Camp Trade Down
-
from St Louis and was wondering any talk in Cleveland about moving down? as good as Garrett is adding more picks sure makes sense. Thanks
from St Louis and was wondering any talk in Cleveland about moving down? as good as Garrett is adding more picks sure makes sense. Thanks
The #1 is not in play, short of an insane offer. We're tired of missing out on stud players. Bosa,Mack, Jones for starters.
-
Fuck right off with that bullshit
What if we traded with San Diego and they gave us Bosa and their Number 7?

-
I did not see it in this thread, but somewhere else a suggestion was made that because the Tits are so slaverish over getting a pass rusher, that the Browns trade The #1 overall to the Titans for their #5 overall....and the #18 overall which they also own.
That would give the Browns: #5, #12, #18, #33, #52, #65 plus we have #103. That would give the Browns 7 of the Top 103 picks.
And what to do with them?
Fill primary needs:
QB
DB
LB/DE
OT/OC
DT
-
I've always maintained the worst move we never made was in 1999 when we let Ditka give his entire draft including #12 in the first round plus his #1 and #3 in 2000 to Washington for Ricky Williams.
We would have had a cadre of picks to form a substantially better nucleus moving forward.
I like the idea of adding the Titans two #1s. Assures us of Allen/Garret/Foster or a QB. Count me in Team Gip.
-
Titans aren't moving up. You don't move up to #1 unless it's for a franchise QB anymore.
-
Titans aren't moving up. You don't move up to #1 unless it's for a franchise QB anymore.
I agree they are not moving up, but for a different reason. There will be a quality pass rusher available @ #5. Too many excellent ones this year's draft besides Garrett. Let's say Garrett goes #1 as expected. And at least one of SF or Chi takes a QB. Then you have Allen, Barnett and Thomas with Allen likely to go before #5. That leaves two very excellent pass rushers, one of which the Tits can take.
Therefore, no trade with Cleveland by the Tits. Logical? I think so.
-
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
-
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
Well it didn't take long to go from "hey guys, what do you think about this?" to "browns suck they should do my idea!"
-
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
Well it didn't take long to go from "hey guys, what do you think about this?" to "browns suck they should do my idea!"
-
Titans aren't moving up. You don't move up to #1 unless it's for a franchise QB anymore.
Yes, in theory....but as someone noted, the Rams moved up to take Orlando Pace....and that worked out HOF player. If the Tits think that Gayrett is THAT good, they my do it....expecially if they think that by his addition they could be a serious playoff contender....which is possible.
Though...from what I have heard, they may just want to stay put to take WR Williams out of Clemson.
-
Titans aren't moving up. You don't move up to #1 unless it's for a franchise QB anymore.
I agree they are not moving up, but for a different reason. There will be a quality pass rusher available @ #5. Too many excellent ones this year's draft besides Garrett. Let's say Garrett goes #1 as expected. And at least one of SF or Chi takes a QB. Then you have Allen, Barnett and Thomas with Allen likely to go before #5. That leaves two very excellent pass rushers, one of which the Tits can take.
Therefore, no trade with Cleveland by the Tits. Logical? I think so.
I agree they are not moving up, but for a different reason. There will be a quality pass rusher available @ #5. Too many excellent ones this year's draft besides Garrett. Let's say Garrett goes #1 as expected. And at least one of SF or Chi takes a QB. Then you have Allen, Barnett and Thomas with Allen likely to go before #5. That leaves two very excellent pass rushers, one of which the Tits can take.
Therefore, no trade with Cleveland by the Tits. Logical? I think so.
See my previous post. As you say, this draft is considered rich in edge rushers. What it is not rich in is WRs apparently....thus Williams may be a very in demand commodity. And the Tits may want the WR as badly as the DE/OLB....which maybe they think they can get with their #18 pick. They can't get a WR there on the order of Williams....can they?
-
I'm still on board with trading #1 to the 49ers for #2 & #34
-
I'm still on board with trading #1 to the 49ers for #2 & #34
I'm still on board with trading #1 to the 49ers for #2 & #34
That could work. But why would the Niners do that to move up one spot? My theory would be so that the Browns would not trade it to the Bears/Tits...or some other team that may want to jump the 9ers for the player they want.
But...who would that player be?
-
I'm still on board with trading #1 to the 49ers for #2 & #34
That could work. But why would the Niners do that to move up one spot? My theory would be so that the Browns would not trade it to the Bears/Tits...or some other team that may want to jump the 9ers for the player they want.
But...who would that player be?
That could work. But why would the Niners do that to move up one spot? My theory would be so that the Browns would not trade it to the Bears/Tits...or some other team that may want to jump the 9ers for the player they want.
But...who would that player be?
I think 49ers are going QB and the Browns could go whacky and take their guy. The insurance might be worth it for the 49ers.
-
That could work. But why would the Niners do that to move up one spot? My theory would be so that the Browns would not trade it to the Bears/Tits...or some other team that may want to jump the 9ers for the player they want.
But...who would that player be?
I think 49ers are going QB and the Browns could go whacky and take their guy. The insurance might be worth it for the 49ers.
I think 49ers are going QB and the Browns could go whacky and take their guy. The insurance might be worth it for the 49ers.
If that guy is Mitch Trubisky...then the Browns should go whacky and take their guy.
-
I think 49ers are going QB and the Browns could go whacky and take their guy. The insurance might be worth it for the 49ers.
If that guy is Mitch Trubisky...then the Browns should go whacky and take their guy.
If that guy is Mitch Trubisky...then the Browns should go whacky and take their guy.
I wish I was as confident as you.
-
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
Not sure two posts by one person constitutes "a lot".
As for your approaches to posting and fixing the team... to each his own. Spending two, 1st-round picks on QBs this draft is not an approach I'd take.
-
First pick in the draft should be an impact player right out of the gate. Just saying.
WSS
-
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
last I looked QB's are sort of important...and this draft is filled with mid rd qb prospects and will likely need a late 1 for Garrappola..trading down for a mid #1 makes sense to fill your greatest need
Donald didn't make the Rams a winning team and neither did Bosa make San Diego a Super Bowl team..till you fidna QB the Browns will keep losing.
my question was fair but received a lot of scary stupid answers..hopefully the idiots will post elsewhere or I will
Well, I see you need some education on what the Browns came up with going after "mid first round" quarterback prospects. Brady Quinn. Brandon Weeden. Johnny Manziel. That collective stink could fuel several garbage dumps. Other than Mitch Trubisky- who will go top five, there's not another qb in this draft I would touch in the first round. And that includes New England's wonder boy backup Garropolo.
I'm not 100% sold on Garrett yet, but he sure looks like he can be the next Von Miller. Trading down has resulted in us missing on Kalil Mack (got bust Justin Gilbert instead) Julio Jones ( drafted Phil Taylor instead) Haloti Ngata (took Kam Wimbley instead). So FYI, the group think of the Browns fan base is- enough of this trade down crap. You have a stud at where you're picking- take the stud.
-
7 of the next 10 picks after gilbert went to the pro bowl. Trading down was a great idea but farmer made a terrible selection
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
