you'd want to be in the playoffs and year five contending for the championship.

    I think this is possible NEXT season IF they draft right, sign a FA or 2.

    No reason to think they can't be on at least the fringe of contention, like a Tennesse, Indy, or Houston.

    Like Atenears said, it's a change in mindset from losing. I don't know how much of a leader Collins is, but sign him...he came from a great organization, he should inspire the team.

  • I don't know how any team can win when the projection is not too. I don't know how, as a coach, you don't not only take the job, but take it believing that you are going to complete for the Super Bowl. Vince Lombardi & Paul Brown would have firm rimmed the bill of their hat and said, "Let's get this done boys!" No freaking way would they shrug their shoulders and gulp, "well fella's lets just try to win a few and regroup".

    I've said for many many years, it is all about attitude. As a head coach, you need to barge into the losing locker room of the first game, kick the steel garbage can as far as you can, slap some shit around and need to be restrained from ripping some young players head off for smiling or just playing music.

    This pussy stance of 3 years, maybe 4yrs, for fuckssake give'm 5 years is obsurd. These are professional athletes. The other locker room ain't giants or robo-players, they are the same guys everyone in the locker room competed against at all the levels they worked their way up through to get to the NFL.

    This has become a loser franchise and we are loser fans if you accept that bullshit. Losing became contagious, just as Coach Lombardi predicted.

    And some wondered why I took a hiatus away from anything to do with this team ... believe me I tried, but I just couldn't fully accept the fact that these grown men would succumb to accept losing.

    But you all have ... and it is a damn same. We are better fan base than this, or at least we were. Fuck waiting until 2018, I expect to be in the playoffs next season. Let me into that fucking locker room or those board meetings, i'll see it through ... the little pukes.

    Start minimizing fucking mistakes and it starts right here with this pussy-foot apology letter and participation medals to the coaching staff. Damn, we are still looking at collective bargained revenue and not wins and losses, and you guys are accepting it.

    Fuck, wake up. The losing stops last Sunday. If that ain't everyone's attitude then why are you here? Why have a message board forum to remind everyone that winning isn't the goal ... yet?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @atenears said:

    But you all have ... and it is a damn same. We are better fan base than this, or at least we were. Fuck waiting until 2018, I expect to be in the playoffs next season. Let me into that fucking locker room or those board meetings, i'll see it through ... the little pukes.

    You're so right, because I have so much fucking influence on how those guys play! Jesus Christ, stop beating your chest and calm down. No one has accepted or want losing but many of us are smartly aware there's jack shit we as fans can really do about it either. The only way we can hurt the Browns organization is with our wallets and that could easily just cause the team to move again.

    So seriously, what the fuck do you want us as fans to do? That's an honest question, because your wet dream of slamming the doors open, giving an any given sunday speech and winning a super bowl aint happening. Do you want a protest outside of the stadium or something? Do we want me to yell at the stadium "I DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!"? Unless you have some magic 8 ball all we can do is support our hometown team, boo 'em when they always suck and hope for the best. I sure as shit know acting macho on a message board isn't doing squat.

  • Sorry enough to give me a rebate?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @jcam222 said:

    Sorry enough to give me a rebate?

    They gave us a rebate. We don't have to pay for the game in London
  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #13

    He can shove the sorry up his ass. All this team ever does is win maybe 4 games a fucking year. At what point does shit turn around instead of saying it will and bring in a new coach every other year and a rookie qb to ride the bench blah blah blah Don't say shit just start fucking winning.

  • @atenears said:

    But you all have ... and it is a damn same. We are better fan base than this, or at least we were. Fuck waiting until 2018, I expect to be in the playoffs next season. Let me into that fucking locker room or those board meetings, i'll see it through ... the little pukes.

    You're so right, because I have so much fucking influence on how those guys play! Jesus Christ, stop beating your chest and calm down. No one has accepted or want losing but many of us are smartly aware there's jack shit we as fans can really do about it either. The only way we can hurt the Browns organization is with our wallets and that could easily just cause the team to move again.

    So seriously, what the fuck do you want us as fans to do? That's an honest question, because your wet dream of slamming the doors open, giving an any given sunday speech and winning a super bowl aint happening. Do you want a protest outside of the stadium or something? Do we want me to yell at the stadium "I DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!"? Unless you have some magic 8 ball all we can do is support our hometown team, boo 'em when they always suck and hope for the best. I sure as shit know acting macho on a message board isn't doing squat.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @jrb12711 said:

    You're so right, because I have so much fucking influence on how those guys play! Jesus Christ, stop beating your chest and calm down. No one has accepted or want losing but many of us are smartly aware there's jack shit we as fans can really do about it either. The only way we can hurt the Browns organization is with our wallets and that could easily just cause the team to move again.

    So seriously, what the fuck do you want us as fans to do? That's an honest question, because your wet dream of slamming the doors open, giving an any given sunday speech and winning a super bowl aint happening. Do you want a protest outside of the stadium or something? Do we want me to yell at the stadium "I DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!"? Unless you have some magic 8 ball all we can do is support our hometown team, boo 'em when they always suck and hope for the best. I sure as shit know acting macho on a message board isn't doing squat.

    You accept losing ... and I believe you abuse your pets.

  • @atenears said:

    But you all have ... and it is a damn same. We are better fan base than this, or at least we were. Fuck waiting until 2018, I expect to be in the playoffs next season. Let me into that fucking locker room or those board meetings, i'll see it through ... the little pukes.

    You're so right, because I have so much fucking influence on how those guys play! Jesus Christ, stop beating your chest and calm down. No one has accepted or want losing but many of us are smartly aware there's jack shit we as fans can really do about it either. The only way we can hurt the Browns organization is with our wallets and that could easily just cause the team to move again.

    So seriously, what the fuck do you want us as fans to do? That's an honest question, because your wet dream of slamming the doors open, giving an any given sunday speech and winning a super bowl aint happening. Do you want a protest outside of the stadium or something? Do we want me to yell at the stadium "I DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!"? Unless you have some magic 8 ball all we can do is support our hometown team, boo 'em when they always suck and hope for the best. I sure as shit know acting macho on a message board isn't doing squat.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jrb12711 said:

    You're so right, because I have so much fucking influence on how those guys play! Jesus Christ, stop beating your chest and calm down. No one has accepted or want losing but many of us are smartly aware there's jack shit we as fans can really do about it either. The only way we can hurt the Browns organization is with our wallets and that could easily just cause the team to move again.

    So seriously, what the fuck do you want us as fans to do? That's an honest question, because your wet dream of slamming the doors open, giving an any given sunday speech and winning a super bowl aint happening. Do you want a protest outside of the stadium or something? Do we want me to yell at the stadium "I DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!"? Unless you have some magic 8 ball all we can do is support our hometown team, boo 'em when they always suck and hope for the best. I sure as shit know acting macho on a message board isn't doing squat.

    You're from the 'particpation trophy award' generation obviously.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #16

    How funny neither of you actually answered my question. So i will ask again-what the fuck do you want fans to do about it? Having a dick meausring contest on a fan forum just comes off as old people past their prime trying to feel tough.

    Tangible, meaursable things. I will gladly wait.

  • How funny neither of you actually answered my question. So i will ask again-what the fuck do you want fans to do about it? Having a dick meausring contest on a fan forum just comes off as old people past their prime trying to feel tough.

    Tangible, meaursable things. I will gladly wait.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @jrb12711 said:

    How funny neither of you actually answered my question. So i will ask again-what the fuck do you want fans to do about it? Having a dick meausring contest on a fan forum just comes off as old people past their prime trying to feel tough.

    Tangible, meaursable things. I will gladly wait.

    You probably don't want to get in dick measuring contest with Skippy, the pizza boy in Tampa thought he had a big one.

    Zombo

  • How funny neither of you actually answered my question. So i will ask again-what the fuck do you want fans to do about it? Having a dick meausring contest on a fan forum just comes off as old people past their prime trying to feel tough.

    Tangible, meaursable things. I will gladly wait.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @jrb12711 said:

    How funny neither of you actually answered my question. So i will ask again-what the fuck do you want fans to do about it? Having a dick meausring contest on a fan forum just comes off as old people past their prime trying to feel tough.

    Tangible, meaursable things. I will gladly wait.

    Stop accepting losing. Stop talking about gay three-year+ plans. Stop harming pets.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    How funny neither of you actually answered my question. So i will ask again-what the fuck do you want fans to do about it? Having a dick meausring contest on a fan forum just comes off as old people past their prime trying to feel tough.

    Tangible, meaursable things. I will gladly wait.

    Stop accepting losing. Stop talking about gay three-year+ plans. Stop harming pets.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @atenears said:

    Stop accepting losing. Stop talking about gay three-year+ plans. Stop harming pets.

    No one is accepting losing which I literally said word for word earlier.

    Tangible, meaursable actions you want fans to do. This is quickly becoming pathetic.

  • @atenears said:

    Stop accepting losing. Stop talking about gay three-year+ plans. Stop harming pets.

    No one is accepting losing which I literally said word for word earlier.

    Tangible, meaursable actions you want fans to do. This is quickly becoming pathetic.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @jrb12711 said:

    No one is accepting losing which I literally said word for word earlier.

    Tangible, meaursable actions you want fans to do. This is quickly becoming pathetic.

    Really? Accepting multiple year plans ain't accepting losing? Listen tough internet guy, you jump in and pound your chest to tell others to not pound their chest. You skip over the fact that most everyone here accepts the three+ year plan, yet ask for measurable actions on what fans should do. Accepting a multi-year plan is accepting losing and is a measurable you asshat.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    No one is accepting losing which I literally said word for word earlier.

    Tangible, meaursable actions you want fans to do. This is quickly becoming pathetic.

    Really? Accepting multiple year plans ain't accepting losing? Listen tough internet guy, you jump in and pound your chest to tell others to not pound their chest. You skip over the fact that most everyone here accepts the three+ year plan, yet ask for measurable actions on what fans should do. Accepting a multi-year plan is accepting losing and is a measurable you asshat.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #21

    @atenears said:

    Really? Accepting multiple year plans ain't accepting losing? Listen tough internet guy, you jump in and pound your chest to tell others to not pound their chest. You skip over the fact that most everyone here accepts the three+ year plan, yet ask for measurable actions on what fans should do. Accepting a multi-year plan is accepting losing and is a measurable you asshat.

    Measurable since you arent aware is a tangible item. For example, giving up season tickets to show your disdain for years of terrible football shows an action we as fans can take.

    Saying people are okay with losing is just an opinion, which is not tangible. I would ask if you understand that but it is clear the capacity isnt there to do so.

    Let me make it clear. No one wants to fucking lose. But guess what? Your opinion means jack shit, just like mine. Whether you accept a three year plan, a 12 year plan, or no plan you have ZERO impact on team performance. I know that may break your heart pal, but its true. The actual truth is that fans have to bend over and take it, good or bad. You have no control and never will.

  • @atenears said:

    Really? Accepting multiple year plans ain't accepting losing? Listen tough internet guy, you jump in and pound your chest to tell others to not pound their chest. You skip over the fact that most everyone here accepts the three+ year plan, yet ask for measurable actions on what fans should do. Accepting a multi-year plan is accepting losing and is a measurable you asshat.

    Measurable since you arent aware is a tangible item. For example, giving up season tickets to show your disdain for years of terrible football shows an action we as fans can take.

    Saying people are okay with losing is just an opinion, which is not tangible. I would ask if you understand that but it is clear the capacity isnt there to do so.

    Let me make it clear. No one wants to fucking lose. But guess what? Your opinion means jack shit, just like mine. Whether you accept a three year plan, a 12 year plan, or no plan you have ZERO impact on team performance. I know that may break your heart pal, but its true. The actual truth is that fans have to bend over and take it, good or bad. You have no control and never will.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @jrb12711 said:

    Measurable since you arent aware is a tangible item. For example, giving up season tickets to show your disdain for years of terrible football shows an action we as fans can take.

    Saying people are okay with losing is just an opinion, which is not tangible. I would ask if you understand that but it is clear the capacity isnt there to do so.

    Let me make it clear. No one wants to fucking lose. But guess what? Your opinion means jack shit, just like mine. Whether you accept a three year plan, a 12 year plan, or no plan you have ZERO impact on team performance. I know that may break your heart pal, but its true. The actual truth is that fans have to bend over and take it, good or bad. You have no control and never will.

    I rest my case.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Measurable since you arent aware is a tangible item. For example, giving up season tickets to show your disdain for years of terrible football shows an action we as fans can take.

    Saying people are okay with losing is just an opinion, which is not tangible. I would ask if you understand that but it is clear the capacity isnt there to do so.

    Let me make it clear. No one wants to fucking lose. But guess what? Your opinion means jack shit, just like mine. Whether you accept a three year plan, a 12 year plan, or no plan you have ZERO impact on team performance. I know that may break your heart pal, but its true. The actual truth is that fans have to bend over and take it, good or bad. You have no control and never will.

    I rest my case.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @atenears said:

    I rest my case.

    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/measure?

    But don't let those things like legal definitions hold you down. Keep living the dream amigo.

  • @atenears said:

    I rest my case.

    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/measure?

    But don't let those things like legal definitions hold you down. Keep living the dream amigo.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #24

    @jrb12711 said:

    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/measure?

    But don't let those things like legal definitions hold you down. Keep living the dream amigo.

    Please ... oh God, please, show us where under the definition of the word "measure" it reads anything close to: "Measurable is a tangible item" as a definition. Because it is pretty freaking obvious that "a 3-year plan" is a measure of a plan of action. It measures larger than a 2yr plan and is smaller in measure than a 4yr plan ... but please for the sake of God just even find the word "tangible" anywhere on that definition page/link you just pinned up.

    I was over this conversation hours ago when I was stumbling from bar to bar and bored with you then, but now I'm home and WTF, I'll bite ... amuse us further ole chest pounding young tough guy nerd who learned two new words at work this week and is probably boring the fuck out of his roommates applying them to everything from fruit loops to blunt wraps.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I agree on the 3-4-5 year plans. Fuck that. Other teams have gone worst to first.

    I want that. If not that, ok, I am realistic.....give me 9 wins and lose a close battle for a wildcard slot. 4-5 wins isn't going to make me happy.

  • I agree on the 3-4-5 year plans. Fuck that. Other teams have gone worst to first.

    I want that. If not that, ok, I am realistic.....give me 9 wins and lose a close battle for a wildcard slot. 4-5 wins isn't going to make me happy.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree on the 3-4-5 year plans. Fuck that. Other teams have gone worst to first.

    I want that. If not that, ok, I am realistic.....give me 9 wins and lose a close battle for a wildcard slot. 4-5 wins isn't going to make me happy.

    Happy New Year Russ, its been awhile!

  • @jrb12711 said:

    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/measure?

    But don't let those things like legal definitions hold you down. Keep living the dream amigo.

    Please ... oh God, please, show us where under the definition of the word "measure" it reads anything close to: "Measurable is a tangible item" as a definition. Because it is pretty freaking obvious that "a 3-year plan" is a measure of a plan of action. It measures larger than a 2yr plan and is smaller in measure than a 4yr plan ... but please for the sake of God just even find the word "tangible" anywhere on that definition page/link you just pinned up.

    I was over this conversation hours ago when I was stumbling from bar to bar and bored with you then, but now I'm home and WTF, I'll bite ... amuse us further ole chest pounding young tough guy nerd who learned two new words at work this week and is probably boring the fuck out of his roommates applying them to everything from fruit loops to blunt wraps.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @atenears said:

    Please ... oh God, please, show us where under the definition of the word "measure" it reads anything close to: "Measurable is a tangible item" as a definition. Because it is pretty freaking obvious that "a 3-year plan" is a measure of a plan of action. It is larger than a 2yr plan and smaller in measure than a 4yr plan ... but please for the sake of God just even find the word "tangible" anywhere on that definition page/link you just pinned up.

    I was over this conversation hours ago when I was stumbling from bar to bar and bored with you then, but now I'm home and WTF, I'll bite ... amuse us further ole chest pounding young tough guy nerd who learned two new words at work this week and is probably boring the fuck out of his roommates applying them to everything from fruit loops to blunt wraps.

    ........what? Yes, if this regime desires to have a 3 year rebuild plan that would be a tangible measure of their success or failure. However, that's literally not what you said or what I have said 5 separate times. I'm amazed at how pathetic reading comprehension can be on this board. It borders on manic.

    I've asked you plain as day to provide a tangible measure of how WE AS FANS, I repeat WE AS FANS can do something to make the team get better organizantially. You have not, and cannot, do that because there's nothing we can do. This regime isn't going to listen to an old man on a message board who wants to sound badass just like they aren't going to listen to me. So unless we stop watching the Browns play football, I'm just going to hope to God they win football games and hope for the best. I can yell from the mountain tops "I DON'T ACCEPT A THREE YEAR PLAN!!!!" and guess what? It wouldn't fucking matter.

    I mean this seriously-how can you not understand this? I feel like my dog (oh lemme guess I abuse him right?) could at least comprehend what I'm saying, but it's clear you can't.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #28

    oh jesus christ we've got people now saying they expect us to be in the playoffs next year. FFS people can you please stop this? it'll take next year o possibly the year after to know what "LAST" years prospects will end up being. We'll be ecstatic to be 500

  • @atenears said:

    Please ... oh God, please, show us where under the definition of the word "measure" it reads anything close to: "Measurable is a tangible item" as a definition. Because it is pretty freaking obvious that "a 3-year plan" is a measure of a plan of action. It is larger than a 2yr plan and smaller in measure than a 4yr plan ... but please for the sake of God just even find the word "tangible" anywhere on that definition page/link you just pinned up.

    I was over this conversation hours ago when I was stumbling from bar to bar and bored with you then, but now I'm home and WTF, I'll bite ... amuse us further ole chest pounding young tough guy nerd who learned two new words at work this week and is probably boring the fuck out of his roommates applying them to everything from fruit loops to blunt wraps.

    ........what? Yes, if this regime desires to have a 3 year rebuild plan that would be a tangible measure of their success or failure. However, that's literally not what you said or what I have said 5 separate times. I'm amazed at how pathetic reading comprehension can be on this board. It borders on manic.

    I've asked you plain as day to provide a tangible measure of how WE AS FANS, I repeat WE AS FANS can do something to make the team get better organizantially. You have not, and cannot, do that because there's nothing we can do. This regime isn't going to listen to an old man on a message board who wants to sound badass just like they aren't going to listen to me. So unless we stop watching the Browns play football, I'm just going to hope to God they win football games and hope for the best. I can yell from the mountain tops "I DON'T ACCEPT A THREE YEAR PLAN!!!!" and guess what? It wouldn't fucking matter.

    I mean this seriously-how can you not understand this? I feel like my dog (oh lemme guess I abuse him right?) could at least comprehend what I'm saying, but it's clear you can't.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @jrb12711 said:

    ........what? Yes, if this regime desires to have a 3 year rebuild plan that would be a tangible measure of their success or failure. However, that's literally not what you said or what I have said 5 separate times. I'm amazed at how pathetic reading comprehension can be on this board. It borders on manic.

    I've asked you plain as day to provide a tangible measure of how WE AS FANS, I repeat WE AS FANS can do something to make the team get better organizantially. You have not, and cannot, do that because there's nothing we can do. This regime isn't going to listen to an old man on a message board who wants to sound badass just like they aren't going to listen to me. So unless we stop watching the Browns play football, I'm just going to hope to God they win football games and hope for the best. I can yell from the mountain tops "I DON'T ACCEPT A THREE YEAR PLAN!!!!" and guess what? It wouldn't fucking matter.

    I mean this seriously-how can you not understand this? I feel like my dog (oh lemme guess I abuse him right?) could at least comprehend what I'm saying, but it's clear you can't.

    You do realize that we are the fan base that fought the NFL for our team back, our teams colors and our team's name right? We made a huge difference as fans, we set a precedent for fans of any sport. We took down the NFL using freaking fax machines.

    Have you ever owned season tickets?

    I owned two, then four, then bought two more while selling two, then relocated two, and then I just flat out dumped them all a few years ago in protest of the poor product. I don't even attend games anymore.

    Have you ever bought Browns merchandise?

    My families Christmas use to be filled with Browns gear. We use to hold a thread here on this forum asking everyone to display the Browns gear they received for Christmas. That party doesn't exist anymore

    Have you ever had a retail outlet to sell Browns gear?

    I own one and sales have dried up to almost nothing. We don't even advertise the Browns shit anymore.

    Do you attend the Browns Training Camps?

    I used to regularly. I've attended them in Hiram, Kent State, at Lakeland Community College and in Berea. I now live 1.5 miles from the Browns complex in Berea and I haven't been to a training camp session in years.

    I don't support inept run businesses. I don't blindly support losing. When I hear some young crackerhead talk about only winning a few games and that is acceptable to him because of some phantom multi-year plan, I voice my opinion.

    Is that enough of this old man putting his money where his mouth is? What are you doing about the losing and shit product in the front office which translates into shit product on the field? Are you going to answer all of my questions now that you bored the shit out of me with a stupid word game?