Camp Trade Down
-
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
I'll probably take some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. The Browns would be guaranteed to land an elite defensive prospect (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Hooker, Adams) and pick up an extra top 20 pick. Garrett is a great prospect, but those other guys are close enough to make the trade back a no-brainer. Would you take Jamaal Adams and Malik McDowell instead of Myles Garrett? I would. How about Solomon Thomas and Gareon Conley? Yup. Malik Hooker and Taco Charlton...you see where I'm going with this.
-
Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
I'll probably take some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. The Browns would be guaranteed to land an elite defensive prospect (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Hooker, Adams) and pick up an extra top 20 pick. Garrett is a great prospect, but those other guys are close enough to make the trade back a no-brainer. Would you take Jamaal Adams and Malik McDowell instead of Myles Garrett? I would. How about Solomon Thomas and Gareon Conley? Yup. Malik Hooker and Taco Charlton...you see where I'm going with this.
I'll probably take some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. The Browns would be guaranteed to land an elite defensive prospect (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Hooker, Adams) and pick up an extra top 20 pick. Garrett is a great prospect, but those other guys are close enough to make the trade back a no-brainer. Would you take Jamaal Adams and Malik McDowell instead of Myles Garrett? I would. How about Solomon Thomas and Gareon Conley? Yup. Malik Hooker and Taco Charlton...you see where I'm going with this.
I think I would too. Thomas and Barnett are potentially as good as Garrett. Getting a top DB seems critical to me. And then there is the QB thing.
-
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
But..
This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5. I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him. There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.
-
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
But..
This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5. I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him. There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.
I would not do that trade. Adams is not expected to last until #5.
Take Garrett at #1 and should Adams drop to #5 and you want that deal... call TN then... just for God sake don't trade down and hope or believe your "reconnaissance" that he'll be there.
FYI... I do not make that call. #Front2Back&InsideOut
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
Pretty well his max...
-
I was really referring to the Titans needing a safety / db. One of Booker/Adams/Lattimore should be available at #5, kind of hampering a possible trade with them.
-
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
But..
This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5. I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him. There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
"Slew of picks in a loaded draft". To me, if the draft is loaded, then it is top loaded. So you stock up on Top draft picks.
But..
This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (
Now who is not paying attention?
at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5.
Everything I read says the Titans need primarily two things: an edge rusher and a WR. If they go up, it would be for Garrett likely.
I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him.
Its not that I don't think much of Garrett...its just that I don't think he is Jesus Christ incarnate the way some here do. I do think that even if he is the best prospect...that his position is NOT the greatest...nor even the Top 3 greatest needs of the Browns. I also think that there are others who may in fact be just about as good as Garrett. If I had the chance to do the trade with the Tits, I don't think highly enough of him not to do that deal...because I think we could get someone about as good...plus get another top notch player, be that QB or DB.
Plus, I don't think you have a clue what the Browns actually think.
There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.
But...it IS up for discussion. The Browns have put it up for discussion by saying publicly that they would consider a trade for the #1 pick. If they were so certain of him as so much beyond anyone else in this draft, they would not invite offers the way that they have.
-
I was really referring to the Titans needing a safety / db. One of Booker/Adams/Lattimore should be available at #5, kind of hampering a possible trade with them.
I was really referring to the Titans needing a safety / db. One of Booker/Adams/Lattimore should be available at #5, kind of hampering a possible trade with them.
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
2016 record: 9-7 (.465)
Top needs: CB, WR, ILB
Analysis: The secondary has to be addressed fairly early in the draft for the Titans with the WR talent inside the division. Mariota caught fire in 2016, but still needs a trustworthy WR1. The Titans would greatly benefit from finding an inside linebacker who can cover on third downs.
-
Adams is going to fall, bank it. He can't tackle properly.
-
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
"Slew of picks in a loaded draft". To me, if the draft is loaded, then it is top loaded. So you stock up on Top draft picks.
But..
This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (
Now who is not paying attention?
at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5.
Everything I read says the Titans need primarily two things: an edge rusher and a WR. If they go up, it would be for Garrett likely.
I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him.
Its not that I don't think much of Garrett...its just that I don't think he is Jesus Christ incarnate the way some here do. I do think that even if he is the best prospect...that his position is NOT the greatest...nor even the Top 3 greatest needs of the Browns. I also think that there are others who may in fact be just about as good as Garrett. If I had the chance to do the trade with the Tits, I don't think highly enough of him not to do that deal...because I think we could get someone about as good...plus get another top notch player, be that QB or DB.
Plus, I don't think you have a clue what the Browns actually think.
There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.
But...it IS up for discussion. The Browns have put it up for discussion by saying publicly that they would consider a trade for the #1 pick. If they were so certain of him as so much beyond anyone else in this draft, they would not invite offers the way that they have.
Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.
"Slew of picks in a loaded draft". To me, if the draft is loaded, then it is top loaded. So you stock up on Top draft picks.
But..
This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (
Now who is not paying attention? --
My Whole point is that I don't think you are going to be able to stock up on "top" draft picks. Not that it wouldn't be worth it, sure it would be worth it, but you need to find partners for that to happen.
at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5.
Everything I read says the Titans need primarily two things: an edge rusher and a WR. If they go up, it would be for Garrett likely.
I've read that its DB, WR but I could be wrong and maybe that will be a willing partner for you
I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him.
Its not that I don't think much of Garrett...its just that I don't think he is Jesus Christ incarnate the way some here do. I do think that even if he is the best prospect...that his position is NOT the greatest...nor even the Top 3 greatest needs of the Browns. I also think that there are others who may in fact be just about as good as Garrett. If I had the chance to do the trade with the Tits, I don't think highly enough of him not to do that deal...because I think we could get someone about as good...plus get another top notch player, be that QB or DB.
Plus, I don't think you have a clue what the Browns actually think.
Not trying to pretend to know what the Browns are thinking, just conveying that I haven't heard anyone else mentioned as a possibility if they keep the #1 pick other than Garrett.
There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.
But...it IS up for discussion. The Browns have put it up for discussion by saying publicly that they would consider a trade for the #1 pick. If they were so certain of him as so much beyond anyone else in this draft, they would not invite offers the way that they have.
--If a team trades for the #1 pick, I think it would only be for Garrett at this point. That's what I meant by "isn't even really up for discussion". Again a team could start to fall in love with a QB and that would change things. But I would find it a bit odd if a team traded with the Browns in order to draft a QB at #1, but stranger things have happened.
-
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.
ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.
And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?
If the tits would trade 5 plus 18, for the number one. I'd take it in a New York MIn.... 5-12-18-32-52 I'd be a Happy Camper.....
-
A little new fuel for this old fire...
Browns keep laying the foundation for a trade down
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2017, 10:50 PM EDT
It started with a leak that running back Leonard Fournette is “in play” for the first overall pick in the draft. It continues with a leak that the Browns are torn between two other players: pass rusher Myles Garrett and quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (pictured).
The latest nugget comes from Adam Schefter of ESPN, who reported that Cleveland hasn’t made up its mind between Garrett and Trubisky not long after tweeting that an unnamed NFL executive told him not to be surprised if Garrett isn’t the top pick.
The game here is simple and clear: Cast a wide net as to what the Browns could do with the top pick so that if/when they trade down and take someone in a lower spot, they can claim that’s the guy they would have taken at No. 1.
The bigger question is whether the Browns can get the deal they want to trade out of the top spot. It requires one team to fall sufficiently in love with a guy who otherwise would be gone by the time that team picks to make the right offer. For the Brown, who seem to value the promise of a future pick more than exercising a current pick, the interest in trading down is becoming more and more clear.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/11/browns-keep-laying-the-foundation-for-a-trade-down/
-
Nose meet razor blade.
-
Yeah let's trade down and pass on blue chip talent..
FUCKIN' NOOOOO!!
STAY PUT AND TAKE GARRETT, ASSHOLES!
-
One thing fueling these various reports/rumors is the fact that any number of people who are scrutinizing Garrett are coming up with a variety of "holes" in his game. I know the Gays for Gayrett don't want to hear it, but it is a fact, from Booger McFarland to any number of other "analysts", they say he has weaknesses in his game that are a bit concerning.
That, plus the fact that QB is such a dire need for the Browns (and DE is not), and the fact that it is believed that a potentially equally or nearly equally talented edge rusher can be obtained later on in the draft, perhaps at #12.
-
Silly season in full swing
-
Silly season in full swing
Silly season in full swing
Certainly. If so, why are we all talking about any of it?
I did put up a trivia thread....relating to Browns drafting. You could go there to get away from the silliness for a bit.
-
Silly season in full swing
Silly season in full swing
Yes it is, especially for anyone giving Booger McFarland any credence if it's not LSU. Worst LSU homer out there.
Obviously Von Miller is the guy to listen to.

-
Silly season in full swing
Yes it is, especially for anyone giving Booger McFarland any credence if it's not LSU. Worst LSU homer out there.
Obviously Von Miller is the guy to listen to.

Yes it is, especially for anyone giving Booger McFarland any credence if it's not LSU. Worst LSU homer out there.
Obviously Von Miller is the guy to listen to.

I would rather have him on my team... so just be seen and not heard.
-
Just out of interest if the Titans offered 5, 18 and 33 for the number 1 would you do it ... ?
We then have 5,12,18,32,33 and 52 in the first 2 rounds ...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
