Skip to content

Camp Trade Down

The Browns Board
187 41 5.3k
  • How about a refreshing Camp Don't Overthink it?

  • How about a refreshing Camp Don't Overthink it?

    @flugel said:

    How about a refreshing Camp Don't Overthink it?

    lol... or Over Wish It... which if smushed becomes... Camp WiShit...

    No idea how the Bear's evaluations are falling, but if I am them I am firmly in Camp Letthedraftcometous... which I believe is Iroquois for Don't Overthink It

  • @flugel said:

    How about a refreshing Camp Don't Overthink it?

    lol... or Over Wish It... which if smushed becomes... Camp WiShit...

    No idea how the Bear's evaluations are falling, but if I am them I am firmly in Camp Letthedraftcometous... which I believe is Iroquois for Don't Overthink It

    @tour2ma said:

    lol.. which if smushed

    Oh, you are surely now a confirmed deep east Texas resident Tour. 😆

  • @ghoolie said:

    Why not just give the picks away? It's not like the Browns are going to draft anyone worthwhile. Seriously, Give the fucking picks away, save on cap money and throw a big fucking NO CHANCE FOR THE HOF party for Joe Thomas?

    Fucking idiots.

    I actually laughed aloud at this one

  • 7b1cb8f20fdeb84fe841e4f1fba107df498589f6

  • @ghoolie said:

    Why not just give the picks away? It's not like the Browns are going to draft anyone worthwhile. Seriously, Give the fucking picks away, save on cap money and throw a big fucking NO CHANCE FOR THE HOF party for Joe Thomas?

    Fucking idiots.

    And the real plus side to that is it only makes the Browns look half-foolish instead of completely foolish. 😁

    And my wife interrupted my typing this to say, "Why don't they just take the ones who are rated highest when they make each pick."

    Out of the mouth of someone who knows absolutely nothing about football comes BPA (she had no idea there was a term for it).

  • I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

  • I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

    If that report is out there then there's no way we are doing either one.

  • I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

    Unless they trade down to #2 with a guarantee that the 49ers will not take him, then fine.

    But without that.....if you trade down any further.....the 49ers or the Bears WILL grab him, almost 100%.

  • No trade down this year.

    But with Goff looking like a bust on the scale of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, and Wentz rated as the lowest QB in the league after week 7...

    It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

    They were RIGHT.

  • just Relaying information Gipper, Personally if they want Trubisky may aswell take him at 1 without risk of losing him rather than gamble and take him at 5 or so

  • No trade down this year.

    But with Goff looking like a bust on the scale of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, and Wentz rated as the lowest QB in the league after week 7...

    It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

    They were RIGHT.

    @unsympathetic said:

    No trade down this year.

    But with Goff looking like a bust on the scale of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, and Wentz rated as the lowest QB in the league after week 7...

    It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

    They were RIGHT.

    It is way too early to make those assessments on those players.

  • Please, no more letting other teams have the good players. PICK a couple of good ones at #1 & #12 so that WE can improve instead of letting everyone else improve.

  • I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

    It's January. They don't have a plan yet.

    Certainly not before the Senior Bowl, the combine, pro days ... and the most important of all ... interviews.

    And if they did have a plan, no one would know it, it wouldn't be shared and it would be 99% likely to change.

    Zombo

  • just Relaying information Gipper, Personally if they want Trubisky may aswell take him at 1 without risk of losing him rather than gamble and take him at 5 or so

    @cainedesoulis said:

    just Relaying information Gipper, Personally if they want Trubisky may aswell take him at 1 without risk of losing him rather than gamble and take him at 5 or so

    Exactly.

  • No trade down this year.

    But with Goff looking like a bust on the scale of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, and Wentz rated as the lowest QB in the league after week 7...

    It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

    They were RIGHT.

    @unsympathetic said:

    It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

    They were RIGHT.

    They also reportedly had targeted Goff, but he was gone... so there's that...

    We can credit our FO for not competing with LA for the #1 overall.

    That said, I haven't completely abandoned all hope for Goff... not yet...

  • The ONLY trade down that I think is acceptable is 1 for 2 & 34

  • If their logic is to trade down and pick Trubisky, who are they going to trade with?

    I think if they trade down they will miss out on Trubisky AND the two top defensive players.

    Stay at #1 and take one of those two defensive players....or gamble on the QB.....but don't trade out and MISS out on all of 'em.

  • Good point, who is going to trade up to #1 overall and then not take the highest rated QB?

  • Good point, who is going to trade up to #1 overall and then not take the highest rated QB?

    @roycerolls said:

    Good point, who is going to trade up to #1 overall and then not take the highest rated QB?

    Good question. When is the last time that someone traded up to like #1 or #2 and took something other than a quarterback?

    (I don't know the answer)

    The Browns traded up to #3 to take Richardson. Of course, we now know how stupid that was.