Skip to content

Brian Robiskie at camp

The Browns Board
60 24 4.8k
  • @riffer-x said:

    I just can't see two rookies getting significant minutes without lots of injuries. Part of their philosophy was to get Robo as a guys to play now and Mo Mas as a guy to groom for a possible Edwards replacement.

    Who are you going to play in the three WR set? I don't think anyone on the roster has the type of talent that even comes close to these two guys.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Who are you going to play in the three WR set? I don't think anyone on the roster has the type of talent that even comes close to these two guys.

    Me neither.

    Patten? Sanders? Steptoe?? Robiskie and Massaquoi should be two and three from day one IMO.

  • # 80 thats a good number, to bad for all of those who bought Winslow jerseys that the name wasn't velcroed on.

    Maybe we should put BE in the slot with Robo #1 WR

    @mr.-t said:

    # 80 thats a good number, to bad for all of those who bought Winslow jerseys that the name wasn't velcroed on.

    Just put white tape over those last four letters of his name.

  • @mr.-t said:

    # 80 thats a good number, to bad for all of those who bought Winslow jerseys that the name wasn't velcroed on.

    Just put white tape over those last four letters of his name.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Just put white tape over those last four letters of his name.

    how about this, get some brown cloth and sew it over the last 3 letters of the WINSlow Jersey.

    It may be off center but Robo is a Winner.

  • # 80 thats a good number, to bad for all of those who bought Winslow jerseys that the name wasn't velcroed on.

    Maybe we should put BE in the slot with Robo #1 WR

    @mr.-t said:

    # 80 thats a good number, to bad for all of those who bought Winslow jerseys that the name wasn't velcroed on.

    Maybe we should put BE in the slot with Robo #1 WR

    Skippy, are you reading this??...you should SELL "Robiskie" patches that iron on or are sewn on top of the "Winslow" name on the back of jerseys. Should be a LARGE market for that!

    I don't think you would need licencing rights either...just selling a name on a piece of cloth...no NFL...no Browns...hmmm

  • haha good one oldcrow1945. im real excitied about robiskie. hes smart, an excellent football player, and is an all around classy person. im expecting imediate impact from him. he is gonna do great in out new offense especially if brady quinn is the QB. brady is gonna look to him for those short passes across the middle and to get those tough yards on 3rd and medium.

    im not a buckeye fan but i do think he could be a great WR in this league, i cant wait for the season to start. and get me a robiskie jersey

  • @riffer-x said:

    I just can't see two rookies getting significant minutes without lots of injuries. Part of their philosophy was to get Robo as a guys to play now and Mo Mas as a guy to groom for a possible Edwards replacement.

    Who are you going to play in the three WR set? I don't think anyone on the roster has the type of talent that even comes close to these two guys.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Who are you going to play in the three WR set? I don't think anyone on the roster has the type of talent that even comes close to these two guys.

    If Patten is healthy he is the slot, not even close. Don't underestimate him, dude can play and just what they need in a reliable vet but that's "if" he stays healthy.

    Do you guys honestly think two rookies are going to be on the field at the same time with a first year QB? Sure it could happen but I don't think by design unless Mo Mas just turns out to be a badass from the get.

    Also, what is going on with Bennett? If not him there will be another vet brought in almost guaranteed.

  • The thing I notice about him is how well he concentrates and still makes the catch when the defender is all over him.

    Without seperation speed he has to do this.

  • mz. said:

    Ahh, and look whose old number he has...

    I didn't even think of that!

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    I didn't even think of that!

    I thought of it right away because I thought "sweet, my Winslow jersey isn't totally worthless now! A little tape and a marker and I'm good to go!"

    🙂

  • @mr.-t said:

    # 80 thats a good number, to bad for all of those who bought Winslow jerseys that the name wasn't velcroed on.

    Maybe we should put BE in the slot with Robo #1 WR

    Skippy, are you reading this??...you should SELL "Robiskie" patches that iron on or are sewn on top of the "Winslow" name on the back of jerseys. Should be a LARGE market for that!

    I don't think you would need licencing rights either...just selling a name on a piece of cloth...no NFL...no Browns...hmmm

    @dan-in-florida said:

    Skippy, are you reading this??...you should SELL "Robiskie" patches that iron on or are sewn on top of the "Winslow" name on the back of jerseys. Should be a LARGE market for that!

    I don't think you would need licencing rights either...just selling a name on a piece of cloth...no NFL...no Browns...hmmm

    This is freaking genius. If Stan doesn't move on it, I'm getting my wife on this tonight! Ebay here I come!

  • Hey wait...I brought this "name on the back of the jersey" thing up in the first place when I suggested taping over the last four letters.........Do I get a cut?

  • Hey wait...I brought this "name on the back of the jersey" thing up in the first place when I suggested taping over the last four letters.........Do I get a cut?

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Hey wait...I brought this "name on the back of the jersey" thing up in the first place when I suggested taping over the last four letters.........Do I get a cut?

    Unfortunately not, because you and I are both similarly cheap and lazy and thought of tape and a marker.

    It was Dan that came up with sewing letters on browns fabric. Truly evil genius.

  • "Evil Genius" that's hilarious Dam.

    Back in 95 I took actual white paint and painted over Metcalf and then magic markered Byner in.

    It didn't look so good.

    All was well though, cuz I was in the pound anyway and everybody loved it cuz it was so ratty.

    I like Danimal's idea a lot.

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Hey wait...I brought this "name on the back of the jersey" thing up in the first place when I suggested taping over the last four letters.........Do I get a cut?

    Unfortunately not, because you and I are both similarly cheap and lazy and thought of tape and a marker.

    It was Dan that came up with sewing letters on browns fabric. Truly evil genius.

    @damajuki said:

    Unfortunately not, because you and I are both similarly cheap and lazy and thought of tape and a marker.

    It was Dan that came up with sewing letters on browns fabric. Truly evil genius.

    Lol....You know me well!

    I agree...True evil genius.

    plankton2.jpg

  • I think we are underestimating Patten. He is a very good slot guy and I think will be a good guy to teach MoMass to take over next year.

  • azii5c.jpg
  • The thing I notice about him is how well he concentrates and still makes the catch when the defender is all over him.

    Without seperation speed he has to do this.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    The thing I notice about him is how well he concentrates and still makes the catch when the defender is all over him.

    Without seperation speed he has to do this.

    Fun to watch.

    Also easily seen... after scoring... he very politely handed the ball to the official. CLASS

    The officials surely notice those things too. His old man is going to have plenty to be proud of.

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Who are you going to play in the three WR set? I don't think anyone on the roster has the type of talent that even comes close to these two guys.

    Me neither.

    Patten? Sanders? Steptoe?? Robiskie and Massaquoi should be two and three from day one IMO.

    mz. said:

    Me neither.

    Patten? Sanders? Steptoe?? Robiskie and Massaquoi should be two and three from day one IMO.

    Patton will start camp as the slot receiver and Massaquoi will have to earn his playing time. Patton is actually a class individual and will help both Rob and Mass learn the ropes.

  • I don't hate Patten, I just think his age has caught up with him. He'll be a fine mentor for the young guys.

  • @riffer-x said:

    I'm so excited to have an actual intelligent WR here that can catch and not act like a nob. I predict he's going to be a fan favorite and not just cuz he's a Buckeye, that shit is overrated.

    Oh, and Massoquoi is cool as hell, he interviews like a champ and is very intelligent and down to earth. I'm still not expecting much from him this year, though.

    Both of these guys are class individuals. That makes it even more fun rooting for them.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Both of these guys are class individuals. That makes it even more fun rooting for them.

    I really like them both also and think they will add great contributions to the browns as time goes on...i am loving mangini's approach he has these guys guzzling down the koolaid already...hehehehe