Up the Middle Pressure
-
Lulz
-
Gip remember that sheltons responsibility in the 3-4 is mostly to soak up double teams and hold his gaps. Getting upfield is an afterthought. And in that respect he was rated as the best in the league no? So in the 4-3 he might be turned loose more. But im sure the new dc will also use im to spring the other frontline guys loose.
Frankly i see big things from our front 4, especially if we get allen or garett. Lb'ers might be a different story.
Gip remember that sheltons responsibility in the 3-4 is mostly to soak up double teams and hold his gaps. Getting upfield is an afterthought. And in that respect he was rated as the best in the league no? So in the 4-3 he might be turned loose more. But im sure the new dc will also use im to spring the other frontline guys loose.
Frankly i see big things from our front 4, especially if we get allen or garett. Lb'ers might be a different story.
Allen and Garret are both listed as DEs. Do you think either of them can do the Reggie White/JJ Watt type thing where they line up half the time on the inside?
And, yes, I get it that in a 4-3 that system could eliminate a lot of the double teams Shelton sees....and maybe free him up.
But do we have a "running mate" for him? Do we have a Bob Lilly to his Randy White? A Rosey Grier to his Merlin Olson?
Right now we have what? Jamie Meder? Would Dez Bryant play that role? (with Ogbah/Nassib at the DEs)
I think we do need a guy.
-
Im more than happy to see meder playing with sheltonnect year, i think they're a good tandem. Add bryant and maybe one other guy we're solid. Like i said im ok with allen at DT in certain packages, but i want that man strength on one of our edges. Stsly allen will have way more impact at DE than DT next year.
-
Im more than happy to see meder playing with sheltonnect year, i think they're a good tandem. Add bryant and maybe one other guy we're solid. Like i said im ok with allen at DT in certain packages, but i want that man strength on one of our edges. Stsly allen will have way more impact at DE than DT next year.
Im more than happy to see meder playing with sheltonnect year, i think they're a good tandem. Add bryant and maybe one other guy we're solid. Like i said im ok with allen at DT in certain packages, but i want that man strength on one of our edges. Stsly allen will have way more impact at DE than DT next year.
OK, still....lets see with this new DC if he may not want to add some emphasis on getting help in the middle.
So let's not be surprised if the Browns take a DT in say the second round.
Watkins? Malik McDowell, Mich St. Chris Wormley, Michigan, Caleb Brantley Florida
-
Is there an echo in here??
-
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
-
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
Not in the least bit.
-
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
-
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.
-
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.
Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.
Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?
-
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
Trollolololol.
-
I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.
Trollolololol.
-
Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.
Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?
Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?
I wasn't the one saying Barnett and Williams are equal to them thus why I asked you. I thought you had made an informed decision. I already said I have not watched much of them.
-
Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?
I wasn't the one saying Barnett and Williams are equal to them thus why I asked you. I thought you had made an informed decision. I already said I have not watched much of them.
I wasn't the one saying Barnett and Williams are equal to them thus why I asked you. I thought you had made an informed decision. I already said I have not watched much of them.
My opinion of them is as well devoloped as it that about Williams and Garrett.
-
They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.
Ummmm...
But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.
And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.
-
They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.
Ummmm...
But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.
And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.
Ummmm...
But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.
And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.
I don't think so. A stud of a passing rushing DT is every bit if not more valuable than an edge rusher. It is just a fact that edge rushers have much less resistance than most DTs. DTs have to fight of OGs, OCs, and often blocking fullbacks. So it is much harder for them to get sacks.
A Michael Dean Perry was more valuable than a Rob Barnett. When JJ Watt or Reggie Watt went inside they were quite possibly more dangerous than any DE.
Again, and edge rusher's job is simply easier.
But tell you what.....if the Browns had a MDP type player on the inside to go along with Shelton....how good do you think Obgah and Nassib would look then?
Their jobs would be a lot easier, and they would look a lot better.
-
They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.
Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.
-
They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.
Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.
Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.
And, who gives a flying fuck about that?
Again, remember, you and I are just stupid fans. We don't mean shit. Your opinion don't mean shit. Mine neither.
But, and I don't know if we got off track here...but to bring it back:
Our Browns FO just made a big investment is DEs/OLBs last year, Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert....and possibly Collins.
And I am simply saying that is highly probable that they have faith in those picks, and that picking up an edge rusher may not be their highest priority.
OK, sure, if they absolutely fall in love with a guy like Garrett, and think they can't live without him, they may go against their own grain and pick the guy.
That would still not change their basic philosophy...nor the needs of the team re these other positions.
-
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?
Jonathon Allen plays for the best team in College Football and he's the reason they are the best team. Allen should be our first pick no matter what! And if Reuben Foster is there at 12 take him too!
-
Christ we are in for a long few months
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login