Skip to content

Camp Trade Down

The Browns Board
187 41 5.3k
  • So, we always speculate about what the Browns should do in the draft by landing in Camp so and so over different players. But with our Front office....we have to consider the Trade Down possibility. Simply due to the fact that this camp "won" last year. It could win again.

    You know me....if MT comes out I want him at #1. But what if he stays in school? Or what if....God forbid...the Browns FO does not agree with me. (How dare they?). What if they perceive (probably rightly so) that our holes are so manifest that we need even more ammunition to attain more high round picks....so that we can fill more of our holes (OL, DL, DBs etc.) with more first and second round picks/prospects.

    Would you trade #1 overall....or leave that sacrosanct. What about #12. Who would be a trade partner that could give us say another round one and a round 2.

    Could the Browns use having 3 first rounders....and maybe the same number of second rounders.

    Do you have any prospects of whom such a Trade down could take place with?

    Who would be desperate to give the Browns an attractive package of picks to move up to #1, if anyone.

  • Top 20 picks:

    1. Cleveland Browns

    2. San Francisco 49ers

    3. Chicago Bears

    4. Jacksonville Jaguars

    5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)

    6. New York Jets

    7. San Diego Chargers

    8. Carolina Panthers

    9. Cincinnati Bengals

    10. Buffalo Bills

    11. New Orleans Saints

    12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)

    13. Arizona Cardinals

    14. Indianapolis Colts*

    15. Philadelphia Eagles* (from Minnesota Vikings)

    16. Baltimore Ravens

    17. Washington Redskins

    18. Tennessee Titans

    19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

    20. Denver Broncos.

    I don't know if any of the playoff teams have multiple picks.

    New England

    Dallas

    Kansas City

    Seattle

    Oakland

    Houston

    NY Giants

    Pittsburgh

    Detroit

    Atlanta

    Miami

    Green Bay

  • And while this is not completely accurate based on playoff positioning, this shows one possible second round configuration:

    33. Cleveland

    34. San Francisco —

    35. Jacksonville —

    36. Chicago —

    37. Los Angeles —

    38. San Diego —

    39. N.Y. Jets —

    40. Carolina —

    41. Cincinnati —

    42. New Orleans —

    43. Philadelphia

    44. Buffalo —

    45. Arizona —

    46. Minnesota —

    47. Baltimore —

    48. Indianapolis —

    49. Washington —

    50. Tampa Bay —

    51. Denver —

    52. Cleveland from Tennessee —

    53. Houston —

    54. Detroit —

    55. Green Bay —

    56. Miami —

    57. Seattle —

    58. Pittsburgh —

    59. Atlanta —

    60. Oakland —

    61. N.Y. Giants —

    62. Kansas City —

    63. Dallas —

    64. New England —

  • If a team like Houston or something wanted to go after Trubisky I could see it, but I would never want to trade back that far for any reason

  • If a team like Houston or something wanted to go after Trubisky I could see it, but I would never want to trade back that far for any reason

    @cvcanedy said:

    If a team like Houston or something wanted to go after Trubisky I could see it, but I would never want to trade back that far for any reason

    Sure, the question is.....is there any player that someone would be desperate to trade up to #1 to take. Other than a QB...that is almost never done. And the Browns have a dire a need for a QB as anyone.

    But, lets say MT stays in school. Would teams be clamoring to make DeShaun Watson the #1 pick? SF? Jets, Bills, Bears?

    If MT is not in this draft....I am about 75% willing to consider a trade of #1.

    Who would salivate over one of the high ranked defenders?

  • @cvcanedy said:

    If a team like Houston or something wanted to go after Trubisky I could see it, but I would never want to trade back that far for any reason

    Sure, the question is.....is there any player that someone would be desperate to trade up to #1 to take. Other than a QB...that is almost never done. And the Browns have a dire a need for a QB as anyone.

    But, lets say MT stays in school. Would teams be clamoring to make DeShaun Watson the #1 pick? SF? Jets, Bills, Bears?

    If MT is not in this draft....I am about 75% willing to consider a trade of #1.

    Who would salivate over one of the high ranked defenders?

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure, the question is.....is there any player that someone would be desperate to trade up to #1 to take. Other than a QB...that is almost never done. And the Browns have a dire a need for a QB as anyone.

    But, lets say MT stays in school. Would teams be clamoring to make DeShaun Watson the #1 pick? SF? Jets, Bills, Bears?

    If MT is not in this draft....I am about 75% willing to consider a trade of #1.

    Who would salivate over one of the high ranked defenders?

    If MT stays in, I don't think there would be a market for the 1 unless a team absolutely thinks a lack of a pass rusher is the only thing holding them back.

  • Let's say we are opening to trading. You have SF and Chicago at 2 and 3 as QB needy teams. If a guy separates himself at QB that the browns don't believe in then they can try to pull something off. However the problem is, if a guy does separate himself fro. The pack, the Browns better just take him.

  • Let's say we are opening to trading. You have SF and Chicago at 2 and 3 as QB needy teams. If a guy separates himself at QB that the browns don't believe in then they can try to pull something off. However the problem is, if a guy does separate himself fro. The pack, the Browns better just take him.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Let's say we are opening to trading. You have SF and Chicago at 2 and 3 as QB needy teams. If a guy separates himself at QB that the browns don't believe in then they can try to pull something off. However the problem is, if a guy does separate himself fro. The pack, the Browns better just take him.

    Agree completely. For my initial concept though, lets say that MT stays in school.

    The clamor to trade up to #1 to take a QB will always be much, much more than the clamor to trade up to take anyone else.

    Refresh my memory on the big trades that have been made recently: Didn't the Redskins give up like 3 first rounders to take RGknee? Look what the Eagles gave us to get Wentz. Any others?

    When was a blockbuster trade ever made to pick up a defensive end?

  • Sacrosanct? No... never say never, but my trade down price would be extra high this year... and I'm not even taking a QB as of now.

    Of course the other factor is how far down does the 1st rounder I get in return. There are as many impact players on the D-side in this draft as I can remember there ever being.

    But even the top tier of 15 or so have a pecking order, and I want to be sure I get at least one of the best of the best... and with a little luck I might even land two of them.

  • I'd be cool with at least trading down one spot so we still get Garrett or Allen. Past that, not sure. But I'd probably be fine with that too.

  • If we can get SF and Chicago in a bidding war for the QB @ #1 overall, good for us. We still get Garrett or Allen plus at least 1 relatively high extra player. And we can still use #12 (and maybe even #33) for more excellent D players in a very deep defensive class.

  • Just learned that Jack Conklin is a first team All-pro as a rookie. Wouldn't we all love to have an All Pro offensive tackle at the age of 22? Of course, we traded the pick (#8) away.

  • Have to say that I apparently missed Conklin, then. Seemed to me to be overrated coming out of MSU.

    That said... the #8 overall is pricey for a RT, but even that circumstance may be due to Lewan holding down LT that any shortcomings jack may have.

  • Trading down to 3 and still getting Allen plus another early 2nd round pick and a fourth would be ideal. Trading down any lower than that would piss me off

  • If we trade down to 15-22 and grab another medicore player i'll flip. take the best damn player available. It's not rocket science, maybe the browns are trying to overthink it.

  • Trade the number one to New England Jimmy Garoppolo and their first and 3rd or their first and second.

    WSS

  • Trade the number one to New England Jimmy Garoppolo and their first and 3rd or their first and second.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Trade the number one to New England Jimmy Garoppolo and their first and 3rd or their first and second.

    WSS

    How about #12 for Garoppalo their #1 #2 & 3 or 4 all their pucks will be late rounders! Definitely not #1 overall that is for ALLEN! ??

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • Give NE garett or allen for jimmy fucking garoppolo? First and foremost, negatory on giving belichick the #1 pick in the draft, oh fuck no. "Maybe" for brady a couple years ago. The league would despise us for that move. Second, garoppolo is not worth that price....not even close.

  • Allen is who I want. No an this year in the first round.

  • Trade the number one to New England Jimmy Garoppolo and their first and 3rd or their first and second.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Trade the number one to New England Jimmy Garoppolo and their first and 3rd or their first and second.

    WSS

    At best I would give a 3rd rounder for Garropolo. Colt McCoy and Charlie Frye were 3rd round picks....and I see him as nothing more than a Colt McCoy or Charlie Frye.